Deleted blueprints destroying nearby structures

A running problem with the way the blueprint system works right now is that a new, unbuilt blueprint will "attach" itself to nearby built structures.

It is *incredibly* frustrating when I set a blueprint down to see how it looks, decide I don't like it, and cancel it, causing every single already built object touching it to recycle, sometimes causing a chain reaction that leaves huge damage to my structures.

Because of my base's location and the fact weeds don't respawn, stems are a bit of a pain to import to my location, but I am constantly having to rebuild chunks my fully completed palisade wall because I put a blueprint near it and cancelled it. This has set me back hours on construction projects repairing damage caused by things that haven't even been built yet.

Edited by AcousticColors
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AcousticColors said:

A running problem with the way the blueprint system works right now is that a new, unbuilt blueprint will "attach" itself to nearby built structures.

It is *incredibly* frustrating when I set a blueprint down to see how it looks, decide I don't like it, and cancel it, causing every single already built object touching it to recycle, sometimes causing a chain reaction that leaves huge damage to my structures.

Because of my base's location and the fact weeds don't respawn, stems are a bit of a pain to import to my location, but I am constantly having to rebuild chunks my fully completed palisade wall because I put a blueprint near it and cancelled it. This has set me back hours on construction projects repairing damage caused by things that haven't even been built yet.

weird,  i haven't had this happen.  

Xbox One X

29 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

weird,  i haven't had this happen.  

I just did a quick test. I reproduced the bug a couple times with grass walls, but they largely seemed resistent to it. However, I was able to reproduce it 100% of the time when using Palisade walls.

Edit: Seems much more likely to occur if the already built wall is not touching the ground.

Edited by AcousticColors
Added a clarifying factor

5 minutes ago, AcousticColors said:

I just did a quick test. I reproduced the bug a couple times with grass walls, but they largely seemed resistent to it. However, I was able to reproduce it 100% of the time when using Palisade walls.

Edit: Seems much more likely to occur if the already built wall is not touching the ground.

ah that would be why,  i haven't purchased the fortress builds yet from Burg-l.  i've built countless grass plank and weed stem walls without this issue.

Xbox One X

2 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

ah that would be why,  i haven't purchased the fortress builds yet from Burg-l.  i've built countless grass plank and weed stem walls without this issue.

Ah, my friend and I had those on the first day. We've built a massive, walled off, four story fortress over by the pond, complete with multi-level wall walks, towers, medieval style turrets, a huge covered patio leading down to a dock... There's even a full size basketball court made with grass and clay.

13 hours ago, AcousticColors said:

This happens to me too and I notice it happens more so with palisade walls.  I will recycle one palisade wall and the wall next to it also gets recycled.  Bug report was already sent and dev team has acknowledged it.

17 hours ago, AcousticColors said:

Ah, my friend and I had those on the first day. We've built a massive, walled off, four story fortress over by the pond, complete with multi-level wall walks, towers, medieval style turrets, a huge covered patio leading down to a dock... There's even a full size basketball court made with grass and clay.

Nice!  i'm behind on the building,  i spent my points so far for the other items, torch, raw science indicator, and multiple level buildings so far.  half way there to get 5k building plans.  i've been having fun learning and exploring.  and dying from wolf spiders trying to get their fangs.  lots of dying :)

Xbox One X

4 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

dying from wolf spiders trying to get their fangs.  lots of dying :)

Lady bug armor, mint mallet ... practice blocking on orb-weavers.  Do not attempt more than one strike after a block.

2 hours ago, zariok said:

Lady bug armor, mint mallet ... practice blocking on orb-weavers.  Do not attempt more than one strike after a block.

I just run around the bugs in A circle because once they lock into you for a hit your already out of the way. Ps I have also accidentally deleted walls when I delete blueprints glitch. 

On 8/17/2020 at 3:36 PM, AcousticColors said:

Yeah this was reported.  I have that problem too but it seems to affect palisade walls.