Maple key glider w/ drawn design

As the title said, this is a repost of an idea I had for a new glider/helicopter of sorts. It's a mid to end game piece of equipment, with the maple keys being rare. I was thinking of finding them in or around the hollowed out stump in the haze zone, possibly being hoarded/guarded by a nasty refuse to be gased out spider or something equally as nasty (lol ****roach?)

You would face the piece of equipment like the dandelion tuft, one hand on the side bar (left side) the other grabbing the loop (right). The insect antennae would be under your armpits keeping you in place. It works like a double or triple jump, with every "jump" being another squeeze of the bellows both launching you up a decent distance and keeping you in the air longer. After your initial jump you jump again and you do the first squeeze.

V.1 would only have one "poof" of air with the V.2 upgrade having the bellows refill to be used again and again (depending on stamina like the tuft) 

1299284410_20200819_1100532.thumb.jpg.e6367f2e636d1a420a49738441bfdf8d.jpg

The rate of horizontal movement speed and range is far greater then the tuft, decent around the same.

990107389_20200819_1104222.thumb.jpg.cf34e63e884812f3e4f8894e63b7aa43.jpg

Materials I think should be intensive but not grindy. But construction would be in 2 pieces, the maple key copter being one using

-maple keys, sap, woven fiber, 2 sprigs, 2 antennae

The bellows being the obvious second using

-berry leather, spider webs, sap, 2 weevil noses, woven fiber. With the upgraded one using possibly cricket legs or strider legs for the springs for refilling.

Sorry for the repost, it just took me a bit to get my pics resized off my phone and on to here. Again please let me know what you guys think!

• Like 3

we always called these helicopter seeds, they're maple keys huh?  learn something every day :)

love the idea.  their natural aerodynamics allows them to almost hover,  i could see this for a glider, as long as we could make it so our characters don't spin with them lol  that'd give us a like a 15 real time minute dizziness penalty and vomiting so we'd be dehydrated and hungry.

Xbox One X

1 hour ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

we always called these helicopter seeds, they're maple keys huh?  learn something every day :)

love the idea.  their natural aerodynamics allows them to almost hover,  i could see this for a glider, as long as we could make it so our characters don't spin with them lol  that'd give us a like a 15 real time minute dizziness penalty and vomiting so we'd be dehydrated and hungry.

Lol my childhood actually gave me this idea, my dad would attach my little green army men to them and throw them off the balcony :).

And I thought of the spinning issue as well, that's why at the top and just underneath the maple keys there is pins and a shaft. The way I pictured it was the sprig went inside the shaft so the blades could freely spin, and the pins made from thistles kept the maple keys from flying off or sliding down..

But if there was some kind of skill check to use them, having your spinning and puking thing happen on a fail would be hilarious!!

P.s I truly hope there is not a skill check to use it tho lmao.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WingmanOfLife said:

such an awesome idea with lots of time and thought put into it.  Fingers crossed they see this and adapt your idea to the game. 

Thanks so much WingmanOfLife! It would be amazing to see this contraption in game lol, I tried to keep the design within the games over all feel, Without it being over powered and able to bypass all the developers hard work! Or the natural puzzles like the hedge branch jump maze! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rooks Nemesis said:

Thanks so much WingmanOfLife! It would be amazing to see this contraption in game lol, I tried to keep the design within the games over all feel, Without it being over powered and able to bypass all the developers hard work! Or the natural puzzles like the hedge branch jump maze! 

And that I think you did. 

I know we have all been thinking of ways to fly around the map in this game and I honestly thought it was going to be by taming a flying insect. But you worked out a very simple but yet not to easy to get method of doing just that and keeping to the basic building blox of the game. This game reminds me of 2 of my favorite childhood 1 of course Honey I shrunk the kids and the cartoon Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. They always made cool things out of the stuff they would find laying around. 

8 minutes ago, WingmanOfLife said:

And that I think you did. 

I know we have all been thinking of ways to fly around the map in this game and I honestly thought it was going to be by taming a flying insect. But you worked out a very simple but yet not to easy to get method of doing just that and keeping to the basic building blox of the game. This game reminds me of 2 of my favorite childhood 1 of course Honey I shrunk the kids and the cartoon Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. They always made cool things out of the stuff they would find laying around. 

Some times some crimes go slipping through the cracks, but these two gumshoes are picking up the tracks. Lmfao. Wow that just brought back a lot of memories quickly lol. And yes I can definitely see that connection :).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rooks Nemesis said:

Some times some crimes go slipping through the cracks, but these two gumshoes are picking up the tracks. Lmfao. Wow that just brought back a lot of memories quickly lol. And yes I can definitely see that connection :).

Right?!?!?! We are own little Gadget. 

gadget-hackwrench-chip-n-dale-cartoon-the-walt-disney-company-rescue-rangers-png-clip-art.png

gadget-hackwrench-youtube-chipmunk-chip-n-dale-zipper-rescue-rangers-1.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...