Weird, random, interesting - now with 100% less diacriticals

Amentep

58 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Honestly man, sometimes I think you should have Ron Swanson as your avatar 😄

LOL I had to look that one up. I had no idea who that was. But he DOES sound like me! :lol:

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Anyone remember the exploding whale in Fallout (or was it Fallout2)?

This is the original

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

128864566_3505715059471624_6326643239235

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On 11/19/2020 at 12:00 PM, Gfted1 said:

Collapsed today - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arecibo-observatory-radio-telescope-puerto-rico-collapses/

?uuid=e4a846af-2950-5f00-99ca-4a3d824a79

Edited by Malcador
  • Sad 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He should have played Max Payne.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Forbes - Imax private theatre is the best 400k you'll never spend

IMAX's Private Theatre division is now something that exists, and they spell 'theater' with an 'e' just in case you didn't think they were special enough. For a mere $400K you can have dual 4K 2D/3D projectors, a proprietary IMAX sound system and a media playback system. Plug in whatever gaming system you want, kill monsters on the 10 foot tall screen with 17 (it includes an 18 seat viewing area) of your closest friends. This is the 'Palais' model. If that isn't enough for you, throw caution to the wind and get ready for the 'Platinum' room.

The IMAX Platinum home theatre will run you a mere $1 million dollars, but provides space for 40 people instead of 18. I don't know what your house looks like, but if you've already set up a space for yourself to play VR games, this is the next logical step right? The only question will be if you will be going with a Greek columns theme or the timeless classic Scottish Castle.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

https://www.jpost.com/omg/former-israeli-space-security-chief-says-aliens-exist-humanity-not-ready-651405

Well that at least explains why all of ESA's Mars landing missions keep failing. They're shot down by a Galactic Federation/United States joint military venture.

😄

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I think this is pretty common with all contractual employees. It tends to look a bit more stark, since teachers make very little pay given their level of education and societal impact, but that is one of the costs of moving away from an hourly wage system. Of course, not having to clock in and out, and having a goal oriented job instead of simply putting in the hours are big pluses. Basically I'm very happy having a contract, I'm plenty happy to go above and beyond that contract to meet the needs of the job, but I'd really like that contract to pay better. 

• Like 2