Weird, random, interesting - now with 100% less diacriticals

Amentep

Lulu the Border Collie inherits $5M

I have a similar trust set up for my dog. Put the ain’t  near as that much money in it

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

19 hours ago, Lexx said:

I mean, I guess it all comes down to how much these things would affect you. I probably wouldn't care all too much either, except for the initial "huh, oh wow." Then live goes on, because I am hungry and have to pay rent.

Yes, it wouldn't change much. If aliens are here and it has been kept secret, revealing that will probably not mean they will start caring about us or come down to introduce themselves. It would be like us going to the jungle to talk with some monkeys.

sign.jpg

For those who are not into omens for 2021 and all that stuff....

Meteor lights up Melbourne skies

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-56068503

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Explosion captured in Jupiter’s upper atmosphere.

if it wasn’t for Jupiter I think there’s a pretty good chance there would be no life on earth. It is the solar systems catchers mitt!

image.jpeg.e658310b11960969d83cced5baa149e5.jpeg

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

58 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Explosion captured in Jupiter’s upper atmosphere.

if it wasn’t for Jupiter I think there’s a pretty good chance there would be no life on earth. It is the solar systems catchers mitt!

image.jpeg.e658310b11960969d83cced5baa149e5.jpeg

curiously, jupiter may be partial responsible for the extinction o' the dinosaurs. 

https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/news/2021-03

snowball earth, super volcanoes, asteroids, comets and a dozen other extinction level events has come and gone. nevertheless,

you may be right 'bout jupiter. then again, looking at the surface o' the moon, one wonders if the defensive catcher skills o' the gas giant is more in line with mike piazza than the molina brothers.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

6 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

then again, looking at the surface o' the moon, one wonders if the defensive catcher skills o' the gas giant is more in line with mike piazza than the molina brothers.

HA! Good Fun!

Will have to work out Jupiters batting average to be sure. But if the moon actually had an atmosphere a good deal of whatever made those craters would’ve burned up before hitting the ground. And would’ve been much smaller once it did impact the ground. Plus if the moon had a decent atmosphere enough they could keep up a good pressure even if it’s not breathable we would probably have people living there

Thomas Sowell

20 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Will have to work out Jupiters batting average to be sure. But if the moon actually had an atmosphere a good deal of whatever made those craters would’ve burned up before hitting the ground. And would’ve been much smaller once it did impact the ground. Plus if the moon had a decent atmosphere enough they could keep up a good pressure even if it’s not breathable we would probably have people living there

kinda the point. look at moon and consider what the earth would look like without atmosphere, not to mention no oceans or plate tectonics. moon should makes more apparent that large and small bodies, hurtling at speeds  ~40kmph or more, is also threatening earth. on a millions and billions o' year scale, we just don't see the evidence as we do on the moon.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 minute ago, Gromnir said:

kinda the point. look at moon and consider what the earth would look like without atmosphere, not to mention no oceans or plate tectonics. moon should makes more apparent that large and small bodies, hurtling at speeds  ~40kmph or more, is also threatening earth. on a millions and billions o' year scale, we just don't see the evidence as we do on the moon.

HA! Good Fun!

Always figured that was the most likely way we go out. 

Speaking of oceans and plate tectonics, imagine what would the earth look like with no moon. Or a moon of heavier or lighter mass even. It is a beautiful system isn’t it? So perfectly balanced.

Thomas Sowell

27 minutes ago, Raithe said:

"It may be difficult to believe, but per the Guinness Book of World Records, Klingon is the most widely spoken fictional language in the world. "

other than elvish, or perhaps australian, we couldn't think o' a likely challenger to the klingon guinness title, so not a surprise at all.

and don't tell us australians predominant speak english. have listened to a group o' australians speaking more than a few times and we need a freaking translator as often as not.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 4

BBC - Space rockets to be made using 3D Printer

Components for space rockets are to be made in Moray using "Europe's largest industrial" 3D printer.

UK-based spaceflight company Orbex plans to use the rockets to launch satellites from a spaceport near Tongue in Sutherland next year.

The custom-made 12-tonne printer is to be used for manufacturing parts, including small rocket engines, at a site in Forres.

Orbex said that as many as 35 engines could be printed a year.

They would be fitted to 19m (62ft) long rockets designed to deliver satellites into polar orbits around the Earth.

Orbex said the 3D printing system would produce components using a blend of metals, including titanium and aluminium, to create a "lightweight system designed to withstand the temperature and pressure extremes of spaceflight".

Engines would be made as a single piece, which Orbex said would eliminate the weaknesses that can arise from joining and welding.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

13 hours ago, Gromnir said:

"It may be difficult to believe, but per the Guinness Book of World Records, Klingon is the most widely spoken fictional language in the world. "

other than elvish, or perhaps australian, we couldn't think o' a likely challenger to the klingon guinness title, so not a surprise at all.

and don't tell us australians predominant speak english. have listened to a group o' australians speaking more than a few times and we need a freaking translator as often as not.

HA! Good Fun!

Here, let me help you 😝

https://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

NYPD testing robot dog

I have to say I knew it wouldn’t be this but I was kind of hoping that it would be this.

image.jpeg.983189d2568bce4682397ce1bf5b58d2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thomas Sowell

That looks too friendly for anything the NYPD would touch, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

“The men turned away and went toward Sodom,but Abraham remained standing before the Lord. Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”

Genesis 18: 22-27 NIV. 

well as it turned out Abraham couldn’t even find 10 righteous men in Sodom. But it looks like Harrison Arkansas has at least one. The girl that gave him the note.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

Thomas Sowell

One bright spot was the speech the hick at 1:41 was trying to give while driving by, got a good laugh out of that.   Probably not a totally fair view of the town, but if people feel emboldened enough to say crap like that - here in Toronto, they'd have the courtesy to go home and post about it on Twitter - it's not a really good look.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

Damn, that was hard to watch.

Yeah, she got your and you're wrong on the note. Twice. Plus the guy who edited the video did so too, but just once.

:p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Kind of ignores that evil can come from without though.