Insect Combat

I don't feel like insects should be able to turn while in mid attack because it almost feels impossible especially when going against tons. It especially makes the bombardier beetle harder because every time it has its acid attacks it just keeps turning towards me then it hits me in mid air. I feel like this isn't suppose to happen and it's just a bug 

On 9/5/2020 at 10:16 PM, DIN604 said:

I don't feel like insects should be able to turn while in mid attack because it almost feels impossible especially when going against tons. It especially makes the bombardier beetle harder because every time it has its acid attacks it just keeps turning towards me then it hits me in mid air. I feel like this isn't suppose to happen and it's just a bug 

so bugs can't behave like they do in real life?  turn and attack at the same time? 

This isn't a bug, it's how it should be.  i hope they continue to make it more realistic.  Combat right now is way to simple.

Xbox One X

On 9/6/2020 at 2:16 PM, DIN604 said:

This is a point of contention for me. So far, I feel like most insects don't push it too far, however, some attacks have more allowance than others.

Most insect attacks are well telegraphed, which is honestly understated design in modern games.

I do however, have the opposite problem with the Bombardier Beetles; I was able to kill one a couple of nights ago with my fists (Lil Fist) by walking around it and occasionally sprinting for a second when it caught up with me.

I would love to see an answer to this exploit, perhaps with some bigger insects standing tall and hitting the ground to kick up dust and slow player movement speed - just an idea.

So far, I don't have much to complain about but I always like more attack variations in games like this with a dynamic sandbox. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

so bugs can't behave like they do in real life?  turn and attack at the same time? 

This isn't a bug, it's how it should be.  i hope they continue to make it more realistic.  Combat right now is way to simple.

What I am trying to say is really just the bombardier beetle nothing else really others i'm fine with but its just the acid attack from the beetle. I feel like it just needs some rework because sometimes it can be complicated to kill it because its almost like a fast rotating catapult. The acid can hit all the time pretty much because he can turn.

11 hours ago, DIN604 said:

What I am trying to say is really just the bombardier beetle nothing else really others i'm fine with but its just the acid attack from the beetle. I feel like it just needs some rework because sometimes it can be complicated to kill it because its almost like a fast rotating catapult. The acid can hit all the time pretty much because he can turn.

that's a bug, i've only had it twice where it constantly shot acid,  it's supposed to do that once then physical attacks a few times then shoot acid again and repeat.

• Thanks 1

Xbox One X

3 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

that's a bug, i've only had it twice where it constantly shot acid,  it's supposed to do that once then physical attacks a few times then shoot acid again and repeat.

I've seen the Bomabadiers sit there and do nothing but shoot acid at me .... 
at first I thought that was ALL they did .... I finally managed to kill my first one by getting him stuck on a rock and throwing pebbets at him till he died ... 
took well over an hour