I know you can manually sort your inventory, one item at a time, but I'd find it FAR more useful to just have an "auto sort" option. Of all the fun things I could be spending my time doing in the game, painstakingly sorting my inventory one item at a time isn't one of them. 

• Like 2

I second this feedback hard. I often find myself scrambling through my inventory to find the item I want because there’s no logical order. Being able to swap between the order they were picked up and a sorted arrangement (my pref would be clothing/tools/consumables/craft materials in that order).

Now that they've upgraded the item icons so they're easier to tell apart, i don't see a need for sorting.  Maybe they could do it simple like alphabetical a-z and z-a options.  keep it simple if they do this, opening it up to custom would probably be quite a task and hassle, especially since most of us probably have our own organization method.

Xbox One X

18 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

custom would probably be quite a task and hassle, especially since most of us probably have our own organization method.

I personally have my canteens first (for easy selection/gathering drops) and then armour, weapons and then food. I would hate having my inventory sorted based on A-Z or what other people prefer. 

The customisable option could be difficult (unless we can lock in some sort of order during inventory management) but it’s the only way I can see this actually being something everyone could find useful/helpful. 

6 hours ago, Daedro said:

I personally have my canteens first (for easy selection/gathering drops) and then armour, weapons and then food. I would hate having my inventory sorted based on A-Z or what other people prefer. 

i also have my own method,  i have a chest (or 3) for common bug stuff that i collect a lot of, like fuzz, web, etc.  then a couple chests for bug parts, ants and larvae, another for spiders, bombardiers and ladybugs.  Then i have a food chest, and then an armor and weapon/tool chest, and finally a few crafting chests, fibers, sap, etc.

My sorting is by chest,  i don't sort in each chest, easy enough to look at the icons in the chest and find what you want now that they've upgraded those.

Sorting A-Z or Z-A wouldn't make a difference for me, but it would be a simple fix for this.  

Customized sorting would be a huge task,  personally, i'd rather they left it as-is.  let us organize on our own now that we can move whole stacks.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget

Xbox One X

• 2 years later...

I know this post is old but it is still relevant nobody cares if you have your own Sorting method use it then all we're asking for is a button for Auto-sorting similar things together like tools / food / ingredients and to be placed next to each other automatically with a button you don't have to use it but it would be nice for everyone if there was an option for those of us who do.  

I had really hoped this would make it into the 1.0 update. All I want is to have the same items in chests next to each other so that you can quickly tell how much you have of things at a glance, also when you upgrade stack sizes I want to be able to just sort my chests so that they instantly have the most efficient use of space, the way the game handles this now is terrible and just a dark spot on an otherwise amazing game.