Personally like to see some 'advanced' building

While I know the game is far-from-done, I'd like to state a few building options I'd like to see.

- clay foundations with peblets in them, to make a more durable foundation basically 'stone' (huge durability increase, making them extremely tough to break, maybe needing stems as well like rebar)

- clay triangle foundations (because they don't exist)- also render the bottom of foundations please, overhangs are ugly when see-through

-clay/stone walls maybe these require stems as well in them to keep shape. (using clay, peblets, stems, making expensive to craft)

- we have 'triangle' walls, but they need to 'snap to wall' instead of 'snap to direction' - also, upside down versions please

- half height walls (or maybe 1/3?) roughly just a bit taller than the fencing that was just added. (allow snap to bottom of floors/other parts as well)

- electrical. yup. 9v battery powered LED lighting, doors, etc. Get real fancy (end game type unlocks)

- the ability to cut, harvest, and use aluminum cans as a resource.  Metal roof buildings/walls? Enhanced arrows/tools? Super Traps? etc. (possibly also used with previous electrical idea, electric fence etc)

Just those really right off. I don't want to see advanced vehicles or anything like that, I think that would take away from the game completely. (also the terrain is rough at this size, so they would clip like crazy and not be fun to program at all)  the most advanced I would like to see is something like Hang Gliders and maybe human-powered propelled vehicles like bicycles or floaty machines.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kissker said:

- electrical. yup. 9v battery powered LED lighting, doors, etc. Get real fancy (end game type unlocks)

way future update,  there's no option for electrical yet, i'm guessing after the game progresses far enough that we are able to restore the batteries in the Oak Tree lab we'll get electricity to use.  maybe even then batteries we can build, although i can't even imagine how we'd build batteries at that size :)

i like the rest of the ideas,  i made a post about a bike for transportation, as well as carts or sleds/travois we could attach for hauling materials around.

Xbox One X

2 hours ago, MIKEOAK said:

Since your talking  about building. I had a early base I recently visited and everything is raised off the ground the height of one scaffold. Dont use it but anyone else have this happen?

They updated the terrain in some areas of the backyard and your building must have been in one of these areas. Thus it's now floating off the ground.

8 hours ago, Kissker said:

While I know the game is far-from-done, I'd like to state a few building options I'd like to see.

- clay foundations with peblets in them, to make a more durable foundation basically 'stone' (huge durability increase, making them extremely tough to break, maybe needing stems as well like rebar)

- clay triangle foundations (because they don't exist)- also render the bottom of foundations please, overhangs are ugly when see-through

-clay/stone walls maybe these require stems as well in them to keep shape. (using clay, peblets, stems, making expensive to craft)

- we have 'triangle' walls, but they need to 'snap to wall' instead of 'snap to direction' - also, upside down versions please

- half height walls (or maybe 1/3?) roughly just a bit taller than the fencing that was just added. (allow snap to bottom of floors/other parts as well)

- the ability to cut, harvest, and use aluminum cans as a resource.  Metal roof buildings/walls? Enhanced arrows/tools? Super Traps? etc. (possibly also used with previous electrical idea, electric fence etc)

Just those really right off. I don't want to see advanced vehicles or anything like that, I think that would take away from the game completely. (also the terrain is rough at this size, so they would clip like crazy and not be fun to program at all)  the most advanced I would like to see is something like Hang Gliders and maybe human-powered propelled vehicles like bicycles or floaty machines.

If you go to the official website of grounded and watch the little snippet trailer you'll see a stone/pebble wall with weapons on it. I'm guessing this is a preview of what's to come.

8 hours ago, dvsnathan said:

If you go to the official website of grounded and watch the little snippet trailer you'll see a stone/pebble wall with weapons on it. I'm guessing this is a preview of what's to come.

or could it be the weapon wall mount they mentioned in the patch notes?

Xbox One X