Jump to content

Increased Duration of Meat on Fire Before Turning Spoilt


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, K9ine said:

I feel as though cooked meat doesn't last long enough while on the fire. I'd like to see the time that it does last, lengthened. 

I too think it expires a little too quickly. Even if it meant the introduction of salt (for preserving the raw food) so you could take them out of salt storage and cook/eat when needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree. 

Meat in real life is only good for a few hours out in the open after cooking.  Depending which article you choose to believe it's either 2 or 4 hours before it reaches danger zone for bacteria growth.

We get a full day in game before it spoils. 24 hours before cooking and 24 hours after.  that's plenty.

Build the Jerky Rack,  jerky doesn't spoil.

                                                

Xbox One X

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I disagree. 

Meat in real life is only good for a few hours out in the open after cooking.  Depending which article you choose to believe it's either 2 or 4 hours before it reaches danger zone for bacteria growth.

We get a full day in game before it spoils. 24 hours before cooking and 24 hours after.  that's plenty.

Build the Jerky Rack,  jerky doesn't spoil.

No, I understand that, but I mean while it is on the fire, like if you had to just leave the meat there on the spit. It cant spoil with temperatures that high, it'll just keep cooking pretty much. If you think about a "hunters pot" and how that will remain on a fire for days and days with new food being added and cooked without it rotting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I disagree. 

Meat in real life is only good for a few hours out in the open after cooking.  Depending which article you choose to believe it's either 2 or 4 hours before it reaches danger zone for bacteria growth.

We get a full day in game before it spoils. 24 hours before cooking and 24 hours after.  that's plenty.

Build the Jerky Rack,  jerky doesn't spoil.

Is the jerky rack even a thing ingame? If so how do I go about discovering it

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, K9ine said:

No, I understand that, but I mean while it is on the fire, like if you had to just leave the meat there on the spit. It cant spoil with temperatures that high, it'll just keep cooking pretty much. If you think about a "hunters pot" and how that will remain on a fire for days and days with new food being added and cooked without it rotting. 

right so then you'd get burned inedible meat :)  hunters pot that's something i haven't heard in a while,  brings back memories.

54 minutes ago, K9ine said:

Is the jerky rack even a thing ingame? If so how do I go about discovering it

Yes it is.  I think it's bombardier parts you to have analyze to discover the blueprint.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

                                                

Xbox One X

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I disagree. 

Meat in real life is only good for a few hours out in the open after cooking.  Depending which article you choose to believe it's either 2 or 4 hours before it reaches danger zone for bacteria growth.

We get a full day in game before it spoils. 24 hours before cooking and 24 hours after.  that's plenty.

Build the Jerky Rack,  jerky doesn't spoil.

I don't think those times are true. I think I remember having gotten raw meat in the evening and it was rotten immediately after a couple hour sleep. Also during the day it rot faster and I had it even rot shortly after it finished cooking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the spoiled time is a little too short, but having the Jerky rack (though you have to progress a little and fight bombardier beetles) remove the issue for me.

before you get the rack, you’ll just have to rely on mushrooms. 1 farm is not enough, build 2. You shouldn’t have to worry About food At all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skjoldur said:

I don't think those times are true. I think I remember having gotten raw meat in the evening and it was rotten immediately after a couple hour sleep. Also during the day it rot faster and I had it even rot shortly after it finished cooking.

maybe it's 12 hours then.  either way that's plenty long for raw and cooked meat to be left out.

 

                                                

Xbox One X

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...