Eggs respawn fiexd?

I found the same (pick below).  It is just a maker for where the ant eggs spawn.  I went back later and there were other eggs in that area that could be looted.  But beware, even with full ant armor, you pick up an egg and the ants around WILL attack you.686575269_Antegg.thumb.jpg.f4a69179d2552b9a4762754b6bc74d9c.jpg

10 hours ago, The Real Mapo said:

I got to farm some ant eggs and I found one only and I can not pick up. There are a toher couple broken eggs. 

I just gathered about a stack of eggs. So I know they're respawning. I jist think they added alot of time to the next batch spawns. Unsure as to how many days you need to wait now.

10 hours ago, DeeKay86 said:

I have 200+ soldier ants in the ant hill near me causing so much lag my game is dying! Beware!! (The ants are basically spawning like mad, its a glitch)

I'm having the same issue so bad that it'll drop to 1 frame per 15 seconds on my Xbox One X regardless if I'm on Multiplayer or Single player. I had to clear out the whole cave twice and still no ant eggs to be found!

Edited by ACiD8strykR
miss spelled
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ACiD8strykR said:

I'm having the same issue so bad that it'll drop to 1 frame per 15 seconds on my Xbox One X regardless if I'm on Multiplayer or Single player. I had to clear out the whole cave twice and still no ant eggs to be found!

They won't show up until a few days after you kill off the cave and the ones outside. It's not going to produce eggs if the population is full. Clear them out like you did and check back after a couple/few in-game days. The eggs are still working on my Xbox game.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:59 PM, DeeKay86 said:

I have 200+ soldier ants in the ant hill near me causing so much lag my game is dying! Beware!! (The ants are basically spawning like mad, its a glitch)

try starting a new game.  i've not seen this ant glitch at all, i'm guessing because i started a new game the weekend before the patch to prepare for it.  havent' had the ant egg issue either,  they're respawning for me. 

Xbox One X

43 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

try starting a new game.  i've not seen this ant glitch at all, i'm guessing because i started a new game the weekend before the patch to prepare for it.  havent' had the ant egg issue either,  they're respawning for me. 

This is a new game lol. Ahhhhh this sucks. Thanks for the help though bud!!

On 8/30/2020 at 11:52 PM, Kiri said:

I found the same (pick below).  It is just a maker for where the ant eggs spawn.  I went back later and there were other eggs in that area that could be looted.  But beware, even with full ant armor, you pick up an egg and the ants around WILL attack you.686575269_Antegg.thumb.jpg.f4a69179d2552b9a4762754b6bc74d9c.jpg

Thanks Kiri

On 8/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, The Real Mapo said:

I got to farm some ant eggs and I found one only and I can not pick up. There are a toher couple broken eggs. 

Some of the eggs and hatched eggs I believe are there just for decoration to tell you where they are normally discovered.

13 hours ago, DeeKay86 said:

This is a new game lol. Ahhhhh this sucks. Thanks for the help though bud!!

Whoever said kill all the ants and wait a couple of in-game days gave the best advice. This is what worked for me after the 0.1 patch. After the 0.2 patch, I have the unlootable egg and the same ants I had to clear out before (mainly a trio of soldier ants at the egg spot) and who knows how many ants elsewhere in the ant hill. I assume that after I clear out the anthill, eggs will appear again. I currently have a stack of 10 that I got post 0.1 patch. I haven't seen any eggs since though, just the 3 soldier ants.

1 hour ago, JayBlaze said:

Whoever said kill all the ants and wait a couple of in-game days gave the best advice. This is what worked for me after the 0.1 patch. After the 0.2 patch, I have the unlootable egg and the same ants I had to clear out before (mainly a trio of soldier ants at the egg spot) and who knows how many ants elsewhere in the ant hill. I assume that after I clear out the anthill, eggs will appear again. I currently have a stack of 10 that I got post 0.1 patch. I haven't seen any eggs since though, just the 3 soldier ants.

You're welcome! I think they may have lengthened the timer for ant eggs. They definitely don't spawn as much or as many as they used to. 

30 minutes ago, Fletch Dude said:

You're welcome! I think they may have lengthened the timer for ant eggs. They definitely don't spawn as much or as many as they used to. 

OK I dont think thats the case, just yesterday I grabbed 40 eggs from the ant hill and only killed a few  worker ants on the outside.  Maybe its on a cycle and eggs pop up after you wake up.  Prior, I had to kill ALL worker ants from the yard then sleep to see eggs.

Edited by tecknotot

25 minutes ago, OldManDorf said:

I’m on the Xbox and eggs still are not spawning for me. I cleared out all of the ants near one spawn site but the other area there are at least a dozen ants so I’m not gonna try to take that mess on.

Ya gotta smash em or the eggs won't respawn!! Just put on some ladybug armor and go in there swinging with your spider fang dagger. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fletch Dude said:

Ya gotta smash em or the eggs won't respawn!! Just put on some ladybug armor and go in there swinging with your spider fang dagger. 

i'd use the larvae blade,  it's procs the poison better and lasts longer.

Xbox One X