Avowed is a terrible name. A good name is 50% of the sale

Qazzi30

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2020 at 12:38 AM, Boeroer said:

Jeez - please pitch that to Josh. 🥺

Sawyer isn't involved with Avowed, right?

That was my big negative about the reveal (although I thought the trailer was very "generic LOTOR" which was another clear sign Sawyer was not involved).

I also don't think his role allows him to dictate anything, especially when one of the company executives is the project director, so good luck regardless.

8 hours ago, Tencatta said:

Sawyer isn't involved with Avowed, right?

That was my big negative about the reveal (although I thought the trailer was very "generic LOTOR" which was another clear sign Sawyer was not involved).

I also don't think his role allows him to dictate anything, especially when one of the company executives is the project director, so good luck regardless.

I was referring to the Edér dating sim "Under Oaf" that should be pitched to Josh. 

Before the new theme that got slapped onto the forum recently that was a laughing-tears emoji at the end. Now it's a sad one. Kind of messes up the tone and intention of my post I guess...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...

OP: Agreed on the bad naming, but it must be difficult to trademark names nowadays without running out of them.

Also, "Avowed" is already getting the pun treatment, but not badly.

I still don't know why they didn't just call it Pillars: [Insert Something] but maybe they didn't want to carry over expectations.

• 3 months later...

There are no good game names left. 

On 3/18/2021 at 6:34 PM, GamingPhreak said:

It's going to be confused with Unavowed, an point-and-click adventure game by Wadjet Eye that was pretty well-received.

There are no good franchise names left. Everything has already been done. Pretty soon we are going to run out of things to  misspell with a "Y" or the like so they are trademarkable.  So you just worry about making it sound unique. Just one game that kind of sounds like yours - that's actually a good result. 

On 3/18/2021 at 5:34 PM, GamingPhreak said:

It's going to be confused with Unavowed, an point-and-click adventure game by Wadjet Eye that was pretty well-received.

Never heard of it, and nor did, most likely, majority of customers. 

Even so, it's not nearly as bad as Outer Worlds, and Outer Wilds, and it didn't seem to hurt either title. 

• 1 month later...