TSL Q&A questions

Hey guys. PMC has another scheduled interview with Obsidian/LucasArts regarding The Sith Lords. Fortunatly enough the staff over at PMC really doesn't have any logical questions to ask for our 2nd interview with Obsidian about TSL. So I guess that I'm going to have to come up with all 20 questions. I could do that if I wanted to but I decided that I'll let you all come up with 10 of those 20 questions.

I guess you people knows the rules. Just post as many questions as you want about TSL and out of all the entries I'll pull out the best 10 that I believe is reasonable enough to be placed into the interview. I could do this for the PMC forums but the people over there really hasn't followed TSL much and most of their questions would be those simple ones that we already know of like "Is Revan in this game?" or "How many planets are there?". You know, **** like that. So it would be best fitting if the official forums had a crack at this.

When the interview is posted up, and if a question that you submitted is in the interview, instead of having PMC or Tyrell as the person asking the question, it would have your forum name (The one you use here) as the person who asked the question. For the other 10 it would be my name though. :p

Again I'm taking the 10 best questions and you can submit as many as you want. It is possible that one person here could have like 5 of his/her questions picked for the Q&A. If they are good enough, I'll use them.

Well that is it, if you are interested then go ahead and start submitting. The deadline for questions is Friday cause that is the day I send them out.

Good Luck!!! :)

Ok, this is one of the more obvious questions but i'm gonna submit it anyway.

What are the stats for the new prestige classes?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

1) Will we be able to upgrade the Ebon Hawk? (i.e. upgrade weapons, sheilds, etc.)

2) Will there be some lightside offensive powers this time around?

3) Will non-party NPCs react differently to you when your DS than LS? (I think this has been answered though I forget the answer that was given).

3b) will non-party NPCs react differently to you depending on the way your dressed (i.e. if your in your underwear will they refuse to talk to you or if your in DS rodes will they run with fear)?

4) Saying there is LS/ DS artifacts in the game will they be able to be upgraded?

5) will there be another way of getting around on a planet other than running?

6) How many different type of robes will there be?

7) any Idea what the system spec will be yet for KOTOR II?

:blink: Will there be some speacial crystals be available at the time the game is released or will they have to be downloaded after like KOTOR?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

1) Will we be able to upgrade the Ebon Hawk? (i.e. upgrade weapons, sheilds, etc.)

2) Will there be some lightside offensive powers this time around?

3) Will non-party NPCs react differently to you when your DS than LS? (I think this has been answered though I forget the answer that was given).

3b) will non-party NPCs react differently to you depending on the way your dressed (i.e. if your in your underwear will they refuse to talk to you or if your in DS rodes will they run with fear)?

4) Saying there is LS/ DS artifacts in the game will they be able to be upgraded?

5) will there be another way of getting around on a planet other than running?

6) How many different type of robes will there be?

7) any Idea what the system spec will be yet for KOTOR II?

:blink: Will there be some speacial crystals be available at the time the game is released or will they have to be downloaded after like KOTOR?

If your going for all ten your a little short and yes question 3 has been answered. The answer was yes, i believe.

Oh yes and another question. Will you be able to taunt your opponent? post-1139-1093885152.gif

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If your going for all ten your a little short and yes question 3 has been answered. The answer was yes, i believe.

post-1139-1093885152.gif

ok thanks I couldn't find out where it was answered so I figured I would ask it.

I wasn't going for all ten intentionaly (sp?). I had posted these questions in the Q 2 the devs thread but they got burried under a decussion and probably never even got looked at so I figured it was worth a shot here.

Hey Tyrell thanks for letting us know about this.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

In a previous interview, someone mentioned that the master-apprentice relationship will be playing a big rule in the game. Then i heard that over the 9 party slots, you'll have a 10th, special slot. I read many guesses saying that this is your apprentices slot, so you'll have an apprentice and you can lead him/her on the way of the dark, or the light side. Nothing has confirmed yet but there were some foggy comments from devs like "What are you talking about?;)".

So will you be able to get an apprentice?

This may be a stupid question or something.

1:But will there be an expanded Universe within TSL?

-In Kotor you had all those weapons with a background to them. I was wondering if that was also in TSL.

2: Will there be equipment sets in the game for the PC to find?

-Someone else his idea, but I thought I post it here for him.

3:Will the Mandalorion future be explained in TSL in anyway? (Datapads, etc) Wether they are turning into mercs, or if the proud race is rebuilding?

And will it be possible to get equipment sets?

Someone else his idea, but I thought I post it here for him.

It was my idea. And thanks for posting it :)

Question: How will the transition from normal to prestige class affect the character?

For example if we were pure lightside and had the guardian's mastery bonus of +3 strength and then we changed class to Jedi Master (who are more focused on wisdom) would we keep the +3 strength? or would it change to +6 wisdom?

Thats okay....just thought I'd just match a name to the question.

Another question: What factors will determine how much respect your party-members have for you? The devs have talked about how they will follow you to the light/dark side and you can convert them if they like you enough. Can we have more elaboration on this, will charisma or persuade be involved?

Questions that probably won't get a definite answer:

1-Will we be able to actually join the Sith? Or will it be like in the first game where even if you are Darkside on Koriban, ultimately you're still their enemy?

2-Expansion disks. Does LucasArts have any intentions of ever releasing expansion packs for either KOTOR game? If no, why not? Most other games seem to have "add-ons" to their originals.

Questions that might be answered:

1-Feargus Urquhart mentioned suggesting/talking to LucasArts about a possible Knights of the New Republic game. My question is, what type of reaction did LA give? Were they interested? Or were they flat out against the possibility?

2-Are we, the fans, going to ever get a definite release date before the actual time of release? Or will it always remain the "some say december, some say february" type vague answer that's currently going around?

3-NPC AI. Will the NPC's (both your party and enemies) be smarter this time? Last game your party NPC would run off and trigger new enemies before you were ready to face them, or would run right through a mine while you were trying to disarm it. Will this be improved upon?

4-System requirements. Will the specs be similar to the first game, or will everyone who buys the PC version have to fork out more money for massive upgrades?

That's all I can think of right now.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"So will you be able to get an apprentice?"

I have heard a great many things about how in TSL you will be able to have an apprentice of your own,teach him/her the ways of the force...Lead him/her down the dark or light path...But according to my sources nothing has been made certain

My last question.

In TPM we saw Darth Maul use a double lightsaber, but it got caught in half.

Is it possible to get your lightsaber destroyed in TSL? Which results in for dual wield lightsaber players to fight with one at that time, and the ones with double blade to fight with two, or one.

Will gloves, hats and implants be upgardable and can they be broken down like mines and medkits?

I know you have your own personal lightsaber but at the time you become a true Jedi or Sith do you get something else that has your name stamped on it. Like Revan's Robes, or Revan's domination gloves or something of that sort?

So far(except for Canderous) I've only heard about the possibility of characters that can be with you if you're on the lightside. Can I at least get an approximate number of how many truly evil characters you'll be able to recruit?

I asked once about whether or not my personal character could be the one standing by the menu if he was a dark lord at the end of the game. Were you all able to implement that?

Please tell me that there is going to be at least one crystal that is stictly for dark side characters. Having one only for the lightside last time was completely unfair.

Will there be downloadable material for the PC?

How do you earn your lightsaber stances(you can be vague but please just give me something to "wet my appetite").

And finally can we get some more details on some of the new feats. I've heard a lot about the powers but very little about the new feats that are available.

Thanks a lot. Peace.

Hey Tyrell: Here's a couple off the top of my head -

• In KotOR (K1) redemption was the distinctive theme. Previously it was stated that in TSL (K2), the 'master-apprentice relationship' will be the underlying issue of significance. Can you expand on that?

• More often than not our individual translation of what is virtuous is not etched in black & white, but is in fact debatable. Therefore, will there be more instances where our interpretation of morality (such as the Sunry trial or Elise's droid), dictates the 'right thing to do'?

• There were a few instances in K1, where individual Sith came across as shallow and superficial. This time around, will the Sith be portrayed as a more of a multidimensional and purposeful group who require understanding? Subsequently, will it be easier build a rapport with them and empathize with their cause?

-Jag ;)

manthing2.jpg

"So will you be able to get an apprentice?"

I have heard a great many things about how in TSL you will be able to have an apprentice of your own,teach him/her the ways of the force...Lead him/her down the dark or light path...But according to my sources nothing has been made certain

And what are your sources, may i ask?

- is there any chance we will encounter any famous character from the EU, like Ulic Qel-droma, Nomi Sunrider, Exar Kun, Master Thon and so on?

- will we actually pilot the Ebon Hawk, in some kind of mini-game?

- will the player be alloweds to further customize his pc's appearance (as in nwn)?

- will non force using classes be enjoyable as force using are?

- will the player access any crafting skill?

- will the equipment upgrade system be enhanced and upgradable items increase in quantity and quality?

- being kotor:tsl a rpg, what about a 'rest' option? will the party be allowed to set up a campfire and take a nap to recover hp/fp?

I wouldn't think Exar Kun since his spirit is roaming a yavin temple somewhere.

And I would have to say that Nomi would be dead most likely since TSLs think there is only one left.

Surely they would want to be sure of Nomi's death.

Uliq is still possible and I would consider Vima Sunrider (Nomi's daughter) Would be most likely.

Coming to that...Vima was planned instead of Bastila in Kotor1.

- Does Vima Sunrider have any role whatsoever, in TSL?

I would have to say that it would be/have been great for continuity.