Ant Hills still not fixed - LATEST Patch.

Sorry to say this guys and I know you’re likely working very hard,  but the main issue with the game for a lot of people right now is not a broken bed. The main issue is the Ant hills crashing the game, with hundreds of Soldier ants spawning. My game is still dropping to 1 frame every 45 seconds, thats if it doesn’t hard crash. My teammates also get booted when this happens. This is the worst state the game has been in since launching early access day one, and this bug is by worst so far (worse than the Larva overspawning!). I have played this game every day since day one.

When I saw there was an update, I was so happy, thinking “YESSSS they fixed the ant bug we can finally play properly”, but sadly this isn’t the case. 

We LOVE this game, and I understand early access means early access. But please, for the sake of my sanity, fix the Ant overpopulation bug. Pretty please. Lol

Thank you for all you do and for bringing this amazing game in to our lives.

p.s. I know people will say “go kill the ants”, I would love to but I can’t even get in to the ant hill let alone kill anything near it. One time I did get in I took this screenshot before it crashed, as you can see there are literally hundreds of soldier ants.

Platform: Xbox One X - GamePass, I am the host for our multiplayer games. Friends are on Xbox One S and Xbox One.

18912AB2-2BEF-4652-9F33-9480BC42081A.jpeg

works fine for me.  Try a new game, probably bugged from your save files still.

Ants are behaving and spawning like they did previous to the 8/26 patch.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

Xbox One X

I have the same problem with Ant Hill (and everything near/above it), the screen freezes every second and its painfull even to walk away from there. Starting a new game did fix it, though. Just not sure if this problem happens with old saves like mine or if it will happen eventually in the game as the days goes by (with more soldiers spawning every day, or something like that). I hope they fix it so I don't have to start it all over again.

Have same problem so many entities spawning in ant hil and staying cant get in ant hill without framerates dropping to a literal pause in game as if it was crashing but wouldnt have to sit and wait and then continue on also bugs spawning literally inside your base cant secure a base if they allowed to random spawn including in your base happens constantly especially with the stink bugs and yes i have traps set up all around base its lifted and fenced but they seem to spawn inside the fence and inside your base (like inside as if visiting) and traos dont affect them at all and this all on my xbox one

Edited by Trbletime
Add game system

Try creating a gas arrow or even 3-5 gas arrows. Use a gas mask and gas them all until they die off. Once you kill them you'll get plenty of any eggs to gather. Make sure to save game prior to exterminating them. Keep enough resources to keep yourself healed as well. 

17 hours ago, RazielDERF said:

Try creating a gas arrow or even 3-5 gas arrows. Use a gas mask and gas them all until they die off. Once you kill them you'll get plenty of any eggs to gather. Make sure to save game prior to exterminating them. Keep enough resources to keep yourself healed as well. 

Did not happen for me. I tried this yesterday, killed all ants in the ant hill and two dozen worker outside but when I checked, there wasn't a single egg. At some point, the hill was full of soldiers again but no eggs to be seen. 

41 minutes ago, Skjoldur said:

Did not happen for me. I tried this yesterday, killed all ants in the ant hill and two dozen worker outside but when I checked, there wasn't a single egg. At some point, the hill was full of soldiers again but no eggs to be seen. 

I'm pretty sure it takes about 3 in-game days or so to respawn. If you don't get em before they hatch then you gotta do it all over. I kept going down after 2 days until I found eggs.

3 hours ago, DeeKay86 said:

I still cant get in the ant hill due to major lag and soldier ants / game crashing. This is so messed up :(

Any chance you can move around out front of ant hill? If you can struggle through it and set some lure traps with 2 rows of spike traps. That will bring out alot. Then maybe you can inch your way into the chambers? I convinced the guy I'm playing on his server that if we kill them all it will stop the lag. He finally listened and believed me after we did it.

9 hours ago, Fletch Dude said:

I'm pretty sure it takes about 3 in-game days or so to respawn. If you don't get em before they hatch then you gotta do it all over. I kept going down after 2 days until I found eggs.

That's kinda stupid. There should be a minimum number of eggs present at all times. They just should not hatch if the maximum number of ants was reached.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When i wipe the hill of soldiers and kill some if the workers that are stuck the soldiers just respawn in the hill have stood inside waited and confirmed this this was all done on a patched save a fresh run of the game havent tried it yet but still have the swarming of workers in areas or on weevils or spoiled meats or aphids out in the game world still have to take thrm down with gas arrows also slows down framerate acting as if there is no multiplier limit on ants spawning all on xbox one x also

10 hours ago, Skjoldur said:

That's kinda stupid. There should be a minimum number of eggs present at all times. They just should not hatch if the maximum number of ants was reached.

Totally agree with you. Hopefully they'll fix it in the upcoming patches or updates. 

I get populations of Workers and Soldiers, yet no eggs...I find hordes of Workers, surrounding Spoiled Meat, Aphids, Weevils and at Lures; often cornering their opponents in tight places without capturing the Aphids or Weevils and then FPS goes to =1 ...no matter how many Worker and Soldiers I eliminate, I never get eggs to spawn. Since they are not within my playstyle, I have no need for Ant Eggs and their level of difficulty in obtaining to produce an 'explosive'.  I only go into the Ant Hill when I need Quartize....the most useful resource inside the Ant Hill...eggs are moot.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, DeeKay86 said:

Sorry to say this guys and I know you’re likely working very hard,  but the main issue with the game for a lot of people right now is not a broken bed. The main issue is the Ant hills crashing the game, with hundreds of Soldier ants spawning. My game is still dropping to 1 frame every 45 seconds, thats if it doesn’t hard crash. My teammates also get booted when this happens. This is the worst state the game has been in since launching early access day one, and this bug is by worst so far (worse than the Larva overspawning!). I have played this game every day since day one.

When I saw there was an update, I was so happy, thinking “YESSSS they fixed the ant bug we can finally play properly”, but sadly this isn’t the case. 

We LOVE this game, and I understand early access means early access. But please, for the sake of my sanity, fix the Ant overpopulation bug. Pretty please. Lol

p.s. I know people will say “go kill the ants”, I would love to but I can’t even get in to the ant hill let alone kill anything near it. One time I did get in I took this screenshot before it crashed, as you can see there are literally hundreds of soldier ants.

Platform: Xbox One X - GamePass, I am the host for our multiplayer games. Friends are on Xbox One S and Xbox One.

I found a workaround by having a friend help me kill every ant in the hill and then by the entrance we put lure and spike traps for population control.  Whenever there is ANY lag, we just go in and kill what we see, its alot easier after killing the first herd.  I mean there were at least 100 ants in there.

16 minutes ago, Rex P. said:

I get populations of Workers and Soldiers, yet no eggs...I find hordes of Workers, surrounding Spoiled Meat, Aphids, Weevils and at Lures; often cornering their opponents in tight places without capturing the Aphids or Weevils and then FPS goes to =1 ...no matter how many Worker and Soldiers I eliminate, I never get eggs to spawn. Since they are not within my playstyle, I have no need for Ant Eggs and their level of difficulty in obtaining to produce an 'explosive'.  I only go into the Ant Hill when I need Quartize....the most useful resource inside the Ant Hill...eggs are moot.

I have no problem finding eggs after figuring out that I killed every worker ant in the yard and at times they clump up over food and once theyre clear, go to sleep and head straight to the hill in the morning.  Yesterday I got 50 eggs.

On 9/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, DeeKay86 said:

Same for me xb1x

I've only just begun playing, so I don't know what it was like pre-patch.  But I was in the Western ant hill last night:  

There were about 50 worker ants all circling a single piece of spoiled food.  I waded through and picked it up and all of the workers began to disperse.  In one of the egg chambers there were 12 soldier ants, which was terrifying.  In other egg chambers there were only a pair of soldiers.  Later, on my way out there was another instance of dozens of workers swirling around a crumb of cookie sandwich.  Again, picking it up caused them to disperse and begin moving in and out of the hill.  I'm not sure where these food bits are originating from, but before moving into the hill I noticed a lack of ant activity outside.  I'm assuming they were all inside 'stuck' trying to figure out which of them would pick up the crumb.  

4 minutes ago, Todd Estabrook said:

I've only just begun playing, so I don't know what it was like pre-patch.  But I was in the Western ant hill last night:  

There were about 50 worker ants all circling a single piece of spoiled food.  I waded through and picked it up and all of the workers began to disperse.  In one of the egg chambers there were 12 soldier ants, which was terrifying.  In other egg chambers there were only a pair of soldiers.  Later, on my way out there was another instance of dozens of workers swirling around a crumb of cookie sandwich.  Again, picking it up caused them to disperse and begin moving in and out of the hill.  I'm not sure where these food bits are originating from, but before moving into the hill I noticed a lack of ant activity outside.  I'm assuming they were all inside 'stuck' trying to figure out which of them would pick up the crumb.  

I know that killing all the worker ants produces eggs and if you stick around you can see them pop out of those eggs or just pick them up. :)

Every time i go down into the nest there is at least 30 soldier ants all clumped together,i would try killing them but the game freezes then starts again so it's impossible to try and kill them.I have also tried the trap outside but that's not working either.

11 minutes ago, tecknotot said:

I know that killing all the worker ants produces eggs and if you stick around you can see them pop out of those eggs or just pick them up. :)

Curiously enough, there were eggs in each of the chambers.  3 in the chamber with the 12 soldiers, and 1 in each of the other chambers.  Good to know there is more to the eggs!  I'll have to wait around and watch.

(I picked up an egg and was immediately attacked.  Lesson learned.  Went back and was able to retrieve my backpack and that solitary egg for analysis.  Unfortunately, that game will not load anymore, so I'm just sort of spinning my wheels hoping for a hotfix soon.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Todd Estabrook said:

Curiously enough, there were eggs in each of the chambers.  3 in the chamber with the 12 soldiers, and 1 in each of the other chambers.  Good to know there is more to the eggs!  I'll have to wait around and watch.

(I picked up an egg and was immediately attacked.  Lesson learned.  Went back and was able to retrieve my backpack and that solitary egg for analysis.  Unfortunately, that game will not load anymore, so I'm just sort of spinning my wheels hoping for a hotfix soon.)

I pick and run really quick. Use aphid slippers. I managed to get 50 eggs yesterday 

Edited by tecknotot
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrRock said:

Every time i go down into the nest there is at least 30 soldier ants all clumped together,i would try killing them but the game freezes then starts again so it's impossible to try and kill them.I have also tried the trap outside but that's not working either.

Are you playing on PC or Xbox? 

vous n'avez pas de problèmes de sauvegardes ?? quand je veux demarrer ma dernière sauvegarde le jeux plante on est plus de 100 personnes à être bloqué ... faut-il tout recommencer? ou faut-il se faire rembourser ce jeux? franchement cela fait deux fois que je recommence que je construit des super base que je passe du temps dessus pour 30 euros je m'attendais à ce que le jeux fonctionne bien et c'est le cas sauf pour revenir sur nos sauvegardes où il plante .. Donc vous avez une solution? 

Edited by flo13000

1 hour ago, flo13000 said:

vous n'avez pas de problèmes de sauvegardes ?? quand je veux demarrer ma dernière sauvegarde le jeux plante on est plus de 100 personnes à être bloqué ... faut-il tout recommencer? ou faut-il se faire rembourser ce jeux? franchement cela fait deux fois que je recommence que je construit des super base que je passe du temps dessus pour 30 euros je m'attendais à ce que le jeux fonctionne bien et c'est le cas sauf pour revenir sur nos sauvegardes où il plante .. Donc vous avez une solution? 

You're not alone. It's been reported and acknowledged. Hopefully a fix for the save game crashes comes out tomorrow. 

Also the game is not out yet, it's still in early access so I wouldn't be complaining about spending $30.

Edited by tecknotot

On 9/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, DeeKay86 said:

Also, They did say in an interview an ant queen is coming so maybe in the future the queen will be laying eggs