Cannot Load my saved Game

yep. cant load. cant start new game unless i just leave it running in background as new saves do not load either.  not really willing to redo 130 hours of building. glad its early access just hope seasonal crap doesnt get put in so i dont miss anything when i come back.   fun game but proper save/load is more important than an icon.

Merged a large number of very similar topics on the recent issue with not loading saved games without crashing. Hoping the devs will chime in at some point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey guys, this has happened to be also! I have sent en email about it yesterday but haven't heard back yet, It crashed after i recycled a grass plank pallet and now all recent game saves aren't working which means i am going to lose a lot of progress, I think it might be related to a recent update, i was having other issues i believe to be associated to this update as well as my friend who joined my hosted game couldn't see anything (beds/chests etc) so would have to quit and reenter the game and then it was good for a while but would happen again and again, so the whole time we were playing he kept having to reload into the game. Also they need to fix the falling through the map issue, because every time he joined his character fell indefinitely through the map until he gave up and re-spawned

On 9/5/2020 at 4:11 AM, Inot Legolas said:

Hi,

I have problem

I can't Load saved game,

after choose character and go to Loading page, game is force closed

please help

Youre not alone, its been reported and acknowledged.  It will be fixed soon.  I got a response from Obs.

27 minutes ago, gargflaps said:

On the Trello board, they've been asking for steam zip files of the game sames and gamertags for those on the xbox/windows version to try and get to the bottom of this.  Link here for the card in question.

This forum is literally the company's website.  Why has nothing been requested here?  Is the Trello board the place to be to get the latest info?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Todd Estabrook said:

This forum is literally the company's website.  Why has nothing been requested here?  Is the Trello board the place to be to get the latest info?  

At a guess, the forums here are generally occupied by the support team, who collate and report up to the devs which is then published on Trello for tracking.  However, if they DO need information from us then you are completely correct, they should be feeding that back down here.

15 minutes ago, PrewBear said:

The concerning thing about the description in that link is that it only say steam and xbox one players. I use the xbox app on pc version and still having the same issue

I think because it's a Play Anywhere title, them asking for the xbox gamertag encompasses both the xbox itself as well as the PC xbox app varient.

35 minutes ago, PrewBear said:

The concerning thing about the description in that link is that it only say steam and xbox one players. I use the xbox app on pc version and still having the same issue

I play on Xbox One X and have not had this issue.  maybe they typo'd it?

Xbox One X

4 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I play on Xbox One X and have not had this issue.  maybe they typo'd it?

Im on Xbox Game Pass and have the issue.  I brought that up too why it says Steam/Xbox and not Game pass.

4 hours ago, gargflaps said:

Perhaps it's something only affecting older xboxes?  I'm rocking an OG day one and have this issue (though it also affects me when trying to load on PC).  I've seen a couple X owners now say they're fine but that's purely anecdotal.

oh no its also affecting PC.  Hopefully we will get a hot fix very soon or the latest something on Patch Friday :)

Possible Solution (XBOX)

I had this problem for about a week - couldnt load my save game.  On a recent update I saw that the save game file space was being increased and it made me wonder if my inability to load was due to my save game space being used.  When I clicked on continue, I realised that I had ALOT of saved games in the list.  I just went to the bottom of the list and started deleting them all, until about only five saved game files remained.  Tried continue and it loaded !!

Im back in the game and making sure I dont have alot of save game files.

I dont know if this IS the answer, but its the only thing I have done and since I can load games.

Good luck, and I hope this helps some other gamers who are stuck get back in

41 minutes ago, chromestorms said:

Some news this morning.

I started a new game and tested the saves both auto and manual. Both work fine. I really dont want to redo 130 hours of work so hopefully they patch our old saves back in but at least the game is playable.  

how many in game hours did you play cause it look like it was happening around 20 in game hours? so the first few new saves work for me then bam bad files again.