2 hours ago, RazielDERF said:

I also experienced the same thing. Also the ants spawned way too many as well. It's like the larva were but now it's too many ants. 

This!!

Way too many ants, drops my game to 1-2fps! I play on Xbox One X, and my teammates get kicked from the game. We killed tonnes of ants and it helped a bit, but now ant numbers are way up again and the crazy lag is back. Please help!! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Branden lehigh said:

There really is just too many ants I seriously slayed for 45 minutes clearing this room out. Got my ant mutation but Broke my spider armor my spider fang dagger and half of my mint mallet in one fight

I know this is not a solution but the following will work to keep ants numbers down.

Place pile of mushrooms outside opening of Ant hill.    Change distance based on preference.

Make 1 circle of needle traps around mushrooms.

Make 2nd circle of needle traps around first circle.

Make 3rd circle of needle traps around second circle.

Mushrooms will draw in weevils which will draw in Ants.  All will die.

Of course, you can just put Lure Trap instead.. But this way you get plenty of weevils to hang on your jerky rack.

• Thanks 1

before the patch I killed every soldier in the ant hill, and used gas arrows to kill every worker top side stuck in rocks, and manually murdered every ant I saw around the pond and on the way back to the ant hill.

I then sat in the hill with some food and water and 2 torches and got over 100 eggs in 1 night.

Since then - they changed the look of the 2 rooms - to have broken eggs and 1 solid but not harvestable egg inside.  Those eggs- if they are the ones your referring to - are more to indicate which rooms allow egg spawns.

Now I noticed post-patch my ants still like to enjoy sunning on a rock near the pond.  It doesn't seem they are 'inside' or stuck, or trying to attack anything else inside, but just.. wandered there through AI.   SO I might Need to go murderfy them all again.

Recently in the hill I found some 30+ workers sleeping for the night.  I used bombs and killed everything. Now... I wait to see if the respawn is as good.

Ok so 3 soldiers just appeared as if hatched from invisable eggs, and I ran to the other egg room -on the way, a feather.. underground, in the wall... Something strange going on for sure.

Edited by Kissker
  • Like 1

Same here.  The places that look as if there should be harvestable ant eggs provide no interaction.  I've slaughtered ants everywhere in and around the nest, leaving aunt bodies stacked on top of each other and, as suggested as a work around for the issue, didn't even loot them.  The nest was completely cleared out as far as I could see and the two areas that *appear* to ant eggs certainly had no aunts around.  If I kill off all the soldiers, nothing happens.  If I kill off all the workers in and around the nest, tons of them, and then loot them, they respawn in the nest, but no eggs.  If, as suggested, I kill off the same number of ants and then loot them, respawn but no eggs.  I've never even found an ant egg in this game, but this is extremely frustrating as I'd like to make things that say they require ant eggs.

• Like 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

If eggs aren't spawning, the issue may be that there are too many ants somewhere outside the ant hill. I found a cluster of about 15 worker ants not far from the hill (to the northeast along one of the "paths"), and after killing them eggs began to appear. If you see a constant flow of worker ants leaving/entering the hill, eggs are most likely present.

Also, if you place a lure trap surrounded by multiple spike strips (platform optional) near the hill opening, but far enough so you don't hit the spike's, you should be able to control the number of ants leaving.

• Thanks 1