Unreachable lost materials/resources

Hey can you sort out the lost materials by having them auto delete if the session ends and it's not stored in the relevant storage containers/pallets

Have sooo many grass planks and other materials stuck falling through the world in rocks in the ground there are a few bottomless pits in the world at the moment I'm sure it would help with stability and loading times if non properly stored item were deleted on logout. If you want to keep the cut grass have it on the pallets etc etc at the min there is no need for pallets as can just build a 3 length platform wall either side and store hundreds in the one area. Thanks for the game too guys spot on looking forward to full release and on series x ssd tech 

you can get the planks out of rocks and hills,  i've yet to have one stuck that isn't accessible.  and no, i'd not like to have the planks i've chopped down and left to gather later disappear.

Yes the pallets are needed, sure you can store lots more contained in walls, until you or a bug wanders in there and you have a plank explosion.  they'll just walk over the pallets without disturbing them.  I'd like to see the pallets be able to hold more layers.

Xbox One X

You cannot get to the planks fallen into the map rocks or ground as there isn't anything to highlight too pick up and my base is impossible to be attack were I'm situated until we maybe get bees or mosquitos that can reach inturn making it so nothing can be disturbed and after a while the map will be soo cluttered itl break the game so yes it f oes need maybe a monthly empty with each update as well as bug respawns. And pallets are pointless might as well remove them if that's the way you think. If loose stuff was deleted it would make the player build the proper containers and play the game how it is meant to be played unless there are consequences for leaving loose stuff around people won't use them when they start building properly (can't be touched by land dwelling bugs) there is no ground foundation for them to get up into the bases 

Slow down, relax, punctuate :) 

44 minutes ago, Steve616 said:

You cannot get to the planks fallen into the map rocks or ground as there isn't anything to highlight too pick up

again, i've never had this happen, but if you have that sucks.  it's a bug they'll need to fix. 

46 minutes ago, Steve616 said:

my base is impossible to be attack were I'm situated until we maybe get bees or mosquitos that can reach inturn making it so nothing can be disturbed and after a while the map will be soo cluttered itl break the game

Why change the game for everyone based on how you chose to play?  this can be easily mitigated by learning resource management.  Your map would only be cluttered like this if you allowed it.  No need for a timer for this reason, like your parents probably tell or told you, pick up after yourself.

51 minutes ago, Steve616 said:

If loose stuff was deleted it would make the player build the proper containers

like the pallets you said in the sentence (and post) before this one there's no need for....  🤦‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Steve616 said:

play the game how it is meant to be played

and how you want it to be played isn't how everyone else that plays wants it.  Obsidian has to make the decision what would benefit everyone, or the largest majority of players (cause you can't please everyone no matter what you do) and my opinion above, and still is, this isn't the way to do it.

Xbox One X

It's not how I want it to be played its how we also I'm not the only one in my sessions problems with limted capacity stop from picking up after you as you say and in some circumstances isn't possible due to glitching or other means. A simple reset on logout or when they update would solve any issues of non spawning bugs and resources and I said previously there isn't any point in pallets etc when there not needed and are only wasting the resources in building them. Until a consequence of something like loose gear will be reset removed gives people the incentive to use them as obsidian means too. If they didn't want people to use them they wouldn't of coded them. Anyways we have a difference of opinion and no matter how you look at it I'm entitled to voice  it same as yourself. Without the sly I'm only thinking of myself comment you made. The whole point in this forum is to give suggestions and or feedback. The reset of loose gear is my opinion. 

Carry a stack and attempt to walk through the deep(er) water.  You cannot retrieve items which sink, the game gives you an "inventory full".  Same if farming and they fall into certain areas which would you would normally swim.

The building UI is "buggy" and you can set a blueprint where it cannot be reached to dismantle.

• Like 1

Yeah I’m ok if I lose resources I can easily regain but I lost a mint axe some how by placing one on a weapon rack and then replaced it with an ant axe and it disappeared and now I don’t have any more mints if I wanted a 4th person to play with they wouldn’t be able to have one. 

Have you tried recycle 

1 hour ago, Imganjasmokeyou said:

Yeah I’m ok if I lose resources I can easily regain but I lost a mint axe some how by placing one on a weapon rack and then replaced it with an ant axe and it disappeared and now I don’t have any more mints if I wanted a 4th person to play with they wouldn’t be able to have one. 

Have you tried recycle I read a bug of stuff like armour etc being invisible and will drop show if recycle the dummy /rack I've not had a problem in that area so dunno how much truth in it. Worth a try.