Interview with Adam Brennecke (Game Director)

Posting this here as the interview covers a lot of threads I've read under this category.

Some things covered or hinted at during the interview:

• Equipment no longer taking up inventory slots.
  • Shared/dedicated servers
  • Dungeons / boss battles
  • Additional ways to travel around the world
  • World changing events
  • Road map coming
  • Improvement to combat
  • Interaction with items (sitting on chairs)
  • Naming saved games files

If it's already been posted, sorry but didn't show after a quick search.

Edited by Tartansnake
Providing more details
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed the interview and Adam seems like a very likeable person.  One thing he did mention in the interview is a new insect that has not been leaked, so I'll be looking out for that one on 27.  😍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tecknotot said:

I really enjoyed the interview and Adam seems like a very likeable person.  One thing he did mention in the interview is a new insect that has not been leaked, so I'll be looking out for that one on 27.  😍

agreed.  I'm interested to see, since he said taming is not being considered for the near future, what the other types of transportation he mentioned will be.

Xbox One X

30 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

agreed.  I'm interested to see, since he said taming is not being considered for the near future, what the other types of transportation he mentioned will be.

Im glad taming is not going to be included because it doesnt seem realistic to me.  I just tell those that want taming to play ARK. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tecknotot said:

Im glad taming is not going to be included because it doesnt seem realistic to me.  I just tell those that want taming to play ARK. 😂

Ditto that!

however i'd like to use the carrot on a stick, to steal the term from minecraft, and make ants into pack mules for a short time.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

1 minute ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Ditto that!

however i'd like to use the carrot on a stick, to steal the term from minecraft, and make ants into pack mules for a short time.

That is already in the game sort of.  I seen people draw insects into a corral and boxed them in. 😂  I seen others drop a weevil nose/spoiled meat near ants to draw them.

yeah but that really has no purpose yet.  I'd like to have a saddle and platform you can build and place on an ant, then ride it and direct it with the carrot, or in our case a hotdog piece or other food item they like.  

but then we'd have to have a way to keep them in place, wouldn't do much good to ride them to the weed, for example, you want to harvest and then have to chase them around to put the stems on their back.

• Haha 1

Xbox One X

17 hours ago, tecknotot said:

I’m hoping the new creature clears up some of the loose items around the world. Maybe a caterpillar that eats grass planks not stored on pallets.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tartansnake said:

I’m hoping the new creature clears up some of the loose items around the world. Maybe a caterpillar that eats grass planks not stored on pallets.

that might be better than a timer on loose items, until you get to the guys that store planks and stems loose inside 3 wall "storage bins"  they might get upset if all their stash gets eaten 🤣

• Haha 1

Xbox One X

@McSquirl Nugget - I'd love to see the world deal with loose items rather then just fading away. Food items eaten by other bugs, stems/grass could be eaten or taken to make nests, grass items could change to dry grass after a few days before shrivelling away. Getting carried away here but a squirrel to collect the acorns 🐿️

Ants are the only bugs I've notice to do anything like this so far.

At the moment storage pallets aren't that valuable as loose items stay forever and I see many players not using them because of this. This would change if you lost items/supplies not correctly stored. Maybe there could be grade 2 pallets that requires more/different resources and stack more.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tartansnake said:

@McSquirl Nugget - I'd love to see the world deal with loose items rather then just fading away. Food items eaten by other bugs, stems/grass could be eaten or taken to make nests, grass items could change to dry grass after a few days before shrivelling away. Getting carried away here but a squirrel to collect the acorns 🐿️

Ants are the only bugs I've notice to do anything like this so far.

At the moment storage pallets aren't that valuable as loose items stay forever and I see many players not using them because of this. This would change if you lost items/supplies not correctly stored. Maybe there could be grade 2 pallets that requires more/different resources and stack more.

Weevils do it too.  I seen one doing something with spoiled meat.  I seen spiders fight a bombardier beetle. I also seen the gnats pick up nectar and pollen in their mouths.

• Like 1

I think they carry grub goop also, saw one flying out of my base with a black bag, killed it and it had goop, also found 2 more goop in the little bags down the path a bit.  Not sure how they got it, i've never seen them loot a chest like ants,  must have been ants and the gnat just picked it up?

Xbox One X