Volume of Grubs Moving Underground Is Too Loud

Playing Grounded today with a friend, we both agree that the sound that the Grubs make when they are moving underground around you is way too loud. It overpowers the sound of the Wolf Spiders in the tree, even when they are chasing and attacking you. I feel that it should be slightly audible with controller vibration on console (like the ground moving beneath your feet, a tremor.)

SUGGESTION:

- Decrease the volume of the Grub as it moves under the ground.

- Make controller vibrate when near a moving Grub,  based on proximity. 

Edited by Deadshot Colada
Clarification
  • Like 5

I mainly played on friends servers just building stuff before 0.2.0.2266 Rel, so I never saw any Grubs before the update, maybe just never noticed them. Since 0.2.0.2266 Rel I have been playing on my own save, which is where I first ran into these things that scared the *whatever* out of me, until I realized that they were just Grubs.

Changing the sound did the trick of getting them noticed, the issue is just that it is way too loud now, I would think quite unrealistically so.

Every Freakin TIME ...... I'm slow creepin away from a spider .... 
and then there's an Explosion .. and a Earthquake 
at the same time .... 
and I scream  ... and nearly have a freakin stroke .. 
but it's just a completely harmless grub ...  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gnith said:

Every Freakin TIME ...... I'm slow creepin away from a spider .... 
and then there's an Explosion .. and a Earthquake 
at the same time .... 
and I scream  ... and nearly have a freakin stroke .. 
but it's just a completely harmless grub ...  

ROFL

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Deadshot Colada said:

the issue is just that it is way too loud now, I would think quite unrealistically so.

agreed the sound is loud, and it scared the crap out of me the first time, same as @Gnith but i was creeping up to the sleeping wolf spider under the Oak tree when i first heard it.

how's it unrealistic though?

Xbox One X

1 minute ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

agreed the sound is loud, and it scared the crap out of me the first time, same as @Gnith but i was creeping up to the sleeping wolf spider under the Oak tree when i first heard it.

I think it's also .. the wrong sound ... 
what we're hearing is what you'd hear if something the size of a school bus or larger ... suddenly burst it's way up through stone and concrete .... 
we are NOT hearing the sound of something the size of a grub poking it's head up through soft moist earth ... 

it should be a light moist-wet sucking sound with a dirt and gravel friction .... 
it's shouldn't sound like Hulk having a tantrum in the Rock Quarry

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Picturing what it would be like to have a big worm moving underneath my feet, I don't think it would be very audible, I'm sure I would feel it more than anything. I've stood near large buried objects being ripped out of the ground by a tow cable and it doesn't make much of a sound, even with a whole lot of movement going on. I would think it similar.

Edited by Deadshot Colada

1 minute ago, Branden lehigh said:

Yeah its so loud . I love the idea of using the vibration of controller for notifying player it's close.

do the update released today, the volume of grubs has been reduced.  i like it now, doesn't make me wet my pants anymore.

• Like 2

Xbox One X