I would like to see a system where the player can assign certain items/tools to be "quick crafted". Right now the D-Pad  buttons are being used for other things, but I'd love to see a (hold) option for this system.

Examples: 

• Imagine being in a dark environment and, instead of having to fumble around in menus, you just held the Up D-Pad button and it automatically crafted and equipped a torch. 
  • Get jumped by a spider and not have a weapon equipped? Hold down the Left D-Pad and you've quick crafted a spear and equipped it right away. 
  • Axe just broke? Quick craft another one by holding down Right on the D-Pad. 

This would obviously need a fair amount of work to put in, but the less time people are fumbling in menus, the more they are playing/enjoying the game.

PS: Also you'd have to decide if activating this would craft a new tool or just equip  one already in your inventory. I'd weigh in and say it could be dynamic. If you have a tool that's not broken, equip it. If there's a broken one in your inventory, make a new one. Thanks for your time! 

• Like 1

There is an icon in the menu noting certain things that are Hot Craftable.
I don't know how to do that, or if it's something intended that's not completed and implemented yet ... 

But this could definitely be linked to the HotBar ...
So that when you toggle that bar option
if the item is there ~ equip it,
if not ~ craft then equip it,
if broken ~ repair then equip it 

Also I definitely like the HOLD option for secondary response. So that if you just tap it, it will ONLY Equip (or try to), and won't Craft/Repair unless you HOLD.

1 hour ago, Gnith said:

There is an icon in the menu noting certain things that are Hot Craftable.
I don't know how to do that, or if it's something intended that's not completed and implemented yet ... 

i think that means you can craft them on the fly without the workbench.  guess it could mean this thread idea is coming :)

1 hour ago, Gnith said:

But this could definitely be linked to the HotBar ...
So that when you toggle that bar option
if the item is there ~ equip it,
if not ~ craft then equip it,
if broken ~ repair then equip it 

got my vote for this.

1 hour ago, Gnith said:

Also I definitely like the HOLD option for secondary response. So that if you just tap it, it will ONLY Equip (or try to), and won't Craft/Repair unless you HOLD.

i think it should go kinda like you stated above.  tap to equip, if there but broken repair, if not there craft.  Guessing that would be easier to implement.

Xbox One X