Cannot Load my saved Game

I play on XBox and have been playing daily for the last week, (congratulations on a very addictive game) had the expected minor bugs you would expect but today I can't load any of my saved games, I get to choose the saved game part then have the black loading screen for about 50 seconds then get kicked back to the XBox home screen.

I have tried all of the saved games but all do the same, I can start a new game and that works but really don't want to have to.

Edited by Beldin70
twitter link for video as file was too big

Same on PC, Just started doing this today.  I noticed that the saves with the "ghost" icon will not load and crash the game, however if i go all the way back to a much older save that does not have that icon next to it, it will load fine.  But that is losing hours of gameplay.

2020-09-05_14-49-35.png

Same here (I am a PC user. Steam on Win 10)

Started new world today. Hosted multiplayer game for another PC user, all fine. After the session logged back in and hosted for a second time, however no other players was present.

3rd time save did not load and the game closed/ crashed from a loading screen. I have manage to recreate issue twice hope it will help a lot.

STEPS to recreate issue for PC users:

• Host new game on a multiplayer.
  • Wait for another PC player joins the lobby.
  • Start the game on a MILD setting
  • Continue game play for for a few minutes to create auto-save file.
  • At the end of the session JOINED user super quits.
  • HOST user save game
  • HOST user quits to main menu (game will create another save)
  • Close game
  • Reopen the game and continue to HOST same game session (Please see difficulty setting in lobby)
  • Continue to play hosted game, but without anyone joining.
  • Save game
  • Quit to main menu.

At this point non of the save files will be working and it will crash while trying to load.

Please see difficulty setting on a saved file and compare with difficulty level in lobby. This could be related.

Hope this help to fix the problem.

Regards,

LiL Timmy

Hi @RazielDERF

already load all my saved game and reinstall the game too,
and all is same, after choose character and go to Loading page, game is force closed

But if choose New Game, all is normal

Please check this video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RoG6dEOJONxgkt2G2i8CzTCx7rEyENqN/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Inot Legolas

6 hours ago, Inot Legolas said:

Hi @RazielDERF

already load all my saved game and reinstall the game too,
and all is same, after choose character and go to Loading page, game is force closed

But if choose New Game, all is normal

Please check this video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RoG6dEOJONxgkt2G2i8CzTCx7rEyENqN/view?usp=sharing

I play on Xbox Game Pass PC. I understand there has been issues with the Steam client with this game. If Steam has a cloud game save sync option like Xbox you can attempt to desync the cloud saves and resync them. I know this has been an issue with some other games on Xbox where the game saves suddenly disappear although they aren't. 

What helped me fix this issue in the past was reinstalling the game. However since you already have done this with Steam I would say try and research your cloud saves on Steam unless the game saves are local. In which case contact Obsidian and send them your save file. 

Hopefully this helps you. 

I got the same issues.

i can not load a saved game, it will crash on me after i picked a charakter. 

I tried loading an old save file but nope chrashed again

i reinstalled the game but that didn´t help

tried everything but the game keeps crashing on me

Having the same issue as the folks above. I play on Win PC with Xbox Ultimate game pass. Whenever I try to load a saved game from the PC or the Xbox I crash to either the desktop on PC or the Xbox home menu on console. I can create a new game and play just fine but the second I try to load any type of saved game....The game crashes on PC and/or Console.

I have tried resyncs, reboots etc... Problem still persists.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:11 AM, Inot Legolas said:

Hi,

I have problem

I can't Load saved game,

after choose character and go to Loading page, game is force closed

please help

Yeah Im having the same problem. I hope they can fix it

Same issue here I'm afraid.  It seems to only effect saves post patch that have the little ghost icons on them to signify single or multiplayer games.  All other games just simply will not load for me.  I only have the five most recent and now none of them load.  I am simply not able to play now until this is fixed as I would rather not play than start again.

• Like 1

Same problem here. Only 1 save file works from about 8 hours ago before my last 2 party members join (could 4 players be the common issue). Ive tried everything under the sun and I cant get my recent saves tp load. Im on PC windows version. Untill this is fixed the game is completely unplayable 😞