Please Fix Ant Egg Spawn

6 hours ago, OldManDorf said:

Please just fix the spawn of ant eggs. I’ve cleared out the ant hill came back every morning and evening for several days and nothing. Came back again and more ants and no eggs. All the do this and do that isn’t working just fix it so a few eggs spawn please. Thanks.

What worked for me was to kill only worker ants in the yard and I mean all over the yard then go to sleep D run to ant hill to see eggs and if they're not there just wait 

2 hours ago, tecknotot said:

What worked for me was to kill only worker ants in the yard and I mean all over the yard then go to sleep D run to ant hill to see eggs and if they're not there just wait 

Having a workaround is okay, but the whole mechanism should be reworked and fixed.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, OldManDorf said:

Please just fix the spawn of ant eggs. I’ve cleared out the ant hill came back every morning and evening for several days and nothing. Came back again and more ants and no eggs. All the do this and do that isn’t working just fix it so a few eggs spawn please. Thanks.

They did say in an interview an ant queen is coming so maybe in the future the queen will be laying eggs

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Skjoldur said:

Having a workaround is okay, but the whole mechanism should be reworked and fixed.

The issue doesn't exist in new games, looks like it's carried over from older games to the new patches and glitching out.

That said they need to figure out why for sure.  I'd hate to see this carried over to the live release next year.

Xbox One X

In brand new games that you just started, no, it doesn't. However, once in game long enough, the ant population gets stuck in mini hordes across the map and are unable to complete their function of bringing food back to the anthill and also preventing ant eggs from spawning. I recently just started a new game and tested out this theory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aomphoto said:

In brand new games that you just started, no, it doesn't. However, once in game long enough, the ant population gets stuck in mini hordes across the map and are unable to complete their function of bringing food back to the anthill and also preventing ant eggs from spawning. I recently just started a new game and tested out this theory.

Well thats great, so I guess they need to find a way for those that invested time in the game and dont want to start over.  I dont really want to report it but my game has no spiders or ladybugs 😄

Hi all.  I too have tried all those methods of getting eggs to spawn.  I have yet to go on a full on Ant hunt across the map but I’m guessing it’s what many of you have said.  They are glitched out somewhere and need to be killed.  My save is from one of the earliest patches and I can’t start over unless it’s for a specific update.  My base is to huge and to have to rebuild it would be tragic.  

hopefully they can work out a way to save people’s working saves through patches but I’ll go on that ant hunt soon and see if that makes a difference.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin O'Hara said:

Hi all.  I too have tried all those methods of getting eggs to spawn.  I have yet to go on a full on Ant hunt across the map but I’m guessing it’s what many of you have said.  They are glitched out somewhere and need to be killed.  My save is from one of the earliest patches and I can’t start over unless it’s for a specific update.  My base is to huge and to have to rebuild it would be tragic.  

hopefully they can work out a way to save people’s working saves through patches but I’ll go on that ant hunt soon and see if that makes a difference.  

Prior to two patches ago, ants and aphids which ants chase were stuck INSIDE rocks.  Some are STILL stuck inside rocks and you need to use gas arrows to kill them, but you need to kill every worker ant outside, in the yard then sleep but to make sure, we also killed every ant inside the hill at least once.

I'm working from a Save with over 300 Game Days, since the Rel binary...everything from all updates so far works great; except....Ant Eggs and their life cycle.  With the 'stuck glitch update', Aphids returned en mass, I get Lady bugs and all the other 'large' NPC.  I still get bugs glitched into Tree roots and the Porch area, but it's a much better life cycle for the lower tier bugs/NPCs.

What I am not seeing...is the 'normal' Ant cycle...no Workers spawning eggs, no Soldiers spawning eggs, no matter how many Ants I eliminate, how much Food in the chamber, no matter how many times I clear the warren, no eggs, yet the new location markers of the egg 3D assets appear in the 2 egg chambers. Same 3 Soldiers in the AnteFood chamber, 3 in the Worker spawn area, 3 in the tunnels...never any viable eggs.

I am the one feeding them...yet I see hordes of Workers out in the world chasing spoiled meat, aphids, weevils[even saw a Soldier carrying DRIED GRASS back to Hill]; I kill those when I meet them. Wasn't there 'Hunter' Ants at the beginning? the ones out actively searching for live food??? thought I saw that on the screen once, at night...  I do know that in my BURG.L quests, Workers and Soldiers count the same for Kills...had both quests in the queue at the same time, ;).  I think there is some linkage between these errors with ants.

Edited by Rex P.

14 hours ago, Kevin O'Hara said:

it's the spoiled meat.  they gather around it en masse fighting to get the meat.  Find those groups and kill them,  then the eggs respawn,  at least in my game.

• Like 1

Xbox One X