Patch 0.2.1 has been Released

Hello everyone!

Today we released patch 0.2.1 for all players. Please update your game when you see that this update is available to receive the following fixes and changes:

TOP COMMUNITY ISSUES

• The chat log will now show your own messages in the lobby and in the game.
  • Ants will no longer be able to steal items from containers out of reach from them.
  • You can now overwrite saved games.
  • Save Games are grouped by playthrough in the Save / Load menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the camera would go inside the player while in the 3rd-person camera when near specific building structures.
  • Grub audio has been adjusted.

PERFORMANCE

• Better render performance when dealing with dynamic shadow culling.

MAJOR

• Added a message that will notify PC players when their system clock does not match the server clock. This issue prevented these players from hosting or joining games.
  • Save Games now show an icon indicating if that save was made while playing single-player or multiplayer. Affects only new saves going forward.
  • More accurate handling of cloud save upload/deletion for Xbox and Win 10 Store versions of the game.
  • Save Game max storage on Xbox / Win 10 has been increased from 256 MB to 1GB (takes effect on reinstall).
  • Fixed issue with saves triggered while having an unplaced building blueprint could cause the save not to be able to load.

GENERAL

• Included gas damage effect that was missing from the Fresh Defense mutation.
  • Fixed items that are moving around with physics at the time of save not being saved into save games.
  • Fixed clients not being able to see other players aim their bodies when they look up and down.
  • Added Acorn Shovel+ recipe and Pebblet Foundation recipes that will become available at BURG.L's Tech Chip Swap Shop when completing the Chipslueth Cold Blooded BURG.L quest by turning in the Stained BURG.L Chip.
  • Enlarged mint container and resized the mints to make them slightly smaller so players can get into the Ice Cap container more easily.
  • Collectible SCA.Bs properly disappear on clients when picked up.
  • Included a fix for the missing leaves throughout the world.
  • Slime Mold Stalk patches properly disappear on clients when the entire stalk is collected.

WILDLIFE

• Water Fleas no longer leave the water to fly around the backyard.

ITEMS/EQUIPMENT/RESOURCES

• Added a unique icon to the Simple Bed.
  • Gas Arrows can now be picked up as regular arrows after being shot.
  • Gas Arrows now deal twice as much damage.
  • Gas Arrow recipe now produces 2 arrows instead of 1.
  • Feather Arrow recipe now produces 2 arrows instead of 1.
  • Fixed an issue where players would respawn inside the Simple Bed instead of next to it.
  • Weapons now do the proper damage type when thrown.
  • Fixed Tropicop juice box not spawning juice drops from the straw.

UI

• Adjusted the interactable highlight to be less intrusive.
  • Fixed a certain key item showing an audio log model instead of a sheet of paper model.

Thank you for your reports and your continued support while we further develop the game! We are working to push out updates to enhance your gaming experience continually.

After the update, if you continue to experience any issues in the game, please first please visit our Grounded Community Trello Board to see if the issue you are encountering is listed and to find out the current status of the issue. You can also view our Known Issues List to see if your issue is known. If your issue is not listed on either the Trello board or in the Known Issues List, either email us directly at support@obsidian.net or fill out the Contact form located on our Support Site and include the following information:

1. Platform. (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
  2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game. (If multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if you know this)
  3. Description of issue.
  4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thank you again, and have fun out in the backyard!

• Like 2

• SChin pinned this topic

Sorry to say this guys and I know you’re likely working very hard,  but the main issue with the game for a lot of people right now is not a broken bed. The main issue is the Ant hills crashing the game, with hundreds of Soldier ants spawning. My game is still dropping to 1 frame every 45 seconds, thats if it doesn’t hard crash. My teammates also get booted when this happens. This is the worst state the game has been in since launching early access day one, and this bug is by worst so far (worse than the Larva overspawning!). I have played this game every day since day one.

When I saw there was an update, I was so happy, thinking “YESSSS they fixed the ant bug we can finally play properly”, but sadly this isn’t the case. 
We LOVE this game, and I understand early access means early access. But please, for the sake of my sanity, fix the Ant overpopulation bug. Pretty please. Lol

Thank you for all you do and for bringing this amazing game in to our lives.

p.s. I know people will say “go kill the ants”, I would love to but I can’t even get in to the ant hill let alone kill anything near it. One time I did get in I took this screenshot before it crashed, as you can see there are literally hundreds of soldier ants.

Platform: Xbox One X - GamePass, I am the host for our multiplayer games. Friends are on Xbox One S and Xbox One.

7580C884-63D4-4F1C-86B9-1E8AF8DE7AE9.jpeg

Edited by DeeKay86
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, DeeKay86 said:

Sorry to say this guys and I know you’re likely working very hard,  but the main issue with the game for a lot of people right now is not a broken bed. The main issue is the Ant hills crashing the game, with hundreds of Soldier ants spawning. My game is still dropping to 1 frame every 45 seconds, thats if it doesn’t hard crash. My teammates also get booted when this happens. This is the worst state the game has been in since launching early access day one, and this bug is by worst so far (worse than the Larva overspawning!). I have played this game every day since day one.

When I saw there was an update, I was so happy, thinking “YESSSS they fixed the ant bug we can finally play properly”, but sadly this isn’t the case. 
We LOVE this game, and I understand early access means early access. But please, for the sake of my sanity, fix the Ant overpopulation bug. Pretty please. Lol

p.s. I know people will say “go kill the ants”, I would love to but I can’t even get in to the ant hill let alone kill anything near it. One time I did get in I took this screenshot before it crashed, as you can see there are literally hundreds of soldier ants.

Platform: Xbox One X - GamePass, I am the host for our multiplayer games. Friends are on Xbox One S and Xbox One.

Ant spawns were fixed in my game after this patch, they're back to normal, so to speak, like they were before the 8/26 patch.  I didnt' get the massive spawn amounts like others though, but once again there's soldier ants showing up when you kill a worker.   This also fixed the ladybugs, they're numerous again, and the grub sound reduction is much better now.  

Try a new game and see if it's fixed then.  

• Like 1

Xbox One X

37 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Ant spawns were fixed in my game after this patch, they're back to normal, so to speak, like they were before the 8/26 patch.  I didnt' get the massive spawn amounts like others though, but once again there's soldier ants showing up when you kill a worker.   This also fixed the ladybugs, they're numerous again, and the grub sound reduction is much better now.  

Try a new game and see if it's fixed then.  

Cheers for the heads up. Soldier ants showing up when you kill a worker though - thats just going to escalate back in to the same issue isn’t it? 

I don’t think they have fixed it else they would have mentioned it on the patch notes 😔

1 minute ago, DeeKay86 said:

Cheers for the heads up. Soldier ants showing up when you kill a worker though - thats just going to escalate back in to the same issue isn’t it? 

between the 8/26 patch and today i didn't get any soldier ants out wandering and coming in when you killed a worker ant.  So that's either from starting a new game after todays patch or they changed something.  Maybe a different fix they applied affected this?  

no idea, i'm not a programmer, i'm just reporting what i see in my game now.

Xbox One X

4 hours ago, Shyla said:

Hello everyone!

Today we released patch 0.2.1 for all players. Please update your game when you see that this update is available to receive the following fixes and changes... 

Considering how low staffed you folks are I am astonished on how responsive and relevant your updates have been. I want to say thank you Obsidian for putting together and continuing to support this awesome game. 

You all are doing a hell of a job and should be recognized for it. 

Thank You Obsidian! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shyla said:

Hello everyone!

Today we released patch 0.2.1 for all players. Please update your game when you see that this update is available to receive the following fixes and changes:

Now our game is again desync'd between host and client (default grass growing through clay bases, chopping grass drops grass and leaves a ghost image.) ... the host has 0 issues, but every client does makes it completely unplayable for a group

I have sent save games to support without resolution or confirmation of the error.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RazielDERF said:

Considering how low staffed you folks are I am astonished on how responsive and relevant your updates have been. I want to say thank you Obsidian for putting together and continuing to support this awesome game. 

You all are doing a hell of a job and should be recognized for it. 

Thank You Obsidian! 

Very true, I second this!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Every fix and every little piece of content are appreciated, but there are a couple of game breaking issues that I would have expected you to be focused on. Like the almost unplayable multiplayer due to the disappearing / invisibility of items. My girlfriend has to rejoin at least every 5 minutes and sometimes even this does not help and I have to restart the hosted game.

Edited by Skjoldur

4 hours ago, Skjoldur said:

Every fix and every little piece of content are appreciated, but there are a couple of game breaking issues that I would have expected you to be focused on. Like the almost unplayable multiplayer due to the disappearing / invisibility of items. My girlfriend has to rejoin at least every 5 minutes and sometimes even this does not help and I have to restart the hosted game.

It's an annoying issue that's for sure. The objects are still interactive. If she can remember where things are/were it might help. It's a pain in the ass that's for sure. Hopefully they fix that soon.

I've been building an Entire Lilliput Village in the backyard .... 
at this point .... "Start a new Save Game" .... is about the same as telling me ... "Go find another Game to Play"

Also .... I'm still on the Original Save from the first time I loaded the game on Release Day
Game Day 577

so far ... my Save Loads ... and nothing has been added that has destroyed/changed any of my buildings ... 
benefits of building in odd places ... 

Edited by Gnith
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 11:33 AM, DeeKay86 said:

7580C884-63D4-4F1C-86B9-1E8AF8DE7AE9.jpeg

Man I'm right there with you.  Anything west of the machine and my game starts to lag so hard.  The ant hill is impossible to even get close to let alone in unless im walking at a crawling speed. But when I tried that it didn't like  me swinging my mallet and crashed my game. After that I wasn't able to load up any of my auto saves and my last 2 hard saves. ( would go from loading screen to Xbox main menu) had to load up a save that lost me 5 days of in game progress.  But hey. At least I was able to do that.

The massive ant overpopulation has made most of the map un playable for me.  I hope they get it fixed for us.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WingmanOfLife said:

Man I'm right there with you.  Anything west of the machine and my game starts to lag so hard.  The ant hill is impossible to even get close to let alone in unless im walking at a crawling speed. But when I tried that it didn't like  me swinging my mallet and crashed my game. After that I wasn't able to load up any of my auto saves and my last 2 hard saves. ( would go from loading screen to Xbox main menu) had to load up a save that lost me 5 days of in game progress.  But hey. At least I was able to do that.

The massive ant overpopulation has made most of the map un playable for me.  I hope they get it fixed for us.  

Ah hello fellow gamer who is also in pain due to this bug lol. Man it suuuuuucks I hope they fix it soon! Please nuke the Soldier ant population Obsidian!!! Lol

• Like 1

• SChin unpinned this topic