after a long time i noticed ydwin dissapeared, probably died during pirate fight. is there any way to revive her? maybe through the console or some mod ?  is her name still  "Companion_Ydwin(Clone)"  ? 

AddToParty Companion_Ydwin(Clone) does not work. any way to revive ydwin ? 

Thanks for anwering anyway. 

The console says : 

Command or script 'AddToparty' parameter error : couldnt  find an object named like  'Companion_Ydwin(Clone)' .  

Plus. It seems this command only works if the character is in the active party. for example, if i have Xoti in my active party it will work. but if she is not in the active party it wont work. It will happen the same thing that it happens with Ydwin.

Same applies to the "findcharacter" command. It will only find a character name if the character is in the active party.

However, doing in relation to npcs maybe could work because when i used the console to add a npc some distinct messages appeared in the console. Can someone test if these commands work on your game?

Edited by nouser

On 9/11/2020 at 2:43 AM, Boeroer said:

I would have thought that AddToParty should work. It works with basically every enemy and NPC, too - so I'm surprised it doesn let you add Ydwin. What did the console say when you tried?

Thanks for anwering anyway. 

The console says : 

Command or script 'AddToparty' parameter error : couldnt  find an object named like  'Companion_Ydwin(Clone)' 

Plus. It seems this command only works if the character is in the active party. for example, if i have Xoti in my active party it will work. but if she is not in the active party it wont work. It will happen the same thing that it happens with Ydwin.

Same applies to the "findcharacter" command. It will only find a character name if the character is in the active party.

However, doing in relation to npcs maybe could work because when i used the console to add a npc some distinct messages appeared in the console. Can someone test if these commands work on your game?

Edited by nouser

The clone is the instance of the game object that gets created when you add chars to your party (I guess). When Ydwin got killed it may be that this clone with that special name got removed from the list of game objects or only from the list of characters. Instead of FindCharacter you can try FindGameObject to see if you can find one with the name of Ydwin and see if you can use that name in the AddToParty command. 

if that doesn't work: I don't know how you can manually create a new clone (like Companion_Ydwin(Clone1) or something) and add it to the party. There should be the "blueprint" of Ydwin somewhere as game object from which you can create new clones and then add those to the party. Don't know the console command to achieve that. Maybe it isn't even there. Maybe it can be done with the AddToParty command directly. No idea. But maybe this info helps when googling. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

its weird because the game is with all the required files, i even verifyed them in steam.  as i said before the command to AddToParty does not even work with living characters that are not in the active party (even if they are in the party but not being used). it only work if the character is  in the active party. will work with xoti only if she is already in the active party, for example but will not work if she inot being in the active party, although being in the party,

The same problem seems to happen when adding the "FindGameObject " command (FindGameObject  Ydwin in the console). 

The Console Says:

Call 'FindGameObject Ydwin': No command or script named 'FindGameObject' exists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe the problem has anything to do with a strange message  that appears when i load, which  says:

Couldnt find batch file 'BindDefaultDebugKeys.txt' in C:/Users/User/Documents/Pillars of Eternity II/Batch Files' or 'C:/Program Files(x86)/2Steam/steammaps/common/Pillars of Eternity II/PillarsOfEternityII_Data/data/batchfiles'.

is the problem is perhaps related to the batchfiles or with tha set up of the game folders?

My saved games are stored in User:/MyGames . could that be the source of the problem? since maybe the saves are supposed to be stored in C:/Users/User/Documents    ?

Edited by nouser

1 hour ago, nouser said:

Couldnt find batch file 'BindDefaultDebugKeys.txt' in C:/Users/User/Documents/Pillars of Eternity II/Batch Files'

I always get this error when I play with the console. I think it's just a spurious error.

1 hour ago, nouser said:

Call 'FindGameObject Ydwin': No command or script named 'FindGameObject' exists.

I think Boeroer misspoke, it's "FindGameData" probably.

• Thanks 1

Alright. i added FindGameData  Ydwin .

This time the console showed some new stuff.   a series of new commands involving Ydwin such as  Companion_Ydwin  , SPK_Companion_Ydwin , PT_Ydwin and RM_Worldmap_Sea_Int_Ydwin. Among others.

However, after trying to use the command AddToParty  with these new series of codes. Most of them resulted in things like 

Call 'AddToParty  Companion_Ydwin ' Command or Script 'AddToParty' Parameter error:  couldnt find an object named like Companion_Ydwin'

Edited by nouser

Importantly, The ONLY  of these new commands that appeared after using FindGameData Ydwin which showed some reaction in the console was PT_Ydwin.

Placing the command :

AddToParty  PT_Ydwin   =   Made the console say: Interpreting 'PT_Ydwin ' as 'Trigger_Script_Ydwin_Bark' .

Have no idea what that means, however,

Using the cheat  : ToggleCursorDebug on Ydwin before she joins the party (in an old save)  shows her name as:

Companion_Ydwin(Clone) (b1a7e807-0000-0000-0000-000000000000)

Edited by nouser