Weeds, do they grow back?

I've had weeds grow but not in the location they were chopped down. Had no weeds around my base for the first 80 days then suddenly 4 grow at my front door.

So I'm guessing weeds grow back at random locations unlike dandelions. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 4:06 AM, Cuhwristoefur said:

I’ve just been building my base up in anticipation for the new update and I need stems. Do weeds grow back at all? I know for a fact dandelions grow back but weeds are obviously a better source of stems.

Since the update I have all my weeds come back. They spawn fairly quickly too. Prior to the update I wasn't getting weed II respawning but now they are. I have plenty of stems now. My clay always spawned too so I don't know why some people experience this differently.. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fletch Dude said:

Yes it's fixed...

awesome, i had as surplus of stems from dandelions and weeds prior to the patch it was saving, the few weeds i cut down were back with the patch, but i haven't cut any down since to confirm.

Thanks for confirming for me :) 

Xbox One X

35 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

awesome, i had as surplus of stems from dandelions and weeds prior to the patch it was saving, the few weeds i cut down were back with the patch, but i haven't cut any down since to confirm.

Thanks for confirming for me :) 

I've actually been building "lumber yards" multiple stem pallets to save up just in case another issue like that happens. Just like I'm hoarding water and food incase that bug happens again too.  😁

I still have an issue with the Dandelions near my base never respawning.  All others in the game that I have come across respawn, but not the 2 right next to my base.  It's like "No easy stems for you!  You want stems, you gotta run far for them :P"

• Like 1

So me and my brother have a massive base going along the log stumps right next to the roses (and the spiders 😱)! Each stump is a different room (bug part storage, armor and weapons, water collection, smoothie shop, health clinic, etc.). We’ve got bridges and stairs galore so basically we need a ton of stems lol. I’m so grateful the weeds by us grow back! But I have noticed the ones closest to the juice box that’s right next to us and the water never came back 🤔 we also noticed the stink bugs we killed once upon a time have now finally returned to grief us lol (I bet they spawned underground before the update or something).