Bring back the castle rampart walls

Before the latest patch, walls used to stick up a little bit above the floor, giving it the look of some castle ramparts. Since the patch, the walls now end at the level of the floor pieces. While I think that is helpful in many cases, I really liked the way the walls stuck out above the floor, making it look like castle walls. 

I think it would be awesome to allow some way to still be able to do this, and thus make your base continue to look like a castle. 

When we built our base, that's what we were going for and we thought it looked awesome. We posted buckets with bows and arrows all along the walls and turrets so we could defend against potential attacks. Unfortunately it no longer looks that way. 

1134460328_GroundedRampartWalls.thumb.jpg.ebfea53ce30a13c0c5ee25ef1aba529f.jpg

I thought it was unintentional.  When the preview was released, those castle walls made it hard to put roofs on and some were complaining about how to make the walls straight.   Maybe they can add another wall that looks like castle walls.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:31 AM, tecknotot said:

I thought it was unintentional.  When the preview was released, those castle walls made it hard to put roofs on and some were complaining about how to make the walls straight.   Maybe they can add another wall that looks like castle walls.

I think you're right. I think it was causing some issues. I personally really liked the look of it though, so I'd love the option to create a "railing" that looks just like that in order to create the castle look. 

not sure what i'm missing.  my plank walls still do this. and i find it annoying, like @tecknotot said they're a pain to roof and if you want to use plank walls around your foundation then they stick up like that and are ugly, or if you sink them in so they don't stick up, then you get those gaps,  again being ugly.

I'd like to see the plank walls squared off, and then a new option created to build your rampart looking walls on top of those if you want.  It would make building easier and appealing to the eye when using plank walls.

Edit- on that thought, we could then get clay ramparts, and stem ramparts, and whatever other building materials we get as ramparts in the future.

Edited by McSquirl Nugget
added thoughts
  • Like 2

Xbox One X

2 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

not sure what i'm missing.  my plank walls still do this. and i find it annoying, like @tecknotot said they're a pain to roof and if you want to use plank walls around your foundation then they stick up like that and are ugly, or if you sink them in so they don't stick up, then you get those gaps,  again being ugly.

I'd like to see the plank walls squared off, and then a new option created to build your rampart looking walls on top of those if you want.  It would make building easier and appealing to the eye when using plank walls.

Edit- on that thought, we could then get clay ramparts, and stem ramparts, and whatever other building materials we get as ramparts in the future.

If I put clay foundation down the walls become straight on top.  They only look like castle walls if its on ground or uneven surfaces.

16 hours ago, tecknotot said:

If I put clay foundation down the walls become straight on top.  They only look like castle walls if its on ground or uneven surfaces.

good to know  i hadn't done much with clay yet. i have a few that look like pillars mixed in with the scaffolding.  Maybe i'll yank the scaffolding and switch to clay.  that should give me something to do for a few hours this weekend :) 

Xbox One X