A Few Grass Farming Ideas

I would like to see a way to break down grass planks into grass fiber. Maybe introduce a grass mill. Right now, there really is not a huge benefit of having grass pallets because when ur building its faster just to use grass planks right and when im not building and farming for grass fiber im not taking the time to save all the grass planks. Right now I need 2144 fibers for all of my fences for my sky catwalks so im not spending the time to take the planks to the pallets. If there was a conveyer system that would auto sort to a group of pallets that would be a huge benefit and make grass pallets useful. This doesn't need to be turned into a factory game of mining and farming. Honestly I think grass planks is the only thing thats needs this benefit. I have about 50 to 60 sap collectors around the oak tres and I think that's fine as well. Im sure there's  arguements for more ways to make farming stuff faster, but i do think in this situation and game, less is more for conveyer systems. It would be nice to be able to carry more though both inventory and planks. Maybe chances to find different size backpacks or the possibility to make bigger backpacks with loomed fibers called grasscloth or ramie(both are a real thing).  

Edited by Jmelecii
Spelling
  • Like 1

agreed, but it would probably be easier to implement if we could chop the planks into fiber.

THey're looking into making the sap collectors hold more than 1 sap.  so eventually if we leave all of our numerous collectors out, we'll have more sap than is ever needed.

you can carry 5 planks/stems by default.  if you equip all 3 ant armor pieces you can carry 8 (1 slot for each piece of armor), then there's a smoothie or mutation or whatever that gives you 2 extra slots for a total of 10 planks.

I'd like to see a sled/travois system be able to be crafted so we can load it up with planks/stems/whatever and drag it around, add more items with the armor bonus and even more with the smoothie or whatever buff on the sled also.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

Xbox One X

I thought about using the axe to make fibers too then I thought it might be fun to have a mill. Ur right on the sled, i like that too, it would great if u could harness a couple weevils and attach them to a sled for a mount as well.  I can't make all the smoothies yet, im still working on the status buffs too, I dont like looking on the internet unless I'm fully stumped so I don't know what they all are yet. Anyway I'm rambling, I like your thoughts my friend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

agreed, but it would probably be easier to implement if we could chop the planks into fiber.

THey're looking into making the sap collectors hold more than 1 sap.  so eventually if we leave all of our numerous collectors out, we'll have more sap than is ever needed.

you can carry 5 planks/stems by default.  if you equip all 3 ant armor pieces you can carry 8 (1 slot for each piece of armor), then there's a smoothie or mutation or whatever that gives you 2 extra slots for a total of 10 planks.

I'd like to see a sled/travois system be able to be crafted so we can load it up with planks/stems/whatever and drag it around, add more items with the armor bonus and even more with the smoothie or whatever buff on the sled also.

Would also love to see something like a sled that we can pull around.  Some of the large Husky Stems drop 10+ Weed Stems and it is so annoying running back and forth.   Maybe the ability to train a ladybug to haul a wagon for you.

The ability to craft a larger back pack would be nice.

for someone like me ..... 

Now .... I don't have ~ A ~ Base .... I currently have 10 Structures .... most of them Completed .... 
and I've never built anything with a Grass Wall ... 

I spend vast amounts of time carrying Stem .... and harvesting Clay .... 
the ability to transport more stem at once .... would SIGNIFICANTLY change how I spend my time in-game ... 

I would spend more time planning and constructing my buildings .... 
and MUCH less time .. just plain running from the Pond to the Hedge with Stems