Occasionally while playing the game (in multiplayer as the client, not host, in my case), upon exiting the inventory, craft menu, map, etc. I will recieve a graphics driver crash error that will either crash the game or, in some cases, my entire PC and require a restart. I can't exactly get screenshots of the crash, nor can it reliably be recreated per se, but it happens roughly every 1 in 3 times I exit the menu. (This has happened one time upon launching the game, but not again) The host and I updating our graphics drivers, as the error suggested, did nothing to fix the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any workarounds yet?

*Update*
I theorize this may be an issue with directx 12. I use an AMD Radeon RX 580 and have an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core processor. Dx 12 is notoriously awful with AMD softwares, but because I use the Xbox App and am playing the game with the gamepass, I'm unsure of how to fix this issue unless it may possibly be something in the game (I was not having this issue at all playing the game in multiplayer as the client player 2 days ago). As of right now this error is making my game unplayable, which sucks because I adore both the game and Obsidian as a company. If anyone finds a workaround for making the game run in dx 11, I'd love to hear it so I can play the game again.

Edited by TrinityGAME
Tags, Update
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, TrinityGAME said:

Occasionally while playing the game (in multiplayer as the client, not host, in my case), upon exiting the inventory, craft menu, map, etc. I will recieve a graphics driver crash error that will either crash the game or, in some cases, my entire PC and require a restart. I can't exactly get screenshots of the crash, nor can it reliably be recreated per se, but it happens roughly every 1 in 3 times I exit the menu. (This has happened one time upon launching the game, but not again) The host and I updating our graphics drivers, as the error suggested, did nothing to fix the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any workarounds yet?

*Update*
I theorize this may be an issue with directx 12. I use an AMD Radeon RX 580 and have an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core processor. Dx 12 is notoriously awful with AMD softwares, but because I use the Xbox App and am playing the game with the gamepass, I'm unsure of how to fix this issue unless it may possibly be something in the game (I was not having this issue at all playing the game in multiplayer as the client player 2 days ago). As of right now this error is making my game unplayable, which sucks because I adore both the game and Obsidian as a company. If anyone finds a workaround for making the game run in dx 11, I'd love to hear it so I can play the game again.

Same here. Also using RX580 and playing with Game pass. There should be an option on the menu to use dx11.

This has just started happening to me as well today. I'm using a Radeon RX 590 and Ryzen 5 2600X. Exactly the same issue - every two or three times I exit the inventory or crafting menu I get a video driver crash. Drivers are all up to date. I'm also using Game Pass version on PC.

Edit: I'm not playing multiplayer btw, just solo.

Edited by xrachoox
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 2:28 PM, TrinityGAME said:

*Update*

I believe this is a known issue with Radeon gamers.  I believe the devs are working on this according to their Trello.