I got the same, there are 2 eggs at the ant hill and it's not possible to grab. Ants are still with a crazy behavior, gathering around spoiled meat. 

I play on pc.

I killed loads of ants (worker and soldier) in an attempt to "reset" but didn't work.  

Content Creator for Grounded at Youtube and Grounded Dossier  

I got this problem also on Xbox since Update. Next thing is i cant actual really go into ant hill, the full games stocks only when i go there. When you go inside its not really possible to walk. Any 10Seconds a Picture. Outside also a lot of spots where ant groups staying, sometimes they disappeared when you shot walk away ant comeback. I startet to kill again ants and it seems that it goes better as more as i kill. Its same bug like with larva before... Would be great when you fix that soon. 

On 8/26/2020 at 4:49 PM, The_Partisan_Spy said:

I got the same, there are 2 eggs at the ant hill and it's not possible to grab. Ants are still with a crazy behavior, gathering around spoiled meat. 

I play on pc.

I killed loads of ants (worker and soldier) in an attempt to "reset" but didn't work.  

You likely missed some ants. You'll have to search for them. They can glitch into rocks at times but supposedly this was fixed. I find them often trying to feast on spoiled meats, usually several of them at a time. 

On 8/26/2020 at 4:46 PM, Melisa Moineau said:

Play on console 

If you uninstall the game and reinstall it you should be ok. All your progress should be saved on cloud. I did this and I haven't had any of the issues these other Xbox people have run in to. Lot's of ants is about it.

patch earlier today seems to have fixed the ant issues.  they're behaving in my game like they did prior to the 8/26 patch.  wandering around, soldier ants out and about also.  kill a worker and you get a soldier or 2 show up to investigate.

Xbox One X