Upgrading already placed builds

Hello, not sure if this has already been talked about but I had an idea when it comes to building. I was getting my base ready for the upcoming update and wanted to replace my normal grass walls with sturdy walls. The process of replacing each wall with the risk of destroying a build and loosing materials is getting old. I was just thinking that a feature could be added or looked into where for example if you have a regular grass wall, instead of destroying the wall completely, you could just add a wood stem to it making it a sturdy wall, saving a lot of time. Obviously this wouldn't work with some things but I thought it would make peoples lives a lot easier. Again, not sure if its been talked about but just and idea.

• Like 4

I also posted this suggestion but I do agree.  I think a QOL feature would be the ability to upgrade walls from one level to the next instead of tearing down what you already had and replacing it with the upgraded building piece.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DuukDkarn said:

If this was like 7 Days to Die.  You spend the amount of materials it would cost to build it from scratch, then it knocks off some resource cost due to using existing structure. 

Not just adding 1 item to upgrade.

Yup that’s the idea, just in the example of upgrading from grass to sturdy it would take a single wood stem

• 2 years later...

Or like Ark where you can just overlay the new structure on top and once it's completed it's upgraded. You have to have the full materials for the new structure but it's more realistic. I like the upgrading a grass wall into a sturdy grass wall with the repair tool once you've added a weed stem but I would also like to be able to completely change the material to another (grass into weed, weed into mushroom - also need a mushroom floor because that would be awesome imo).