Built item/structure relocation

Please let us relocate built items and structures. I continue to alter and grow my base and that forces me to constantly "recycle" chests, grass plank pallets, etc. I feel like being able to move items would solve issues like accidentally recycling portions of structure you didn't want to get rid of and avoiding potential crashes. I've had several game crashes that seem to be triggered by the recycle mechanic. 

Large structures should still be force recycled because moving an entire section of wall is unrealistic, but moving a chest of items or a table or cooking spit would be a wonderful quality of life improvement.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Traumer89 said:

Please let us relocate built items and structures. I continue to alter and grow my base and that forces me to constantly "recycle" chests, grass plank pallets, etc. I feel like being able to move items would solve issues like accidentally recycling portions of structure you didn't want to get rid of and avoiding potential crashes. I've had several game crashes that seem to be triggered by the recycle mechanic. 

Large structures should still be force recycled because moving an entire section of wall is unrealistic, but moving a chest of items or a table or cooking spit would be a wonderful quality of life improvement.

agreed.  there's posts for this already.

I'd personally like to see all of the food prep, decoration, and utility items able to be moved.  some would need to be emptied first, like the water container.  maybe reduce the weight in the chests first, like remove half to move, I don't think it would be feasible to move a full chest.

on that thought my idea for a sled/travois would come in handy, or a tier 2 upgrade of that into a cart.  :)

Building items should never be able to be moved.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

6 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

maybe reduce the weight in the chests first, like remove half to move, I don't think it would be feasible to move a full chest.

on that thought my idea for a sled/travois would come in handy, or a tier 2 upgrade of that into a cart.  :)

You could always just have weed stems that act like roll logs..just like Egyptians used to move stone. You could craft a roll log platform that goes into inventory. If you have it equipped then you could move the heavier items such as full chests or water containers. Could even have its own animation where you see them rolling. 

1 hour ago, Daedro said:

You could always just have weed stems that act like roll logs..just like Egyptians used to move stone. You could craft a roll log platform that goes into inventory. If you have it equipped then you could move the heavier items such as full chests or water containers. Could even have its own animation where you see them rolling. 

That's an idea, I'd rather have a sled though then you could add wheels to make it a pull cart

Xbox One X

On 8/31/2020 at 1:10 PM, Traumer89 said:

I believe I even made a repost/post about this and even added the ability to just upgrade our walls, doors, roofs and what not instead of being forced to tear them down and build anew.