Juicy Mutation not unlocking

I know this feels like an issue right now, but this is an "alpha expectation' to me. - alpha game play changes core mechanics, and if the mutations were in game (a feature added in early game play, being alpha game play) then you would have never had the problem of it not unlocking because you already discovered them.

I fully expect the need to start a new game, completely over, when the game goes live-live.  I am used to being an Alpha/Beta tester though, so I can understand the reason your might be upset at this situation.  In the meantime, I would suggest trying to trigger it - try different things and test it out. Like:

changing teenager played,  building liquid collectors under them, drinking from every juice box, etc.  maybe these will then 'kick it' and make it remember you now know all of their locations. We are glorified testers who paid in to test the game after all, so time to buckle down and see what we can figure out to help improve the game, find exploits/glitches and report them up.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:31 PM, Kissker said:

I know this feels like an issue right now, but this is an "alpha expectation' to me. - alpha game play changes core mechanics, and if the mutations were in game (a feature added in early game play, being alpha game play) then you would have never had the problem of it not unlocking because you already discovered them.

I fully expect the need to start a new game, completely over, when the game goes live-live.  I am used to being an Alpha/Beta tester though, so I can understand the reason your might be upset at this situation.  In the meantime, I would suggest trying to trigger it - try different things and test it out. Like:

changing teenager played,  building liquid collectors under them, drinking from every juice box, etc.  maybe these will then 'kick it' and make it remember you now know all of their locations. We are glorified testers who paid in to test the game after all, so time to buckle down and see what we can figure out to help improve the game, find exploits/glitches and report them up.

Yeah, new games are a must. My post 0.2.0 save has like 9 days clocked in. My original save has over 200. New save was just in case of something like this.

On 8/28/2020 at 5:19 PM, assassindk said:

I had already discovered all the juice boxes before the patch and the mutation Juicy wont unlock for me.

Have tried to revisit em all but nothing happens :(

I am having the same issue with this one.  I've been to all 5 boxes twice.  Second time, I walked full circle hugging the box all around, went under/on if possible, and drank from each one.  Still won't unlock.  Revisiting landmarks has unlocked that mutation, but this one won't unlock.

Soooo, did you already visit all the juice boxes? Or are you saying you visited the boxes AFTER the update? The OP states that all the juice boxes were visited BEFORE the update. Your post simply says you visited the boxes and got the mutation. I am sure I have visited all the boxes, but I'm not 100% sure. I AM certain that the mutation isn't unlocked for me though.

EDIT: Just checked, mutation isn't unlocked for me, I will visit all the juice boxes in the morning and report my findings afterward.

Edited by JayBlaze
situation update

1 hour ago, JayBlaze said:

Soooo, did you already visit all the juice boxes? Or are you saying you visited the boxes AFTER the update? The OP states that all the juice boxes were visited BEFORE the update. Your post simply says you visited the boxes and got the mutation. I am sure I have visited all the boxes, but I'm not 100% sure. I AM certain that the mutation isn't unlocked for me though.

EDIT: Just checked, mutation isn't unlocked for me, I will visit all the juice boxes in the morning and report my findings afterward.

Pretty sure I had visited all of them before update. I'm on day 178 and I was actually just running past it. Maybe you all are missing a juice box? I don't know why I could unlock it and you guys can't. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fletch Dude said:

Pretty sure I had visited all of them before update. I'm on day 178 and I was actually just running past it. Maybe you all are missing a juice box? I don't know why I could unlock it and you guys can't. 

I'm about to jump on and visit all the locations.....I was hoping you were right, but after visiting all locations (i punched each box, and drank some drops) the mutation still hasn't shown up.

EDIT: After posting, I jumped back on my Xbox and it was there. I don't know if it was because I slept in a lean-to, or because I let it turn from night to day, but when I checked, the mutation was unlocked. I didn't see it "bling" on the screen though. And after looking at the description, I remember it being there before. Unsure why it vanished and then came back.

Edited by JayBlaze
it unlocked