At least it is possible. I wonder now how long it lasts. I was specifically thinking of my solo wizard run and trying to extend it via WoD.

Int resistance is OK as it would downgrade Dominated to Charmed? Or if you charm yourself you are not able to use abilities, only autoattack?

Very interesting nevertheless, thank you for it!

On a second thought, for my wizard/chanter solo run, provided I find a way to have DEX immunity (which could let me abuse Swift against melee enemies via DAoM or Squid's Grasp) and RES immunity...

I think I could also benefit from the Confused portion of Arkemyr's Mercurial Madness, because I could then lifeleech the 4-5 "Many Lives Pass By" skellies via Corrosive Siphon (at lvl20 I normally underpenetrate enemies with it). Also once confused, I could extend it endlessly via the Confusion spell. Maybe also self-apply Combusting Wounds + Rekvu's Scorched Cloak ?

Edited by lewis_cb

17 hours ago, lewis_cb said:

On a second thought, for my wizard/chanter solo run, provided I find a way to have DEX immunity (which could let me abuse Swift against melee enemies via DAoM or Squid's Grasp) and RES immunity...

an enchanter will naturally have dex immunity the first time they get an affliction. there is also sandals of the water lilly which grants dex immunity at the cost of a penalty to deflection.

similarly village fool cap will give you resolve immunity but everyone will get a deflection penalty (you and enemies). this deflection penalty is actually not bad in certain fights, but as a general thing might be too punishing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thelee said:

similarly village fool cap will give you resolve immunity but everyone will get a deflection penalty (you and enemies). this deflection penalty is actually not bad in certain fights, but as a general thing might be too punishing.

Character wearing it is excluded from effects.

Chanter/bm ( I assumed he runs bloodmage) for dex immu can just cast Shatter their shackles... and extend it via wall of draining.

Edited by Waski
  • Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Waski said:

Character wearing it is excluded from effects.

Chanter/bm ( I assumed he runs bloodmage) for dex immu can just cast Shatter their shackles... and extend it via wall of draining.

chanter/bm can also cast two fingers of daylight for resolve immunity. hey i sense a zany build idea!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thelee said:

no modwyr?

I meant I wouldn't be able to get Certain Mutiny and Brilliant at the same time. 

I am assuming Certain Mutiny procs and lasts for as long as an ally is Dominated. Would I lose Certain Mutiny as soon as I swap to Modwyr? or does Certain Mutiny have a fixed duration and continue even if the ally is no longer Dominated?

Edit:

I was wondering whether I would be able to get Energetic, Intuitive & Brilliant (and Swift). Those 3 could combo very well: Long Night's / Thick Grew could crit most enemies every 3s, hence interrupting them, and so could Chill Fog (Fortitude), Freezing Pillar (Reflex) and WoD (Will).

Not sure how viable that would be, the skellies chant is super good.

Edit2:

I also wonder... do chants continue after using Citzal's Martial Power? if so I wonder how often they would crit & interrupt with it + Energetic + Intuitive + Merciless Graze (plus Spirit Lance too because why not 😜).

Edited by lewis_cb

A tactician warcaller wielding squids grasp could get energetic, intuitive, brilliant and swift easily if you had a berserker witch party member cast dominate on his/herself while confused. Squids grasp is already great for tacticians due to it granting immunity to flanked.

Regarding your second question, I'm 99% sure that you could still chant under CMP. But I'm not sure that you would be able to cast invocations.