Oh Where are you Infected Weevil?

I tend to find them near the gully in The Haze zone, either down in it, or on the other side of the gap; had 3 rush me while on the quest, but time before...not so much. One of the few quests I turn down regularly, just don't like fighting them. You need to quick bow them before they explode....

6 hours ago, Rex P. said:

I tend to find them near the gully in The Haze zone, either down in it, or on the other side of the gap; had 3 rush me while on the quest, but time before...not so much. One of the few quests I turn down regularly, just don't like fighting them. You need to quick bow them before they explode....

you only have to hit them once to get credit for the kill, stick em with an arrow wait till they get close then run from the explosion. 

They seem to be affected by the spawning issues.  my game has them, online games i see don't.  

• Thanks 1

Xbox One X

12 hours ago, Skjoldur said:

Nice, did not know that. -- Though I also encountered several that I could not even damage. They just exploded and obviously did not count.

the bow is the only weapon i've found so far that will hit them.

Xbox One X

16 minutes ago, Skjoldur said:

I managed to kill 3 with the mint mallet. So not all seem to have that problem.

good to know.  i save the mint mallet for the wolf spider and tough bugs like that, never tried it on the infected weevils.  all the other weapons and tools don't seem to work though when i tried them.

Xbox One X

4 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

good to know.  i save the mint mallet for the wolf spider and tough bugs like that, never tried it on the infected weevils.  all the other weapons and tools don't seem to work though when i tried them.

As I said, even the mint mallet does not always work on them, but in the future I will just use the bow for this mission. They explode either way.