Weird, random, interesting - now with 100% less diacriticals

Amentep

My nomination for the coolest desk lamp of September goes to:

fca62b35aa23812f40a44fd3e7d79a66.jpg

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is wonder how this would affect other websites. For example I sometimes simply use my fb login on other sites, simply because I'm too lazy to create an account for something that I likely only need once.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://io9.gizmodo.com/battlestar-galactica-star-michael-hogan-needs-our-help-1845133658

Earlier this year Michael Hogan, best known for playing Colonel Saul Tigh on Battlestar Galactica, had an accident that left him completely paralyzed on his left side. This happened in February, after a Battlestar Galactica convention, and things only got worse a few weeks later when the covid-19 pandemic began. Now, Hogan’s wife, Susan, and family friend Shari Ulrich have started a GoFundMe to help with his medical expenses.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Guest The Architect

I can see the cinematic potential for this—Mapuchetes, starring Danny Trejo, directed by mad Mel Gibson. Credit to Reddit for the name and lead star idea. Someone in the thread suggested Danny DeVito as Galvarino. Why not? I believe in the power of the magnum dong.

Untitled.png

have you heard that Micro$oft has bought Zenimax media with all its subsidiaries like Bethesda, id, Arkane etc?

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

16 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Very very boring American stuff not much people would be interested in but I'm a boring American so I thought it was pretty good.

I have almost zero interest in the topics this guy seems to cover, but his voice and presentation style is intelligent, comprehensive and for some strange reason rather soothing. To the point you watch/listen a lot longer than you expect for a topic you have no investment in. If all my teachers had sounded like that I might've been a better student.  😛

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mark Twain once re-wrote the Battle Hymn of the Republic.  I like the last verse.

Mine eyes have seen the orgy of the launching of the Sword;
He is searching out the hoardings where the stranger's wealth is stored;
He hath loosed his fateful lightnings, and with woe and death has scored;
His lust is marching on.

I have seen him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps;
They have builded him an altar in the Eastern dews and damps;
I have read his doomful mission by the dim and flaring lamps—
His night is marching on.

I have read his bandit gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
"As ye deal with my pretensions, so with you my wrath shall deal;
Let the faithless son of Freedom crush the patriot with his heel;
Lo, Greed is marching on!"

We have legalized the strumpet and are guarding her retreat;*
Greed is seeking out commercial souls before his judgement seat;
O, be swift, ye clods, to answer him! be jubilant my feet!
Our god is marching on!

In a sordid slime harmonious Greed was born in yonder ditch,
With a longing in his bosom—and for others' goods an itch.
As Christ died to make men holy, let men die to make us rich—
Our god is marching on.

Edited by Malcador
For some reason it bundled my trailing comment in the quote.
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 9/25/2020 at 1:43 PM, Skazz said:

And then he got featured in a horrible Star Trek two-parter. 😔

it's all star trek. old (and paunchy) shatner portrayed twain in a canadian show. never saw the episode or the show, but am recalling an article title we misread which made it sound intriguing. 

'Murdoch Mysteries' season 9 episode 2 watch online: William Shatner's Mark Twain gets death threats

the news shatner's twain portrayal were getting death threats grabbed our attention... then we realized our reading fail. 

accuse us o' fat shaming if you wish, but clips o' shatner's twain reminded us o' wilford brimley... a noticeably sweaty wilford brimley. sure, there were a kinda highway accident rubberneck impulse which made us curious to see shatner as twain, but not enough get us to actual watch the episode.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I've seen the episode.  Shatner is Shatner, regardless of who he's playing, as I recall.  It was 3 seasons ago, so...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

18 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Damn, this could be us.

Our sun is too small to supernova. Instead, in 4-5 billion years the sun will turn into a red giant, its outer layer will swell up and either engulf the Earth, destroying it, or stop a bit short burning off the atmosphere and vaporizing everything on the surface. 

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks