SUGGESTION: Mint respawn

Many of us have lost mint due to various reasons.  Sometimes a friend logs off with it and doesn't come back.  Some of us had our death bags dissappear.  Sometimes our friends have had their inventory wiped when they rejoined our worlds.  The community appreciates how fast the development team is fixing issues, but I have a simple suggestion for those of us that have lost precious mint.  If mint could respawn over time (at least for a little while).  It would greatly help those of us that lost this precious resource. 

Mint is a rare end game (for now) resource.  it should not respawn.  we should not be able to fill a trunk with end game hammers, what's the point then.

They need to fix the bug where they disappear, not give endless end game resources just cause a hammer was lost.

as the game progresses and we get better items this will be a moot point but for now, it should remain finite and rare.

Xbox One X

What's the point on the hard-nosed respawn rule?   Now the game, being early access, is "buggy" and players "lose" their mint or mallets in world never to be able to regain them?  No, that's not the answer.  The only thing mint can currently be used for is the mallet.  Any RPG would allow you to farm materials, even if hard, at a set periodic rate with given risk/difficulty. 

A better answer, seeing how various food items are "thrown over the fence", would be a long-running timer which causes them to spawn and  make the acquisition of the mint more of a challenge... not just a "get the level 2 hammer and you basically are given a level 3 weapon"   

why give us everything just because?  

2 hours ago, zariok said:

Any RPG would allow you to farm materials, even if hard, at a set periodic rate with given risk/difficulty. 

Right okay.  Like Sulfuras in vanilla WoW.  extremely difficult to obtain, and was the ultimate end game item until Burning Crusade 3 years later.

you're "Better answer" i could go with.  making mint a very hard resource to discover and obtain would better than a respawn in the mint box.

Xbox One X

I agree, something needs to be done with the mint, I'm just not sure what.

Yes, its a little weird that everything else respawns except for these. However, now that quartzite respawns, I now have no issues using THAT rare resource to fix all my gear (and, y'know, actually feel comfortable wearing down). Heck, before this last update I was carrying around a level 1 AND level 2 axe because its so hard to get ladybug heads (and quartzite wasn't respawning).

Can we make the mint container a bit easier to get/out of? As is, I have to crouch then spam jump in order to get in and out of there. And maybe don't make half the mint chunks spawn on top of the box and the other half go flying into the yard? With as precious as they are its scary they could be lost like that.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 9:01 PM, McSquirl Nugget said:

why give us everything just because?  

Right okay.  Like Sulfuras in vanilla WoW.  extremely difficult to obtain, and was the ultimate end game item until Burning Crusade 3 years later.

you're "Better answer" i could go with.  making mint a very hard resource to discover and obtain would better than a respawn in the mint box.

Or better yet, just a quest reward.   Finish quest and get a mint.

• Like 1