Triangle Wall Missing! (+other bug)

Firstly, congratulations to the team for such a fantastic game! We are loving it!!

Right, on to business!

I play on an Xbox One X. Game downloaded via GamePass. I host a game and two of my friends join (one is on an Xbox One S, and the other a standard Xbox One. Both got the game via GamePass).

Right, so when we are in the menu to build walls etc, we noticed that on the Wall page (Grass wall, Sturdy Wall etc), it also shows the “Clay Foundation”. The “Clay Foundation” never used to be here. We then realised that it has taken the place of the “Triangle Grass Wall”. You know, that Triangular grass wall? It’s totally missing! We then tried in Creative mode and the menu showed two Triangle Grass Walls (which is correct and how it should be in this update).

It’s a shame as we now can not build Triangle walls in our main game (playing on Medium).

Will there be a fix for this? Thank you!

Second issue:

ANTS!!! - Ants have gone mental in our game (I have noticed others mention this on here too). Ants are spawning like psychos and taking over, causing my FPS to drop to nothing. My friends get kicked from the game and my game just chugs. Maybe 1-2 frames every 10 seconds. I went to the ant hill and about 35 ants came running out - never seen this happen prior to the update. It is just insane! Please please issue a fix for this soon as its made out game unplayable (especially as our base is by the Ant Hill lol).

Thank you again and keep up the amazing work!!

I also play on Xbox One X via gamepass and have both triangle walls and normal ant activity like previous to the patch.

i'd blame the cache, which could cause a corrupt save file.  on game previews and betas you should always exit the game after playing,  don't use the hot start feature (where you turn on the xbox and start the game from where you left last play session), it's known to cause issues.

Xbox One X

3 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

I also play on Xbox One X via gamepass and have both triangle walls and normal ant activity like previous to the patch.

i'd blame the cache, which could cause a corrupt save file.  on game previews and betas you should always exit the game after playing,  don't use the hot start feature (where you turn on the xbox and start the game from where you left last play session), it's known to cause issues.

I have the triangle walls and all that. But, the ants issue is very real since the update. I always make it a priority to kill any ant I see and occasionally go into the nest to clear them out.  There is easily 3-4x more ants out there now. It's not a big issue, makes it easy to gather ant parts that I'm already overflowing with.  😉

• Like 2

Ok the TRIANGLE WALL issue is solved! I had to analyse a Grass Plank! Very odd as we had triangle walls before so not sure why they vanished and needed a scan!

ANT HILL BUG UPDATE:

The game is still crashing / lagging to hell. I decided to go inside the Ant Hill and found at least 150 Solider Ants going insane! Check the images, it was brutal!!

Please fix this soon as my game runs at 1FPS or even stops completely for 5-10 seconds at a time. I really want to play this properly as my bases is awesome and I want to continue playing with friends and building. Thank you so much :)

25EDAD8F-16CB-4401-B8DB-C6515A170F1A.jpeg

74E9D39F-814A-4C78-B062-C8C6B9A5076F.jpeg

Edited by DeeKay86

13 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Thanks for the reply - yeah I always close the game totally after sessions :)

12 hours ago, Fletch Dude said:

I have the triangle walls and all that. But, the ants issue is very real since the update. I always make it a priority to kill any ant I see and occasionally go into the nest to clear them out.  There is easily 3-4x more ants out there now. It's not a big issue, makes it easy to gather ant parts that I'm already overflowing with.  😉

I can’t kill anything in the nest anymore as there are literally hundreds of Soldier Ants lol I’d die instantly!!

10 hours ago, DeeKay86 said:

I can’t kill anything in the nest anymore as there are literally hundreds of Soldier Ants lol I’d die instantly!!

I killed a worker ant just outside the hill and very shortly after I was surrounded by them. Literally 20+. That helped with the lag going in and killing the rest. Groups of 20+ on the NE on a rock just gathered there for no reason, they dead too.  I'm pretty sure there are some glitched out in the terrain also. Gnats in the NE corner by the fence lamp is outrageous too. Causes lag also in that area. I'm sure it will all be fixed by next content drop next month. Doesn't make it unplayable if you keep the ant population down every couple days.

• 2 years later...