Why can't I harvest feathers?

2 minutes ago, Sir Green Day said:

I found my 1st feather today and I chopped it up, but nothing appear in my inventory.  

What am I supposed to get from harvesting feathers and why didn't I get anything?? 

Thanks 

The feather is like clay that you still have to gather the materials after breaking it. Just look around after harvesting it.

2 minutes ago, stryderFOX said:

The feather is like clay that you still have to gather the materials after breaking it. Just look around after harvesting it.

Oh!  

Well crap.

I didn't see anything so I left the area.

Do you pickup individual feathers?

Are they really small because I didn't see anything to pick up. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Green Day said:

Oh!  

Well crap.

I believe so. There are new bugs in the game right now so maybe it glitch through the floor. Currently, you can only place trail markers on the ground. Boulders. grass floors and other surfaces is a no go for trail marks.

1 hour ago, Sir Green Day said:

Oh!  

Well crap.

when you chop up the feather the crafting piece falls, it's a little bag like bug parts are in when you drop them or ants steal them from your storage.  there's a 72 hour timer now (if i recall the patch notes correctly) for unclaimed items.  Not sure if that's 72 real life hours or in game hours.  if you remember where the feathers are hurry back and check for that pouch.

Xbox One X

they seem to have drop zones. One is at the ant hill. Found 3 there over the course of playing the update and they were in different spots right around or on the hill.   A spot out in the western desert area close to stinkbugs and the other is right next to a footprint by but not the one's next to the mysterious machine. It's got kinda like cliff on one side facing the oak tree. And I've yet to find where the other drop spot(s) are for when he lands on the bird bath

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WingmanOfLife said:

they seem to have drop zones. One is at the ant hill. Found 3 there over the course of playing the update and they were in different spots right around or on the hill.   A spot out in the western desert area close to stinkbugs and the other is right next to a footprint by but not the one's next to the mysterious machine. It's got kinda like cliff on one side facing the oak tree. And I've yet to find where the other drop spot(s) are for when he lands on the bird bath

Found them too in those areas and I was just farming weed stems and clay. I have more than 10 feathers now without even trying to chase the bird. It is easier to find the feather around the anthill and the western desert area because they are open areas.

6 hours ago, stryderFOX said:

Found them too in those areas and I was just farming weed stems and clay. I have more than 10 feathers now without even trying to chase the bird. It is easier to find the feather around the anthill and the western desert area because they are open areas.

True.  I found the bird bath one this morning. It was right next to. Under where he sits. 2 at once.  

i've gotten 4 feathers so far.  Have yet to see any at the bird bath,  got 2 near the western ant hill, 1 by the 2 dandelions in that bare patch the stink bugs like, and the 4 was laying on the boulder just behind the first field lab you discover when you start the game.

Xbox One X