Hello, so I was wondering what a good dual pistol build multi class would look like. I’ve been looking online and on YouTube and found Sin Tee’s Gun Fu Monk Build. I watched it and found the play style to be what I was aiming for. However, that was done on a much older patch than 5.0, so I was wondering if that was still a good guide to follow. In addition, are there any guides on such builds?

Does it have to be pistols or would hand mortars or blunderbusses also work?

Pistol is often better when used with one-handed style + modal (in most cases). Since it only loses 3 ACC then bit is much faster than dual-wielded.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I can't say anything about those guides since I didn't watch/read them. I can only tell you that from my exprerience the most fun non-solo dual-wielding gunslinger builds are:

- Single Class Mortar Monk (Stunning Surge, Resonant Touch and Whispers of the Wind are awesome with dual mortars). Nalpasca or Helwalker.

- Streetfighter/Arcane Archer (Pull enemies together with three Binding Web + Pull of Eora imbue shots because each jump triggers one instance, then blast the crowded group with Crippling Strikes or whatever.

- Single Class Streetfighter (the goal is to unlock Vanishing Strikes and then use Gambit with Backstabs while standing in the midst of the enemies).

- Single Class Fury (goal is to get Avenging Storm - every hit of the mortars produces a lightning and also Blinding Smoke, the enchantment of the Hand Mortar, produces a lightning with every hit roll).

SC Monk and Streetfighter builds are fun from an early stage while the Fury needs a bit time - but can be used as normal nuker in between of course. Streetfighter needs to use the Powder Burns modal to unlock his passive which might leads to more misses in the early game. But he will get there... Monks can use Dance of Death for lots of ACC and a good stream of wounds. 

I'm sure other players have several different opinions about this (using Devoted or SC Ranger etc). But I guess most of them agree that SC Mortar Monk is a lot of fun to play.

I absolutely advise people to pick the noble voice set when going with mortars. With most crits this voice set will laugh and the laugh sounds a bit like Barry White which I found very entertaining (combine with Konstanten for a Barry White laughter duo). And mortars can crit a lot if you are targeting a lot of enemies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I can't say anything about those guides since I didn't watch/read them. I can only tell you that from my exprerience the most fun non-solo dual-wielding gunslinger builds are:

- Single Class Mortar Monk (Stunning Surge, Resonant Touch and Whispers of the Wind are awesome with dual mortars). Nalpasca or Helwalker.

- Streetfighter/Arcane Archer (Pull enemies together with three Binding Web + Pull of Eora imbue shots because each jump triggers one instance, then blast the crowded group with Crippling Strikes or whatever.

- Single Class Streetfighter (the goal is to unlock Vanishing Strikes and then use Gambit with Backstabs while standing in the midst of the enemies).

- Single Class Fury (goal is to get Avenging Storm - every hit of the mortars produces a lightning and also Blinding Smoke, the enchantment of the Hand Mortar, produces a lightning with every hit roll).

SC Monk and Streetfighter builds are fun from an early stage while the Fury needs a bit time - but can be used as normal nuker in between of course. Streetfighter needs to use the Powder Burns modal to unlock his passive which might leads to more misses in the early game. But he will get there... Monks can use Dance of Death for lots of ACC and a good stream of wounds. 

I'm sure other players have several different opinions about this (using Devoted or SC Ranger etc). But I guess most of them agree that SC Mortar Monk is a lot of fun to play.

I absolutely advise people to pick the noble voice set when going with mortars. With most crits this voice set will laugh and the laugh sounds a bit like Barry White which I found very entertaining (combine with Konstanten for a Barry White laughter duo). And mortars can crit a lot if you are targeting a lot of enemies. 

What would you say is the most powerful among these combinations (or non-combos)?

It's not so easy to answer what is best. It also depends on your level and your progress in the game. Some combos start really strong and become boring afterwards while others start slowly and take of at higher power levels.

If we look at the endgame then SC Mortar Monk. Because of the combination of Whispers of the Wind which will trigger three AoE explosions for each enemy it hits. All those AoEs will produce Resonant Touches which will end every normal enemy who has been caught in that storm of shrapnel (rel. big animated gifs behind the spoiler tags):

Hyleon_rocks.gif?dl=1

If you are wearing Heaven's Cacophony you can add some Avenging Storms (2 per rest) for great effect:

hyleon_shocks.gif?dl=1

Mid game is also good because of Stunning Surge (great with mortars) and Flagellant's Path (it uses the mortars AoE effects but skips the reload - but has its own recovery which is much faster).

But I think a Streetfigher or Streetfighter/Arcane Archer is maybe better in the early/mid game due to the frontloaded nature of both classes. In the late game a SC Streetfigher can pull off Vanishing Strikes + Gambit + Backstabs which is also an awesome combo, but it isn't as devastating as Whispers of the Wind (the vid is from an SC Assassin, but a SC Streetfighter would work nearly the same):

vanishin_strike_assassin.gif?dl=1

SC Fury is superfun after PL8, but before that it's not really a gunslinger so maybe it's not for you (have no vid).  

There's also SC Barbarian with Heart of Fury (works with mortars) and SC Ranger with Whirling Strikes (requires one melee weapon though) as well as SC Fighter with Clear the Path or Clean Sweep. They all become relaly good with mortars but they are not very fun to play until they reach higher Power Levels. It's material for hirelings mostly I would say - or for companions after a retraining session. By the way: Tekehu works also very well with mortars - no matter if Druid or Chanter - both his subclasses get access to Avenging Storm...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

If we look at the endgame then SC Mortar Monk. Because of the combination of Whispers of the Wind which will trigger three AoE explosions for each enemy it hits. All those AoEs will produce Resonant Touches which will end every normal enemy who has been caught in that storm of shrapnel (rel. big animated gifs behind the spoiler tags):

Reveal hidden contents

Hyleon_rocks.gif?dl=1

If you are wearing Heaven's Cacophony you can add some Avenging Storms (2 per rest) for great effect:

Reveal hidden contents

hyleon_shocks.gif?dl=1

Mid game is also good because of Stunning Surge (great with mortars) and Flagellant's Path (it uses the mortars AoE effects but skips the reload - but has its own recovery which is much faster).
But I think a Streetfigher or Streetfighter/Arcane Archer is maybe better in the early/mid game due to the frontloaded nature of both classes. In the late game a SC Streetfigher can pull off Vanishing Strikes + Gambit + Backstabs which is also an awesome combo, but it isn't as devastating as Whispers of the Wind (the vid is from an SC Assassin, but a SC Streetfighter would work nearly the same):

Reveal hidden contents

vanishin_strike_assassin.gif?dl=1

Okay, wow. This is a big help. Do you have a guide for any of these builds? I'm really curious now.

SC Mortar Monk is rel. straightforward: since you don't want top pick melee stuff a lot of abilites already fall aside.

I picked a Coastal Aumaua (but race doesn't matter much) and a Helwalker (because as ranged char you don't get attacked that much and the bonus MIG is neat). Nalpasca would have a more steady wound income but suffers from hostile Arcane Dampener (removes drug effects and sends him into a drug crash). Both are totally fine.  

Stats should focus on MIG, PER, DEX and especially INT since you want the AoE of the mortars to be as large as possible. 

I personally then like to wear Aloth's leather armor (because it gives you bonus AoE size), the Ring of the Marksman and a Ring of Overseeing (same, stacks) and INT gear like Heaven's Cacophony (+2 INT and the sweet Avenging Storm 2/rest). Ajamuut's Stalking Cloak causes stun from WotW (because invisible). Used the Charm of Bones for another +2 INT or Stone of Power (for more Power Levels - if you have two you can stack them in the stash after each fight which resets the per-rest charge). Mortification Bindings for the hands - Gountles of Greater Reliability are also ver nice. Bounding Boots can be cheesed: if you cancel the ability while your guy's still in the air but the green circle is already at the target location then the char will land there but no per-rest use is substracted. Later Rhakan Field Boots are best. I used the Upright Captain's Belt for some concentration because hte worst thing is getting interrupted while casting Wispers of the Wind. My favorite pet was Loki (another 15% AoE size) but pets like Harley or Cutthroat Cosmo are also nice.

Recommended abilities:
Swift Strikes, Dance of Death, Mortification of the Soul, Two Weapon Style, Long Stride, Lightning Strikes, Stunning Blow, Duality of Mortal Presence (use INT), Thunderous Blows, Enduring Dance, The Long Pain (good alternative against tough single foes where mortars don't shine, also good backup weapon for enemies who are vulnerable to crush damage), Stunning Surge, NOT Turning Wheel (doesn't work with ranged weapons unless you install the Community Patch mod), Flagellant's Path, Resonant Touch, Razor's Edge, Whispers of the Wind, Prestige - rest as you like (if there's any rest, didn't 100% corss-check witgh available ability points).

One important thing is to squeeze as many foes as possible in a tight space. You can do that with a tank (so that enemies gather aound her/him) or use a chokepoint - or you lure them with sparkcrackers or a spall like Arkemy's Dazzling Lights from stealth or you use Binding Web + Pull of Eora - whatever works. This will make sure your monk can hit as many enemies as possible with one (or two) shot. If enemies are spread out it's better to either switch to a normal blunderbuss (works well with Resonant Touch, too) or use the Long Pain (it's very strong against single targets).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

SC Mortar Monk is rel. straightforward: since you don't want top pick melee stuff a lot of abilites already fall aside.

I picked a Coastal Aumaua (but race doesn't matter much) and a Helwalker (because as ranged char you don't get attacked that much and the bonus MIG is neat). Nalpasca would have a more steady wound income but suffers from hostile Arcane Dampener (removes drug effects and sends him into a drug crash). Both are totally fine.  

Stats should focus on MIG, PER, DEX and especially INT since you want the AoE of the mortars to be as large as possible. 

I personally then like to wear Aloth's leather armor (because it gives you bonus AoE size), the Ring of the Marksman and a Ring of Overseeing (same, stacks) and INT gear like Heaven's Cacophony (+2 INT and the sweet Avenging Storm 2/rest). Ajamuut's Stalking Cloak causes stun from WotW (because invisible). Used the Charm of Bones for another +2 INT or Stone of Power (for more Power Levels - if you have two you can stack them in the stash after each fight which resets the per-rest charge). Mortification Bindings for the hands - Gountles of Greater Reliability are also ver nice. Bounding Boots can be cheesed: if you cancel the ability while your guy's still in the air but the green circle is already at the target location then the char will land there but no per-rest use is substracted. Later Rhakan Field Boots are best. I used the Upright Captain's Belt for some concentration because hte worst thing is getting interrupted while casting Wispers of the Wind. My favorite pet was Loki (another 15% AoE size) but pets like Harley or Cutthroat Cosmo are also nice.

Recommended abilities:
Swift Strikes, Dance of Death, Mortification of the Soul, Two Weapon Style, Long Stride, Lightning Strikes, Stunning Blow, Duality of Mortal Presence (use INT), Thunderous Blows, Enduring Dance, The Long Pain (good alternative against tough single foes where mortars don't shine, also good backup weapon for enemies who are vulnerable to crush damage), Stunning Surge, NOT Turning Wheel (doesn't work with ranged weapons unless you install the Community Patch mod), Flagellant's Path, Resonant Touch, Razor's Edge, Whispers of the Wind, Prestige - rest as you like (if there's any rest, didn't 100% corss-check witgh available ability points).

One important thing is to squeeze as many foes as possible in a tight space. You can do that with a tank (so that enemies gather aound her/him) or use a chokepoint - or you lure them with sparkcrackers or a spall like Arkemy's Dazzling Lights from stealth or you use Binding Web + Pull of Eora - whatever works. This will make sure your monk can hit as many enemies as possible with one (or two) shot. If enemies are spread out it's better to either switch to a normal blunderbuss (works well with Resonant Touch, too) or use the Long Pain (it's very strong against single targets).

This is a big help. One more question: I’m enjoy min-maxing so how would you go about it on this build? 

Min CON and RES, max DEX, PER and INT and rest to MIG. 

However, this will make your character quite prone to getting one-shotted by arquebus and arbalest shots in situations where you can't control the initiation of combat (e.g. boarding fights). Especially in case of running with Helwalker. For those cases a large shield (+modal!) is very useful. You can then easily withstand a few gunshots or AoE spells at the beginning of a fight and then switch to dual guns again. 

Also the amulet "Precognition" is very useful.

You also need to initiate combat with tanks/frontliners first and keep the Monk in stealth until most enemies settled on one of your tanks to attack.

Once you get Stunning Surge this becomes less of an issue because you can stunlock so many enemies at once for a long time. 

On 9/4/2020 at 5:44 AM, Boeroer said:

Min CON and RES, max DEX, PER and INT and rest to MIG. 

However, this will make your character quite prone to getting one-shotted by arquebus and arbalest shots in situations where you can't control the initiation of combat (e.g. boarding fights). Especially in case of running with Helwalker. For those cases a large shield (+modal!) is very useful. You can then easily withstand a few gunshots or AoE spells at the beginning of a fight and then switch to dual guns again. 

Also the amulet "Precognition" is very useful.

You also need to initiate combat with tanks/frontliners first and keep the Monk in stealth until most enemies settled on one of your tanks to attack.

Once you get Stunning Surge this becomes less of an issue because you can stunlock so many enemies at once for a long time. 

Thank you so much. I'm going to get to building.

I chose a Pale Elf Helwalker with Old Valiia so my stats are 15/3/19/19/19/3. I hope that's how I can maximize my damage with the mortars or is MIG more important in this case?

Spoiler

Also which sacrifice is the best in POE 1 for this build?

Edited by RascalPink

12 hours ago, Ranger_1711 said:

what are some good gun builds not involving mortar? (i dont want to build these ugly guns :( )

You'd only have to fire them, not build them. ;)

Debonaire/Beguiler with single handed pistol (+modal) is not bad. Scordeo's Trophy with Opening Barrage and Critial Shot, Eccea's Arcane Blaster for backup. Charm enemies and get 100% crit conversion against them (also for Disintegrate). If you shoot charmed enemies you won't get focus, but the crit dmg from Scordeo's is usually very nice. It's also very nice to later use Ringleader ad shoot some of the charmed enemies while the dominated one attacks them afterwards.   

Rogue/Sharpshooter with Red Hand.

Assassin/Bleak Walker with Dragon's Dowry, Ring of Focused Flames and Ring of the Marksman.

Ascendant or Ascendant/Helwalker with Kitchen Stove's (Thunderous Report). Usually instant ascension after Thunderous Report. Shared Nightmare also embiggens the cone of Thunderous Report - as does Healker's Duality of Mortal Presence (INT)

Bloodmage/Bleak Walker with Blightheart. Eternal Devotion and the Blightheart corrosion lash not only stack on gunshopts but also on spells which is awesome. All buffs includng heals can be prolonged (endlessly as long as enemies are there) via Wall of Draining. 

Bloodmage/Black Jacket with 4 weapon sets full of blunderbusses. Cast Combusting Wounds and then unload all blunderbusses on enemies.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, RascalPink said:

Thank you so much. I'm going to get to building.

I chose a Pale Elf Helwalker with Old Valiia so my stats are 15/3/19/19/19/3. I hope that's how I can maximize my damage with the mortars or is MIG more important in this case?

You'll get up tp +10 MIG from Helwalker. 15 is absolutely fine. MIG gives you "only" an additive dmg bonus while for example the higher attack/reload speed from DEX is a multiplicative one (for most attacks). And you want PER as high as possible because of Stunning Surge (crits do refund the ability cost which is important). Also very high PER on an MC is good because most companions don't have it that high - and one in the party needs high PER for finding all traps and secrets (unlike PoE where you needed high mechanics).

14 hours ago, RascalPink said:

Also which sacrifice is the best in POE 1 for this build?

I would say Devil of Caroc, Hiravias or Kana (not Aloth unless you don't want his armor, then Aloth is fine, too).

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

You'll get up tp +10 MIG from Helwalker. 15 is absolutely fine. MIG gives you "only" an additive dmg bonus while for example the higher attack/reload speed from DEX is a multiplicative one (for most attacks). And you want PER as high as possible because of Stunning Surge (crits do refund the ability cost which is important). Also very high PER on an MC is good because most companions don't have it that high - and one in the party needs high PER for finding all traps and secrets (unlike PoE where you needed high mechanics).

I would say Devil of Caroc, Hiravias or Kana (not Aloth unless you don't want his armor, then Aloth is fine, too).

Oh so to min/max, i should take The White that Wends instead for the extra PER point?

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend maxing MIG instead of DEX. While the monk can have +15MIG on paper, it rarely happens in practice. WotW has very high cost which can become unsustainable if you also have to use Thunderous Blows on top. Also if you want to be able to spam WotW at high level you can't use 2 mortars anymore. Also you should keep in mind that mortars have low base dmg and are more suitable for CC than damage (Avenging Storm can't be used very often). If you want to keep your dual mortars until the end of the game a monk/rogue is more suitable because you can apply multiple bleeds/debuffs in an AoE with the mortars.

I played a dual mortar monk from start to finish on PotD in a party - as well as a mortar Shadowdancer and a SC Rogue. Dual mortar is no problem with WotW. Enduring Dance is enough to be able to trigger WotW with very little downtime. If you feel the pause is too long just use Mortification otS. In a party it's usually no problem to have a few secs of downtime. The good thing about dual mortars is that you can apply Blinding Smoke (which is ridiculous in combination with Avenging Storm since every cone attack of BS triggers a lightning on every enemy it hits - and remember that every enemoy in the mortar AoE can trigger a Blinding Smoke come - even though it doesn't cause damage itself) while the jump from Fire in the Hole's Chain Shot usually doubles the stacks of Resonant Touch that you apply with it. Most important for a dual mortar Monk is INT, not MIG. And DEX is a lot more valuable on a mortar monk for me personally. Stuff like WotW and Flagellanth's Path still have noticable recovery, even in lightish armor. And I want to keep enemies stunned as long as possible. MIG doesn't help there. 15 is def. enough. +15% addtive dmg don't make a lot of difference for me. 
Even with slight underpenetration and lowish base damage (which is somewhat countered by the dual damage of mortars which often prevents underpenetration in the first place) you are always applying a ton of Resonant Touches as long as you make sure that the enemies are not scattered all over the place but stand near each other.

Monk/Rogue I found to be inferior after the mid game - as mortar user at least. Applying Sneak Attack, afflictions and DoTs in an AoE is really nice, but it can't hold up against Resonant Touch + WotW. If Avenging Storm gets added the Monk has the huge advantage of the AoE*AoE mechanic of WotW. One would think that the mid game is more fun than SC Monk. But is was not. I guess because Stunning Surge of the Monk is so good with mortars in the mid game (remember that you get that a lot earlier as SC than as MC) that most stuff the Rogue can do feels a bit inferior. Hard CC so early in the game with a very likely refund (hitting multiple enemies with 3 AoEs per use is very, very likely to crit at least once) is very good. A great thing though with a Shadowdancer is that Blinding Smoke immediately unlocks Deathblows. Still not as good as WotW + RT but nice high level stuff.  

SC Rogue (doesn't matter that much if Streetfighter or Assassin, both work fine at the highest levels) was nearly as impactful and fun in the late game with Vanishing Strikes - because you can trigger Backstabs on all surrounding enemies all the time (because the invisibility doesn't break) - but during midgame I found it a bit unfun (obvidously Streetfighter is way better here than Assassin).

The biggest advantage of a Monk over a Rogue is the replenishable Wound system over the limited Guile. The way bigger AoE is also a big plus with mortars.

When it comes to a gun build that was most entertaining/fun one during my time with Deadfire, nothing comes close to SC dual mortar monk. At least for me.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 12:30 PM, Boeroer said:

You'd only have to fire them, not build them. ;)

Debonaire/Beguiler with single handed pistol (+modal) is not bad. Scordeo's Trophy with Opening Barrage and Critial Shot, Eccea's Arcane Blaster for backup. Charm enemies and get 100% crit conversion against them (also for Disintegrate). If you shoot charmed enemies you won't get focus, but the crit dmg from Scordeo's is usually very nice. It's also very nice to later use Ringleader ad shoot some of the charmed enemies while the dominated one attacks them afterwards.   

Rogue/Sharpshooter with Red Hand.

Assassin/Bleak Walker with Dragon's Dowry, Ring of Focused Flames and Ring of the Marksman.

Ascendant or Ascendant/Helwalker with Kitchen Stove's (Thunderous Report). Usually instant ascension after Thunderous Report. Shared Nightmare also embiggens the cone of Thunderous Report - as does Healker's Duality of Mortal Presence (INT)

Bloodmage/Bleak Walker with Blightheart. Eternal Devotion and the Blightheart corrosion lash not only stack on gunshopts but also on spells which is awesome. All buffs includng heals can be prolonged (endlessly as long as enemies are there) via Wall of Draining. 

Bloodmage/Black Jacket with 4 weapon sets full of blunderbusses. Cast Combusting Wounds and then unload all blunderbusses on enemies.

Besides upping acc, what abilities/ talents would be good for the rogue/ sharpshooter? I tried the commander Shepard, but kept going against the favored dispositions. I play non solo and just on classic. Also what would other good combinations with a ranger for guns?

Edited by Nwerp
Had a question to add

All abilites that make sense for a ranged gun user. :)

So besides the universal ones (that work with ranged or melee attacks) like Crippling Strike, Deep Wounds etc. stuff like Marksman, Gunner, Driving Flight and so on. I also like to have Escape AND Evasive Roll to be able to reposition a lot. Gun users can cancel reload and immediately use Escape or Evasive Roll to move away from enemies or in order to get into a better shooting position. 

I personally would also pick Smoke Veil because you can use it to instantly remove yourself from the interest of enemies. Unlike Escape/Evasive Roll where enemies still keep you as current target and might want to follow you (which can be annoying at times) Smoke Veil let's them pick a new target. That leaves you enough time to reposition and run away or to reload in safety. Usually a double barrage from the Red Hand is enough to end most single enemies who rushed you. Unlike Shadowing Beyond which breaks from DoTs like Deep Wounds Smoke Veil does not. So it's safe to use with Deep Wounds, Arterial Strike, Gouging Strike and/or Toxic Strike. SV is also cheaper and comes earlier.

By the way: the Double Tap enchantment of the Red Hand will destroy two vessels if you use it with Driving Flight (and the second vessel gets hit twice by the jumps as well). I would always pick that one. But Arterial Strike + Knockback (although the weaker enchantment) is fun as well  and contrary to Double Tap works against all enemies (that are not immune to push effects). Combine with Boots of Speed, Escape and Evasive Roll to let enemies bleed out. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

All abilites that make sense for a ranged gun user. :)

So besides the universal ones (that work with ranged or melee attacks) like Crippling Strike, Deep Wounds etc. stuff like Marksman, Gunner, Driving Flight and so on. I also like to have Escape AND Evasive Roll to be able to reposition a lot. Gun users can cancel reload and immediately use Escape or Evasive Roll to move away from enemies or in order to get into a better shooting position. 

I personally would also pick Smoke Veil because you can use it to instantly remove yourself from the interest of enemies. Unlike Escape/Evasive Roll where enemies still keep you as current target and might want to follow you (which can be annoying at times) Smoke Veil let's them pick a new target. That leaves you enough time to reposition and run away or to reload in safety. Usually a double barrage from the Red Hand is enough to end most single enemies who rushed you. Unlike Shadowing Beyond which breaks from DoTs like Deep Wounds Smoke Veil does not. So it's safe to use with Deep Wounds, Arterial Strike, Gouging Strike and/or Toxic Strike. SV is also cheaper and comes earlier.

By the way: the Double Tap enchantment of the Red Hand will destroy two vessels if you use it with Driving Flight (and the second vessel gets hit twice by the jumps as well). I would always pick that one. But Arterial Strike + Knockback (although the weaker enchantment) is fun as well  and contrary to Double Tap works against all enemies (that are not immune to push effects). Combine with Boots of Speed, Escape and Evasive Roll to let enemies bleed out. 

Thank you! Now for this type of build would it be better to focus on INT  for the longer duration for effects or MIG for the damage?

You don't need that much INT as with mortars because you are only attacking single targets (no AoE). I wouldn't drop it too low (you don't want the afflictions you cause to be over too quickly) but you certainly don't need it to be very high either. 

High MIG is nice with guns. It's not the top priority attribute to raise (go for DEX and PER first) but it certainly doesn't hurt to have it high(ish).

If you have no problems with class cannon builds you can drop RES and CON to 3 and put max on DEX, PER and MIG and the rest on INT. You will get down quickly if you get attacked but you can prevent that with Escape/Evasion/Smoke Veil which is part of the fun (for me at least). If you don't like that then don't drop RES and CON all the way. 

By the way: two items that you might want to have besides the Red Hand are the Sharpshooter's Garb from Maia and Acina's Tricorn. 

• Thanks 1