building upgrades

2 hours ago, GarryE said:

It would be nice if you were able , for instance, to upgrade a plain grass plank wall to a sturdy wall without deconstructing the existing and only adding the missing components.

in this case there is no existing components as grass and sturdy wall have nothing in common for components.  you'd have to demolish and rebuild.

I get what you're saying though, maybe that'll happen in a future update if we get like a clay wall that uses weed stems, upgrade the sturdy wall to the clay wall just by adding the clay, etc.  

Xbox One X

31 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

in this case there is no existing components as grass and sturdy wall have nothing in common for components.  you'd have to demolish and rebuild.

The Grass Wall and Sturdy Wall both require 4 grass planks but sturdy also requires 1 weed stem.  The Stem Wall doesn't use grass planks.

I'd like to see this added it'd be a nice QoL improvement. Maybe via an Upgrade Tool, like the Repair Tool but for upgrades.

6 minutes ago, Narikai said:

The Grass Wall and Sturdy Wall both require 4 grass planks but sturdy also requires 1 weed stem.  The Stem Wall doesn't use grass planks.

I'd like to see this added it'd be a nice QoL improvement. Maybe via an Upgrade Tool, like the Repair Tool but for upgrades.

ah thanks for correcting me, i must have skipped over building the sturdy wall and went to the stem wall, 

Xbox One X

They sturdy wall with and without windows are in the 5000 raw science option. You need to find a certain chip somewhere to unlock it lol

(Trying to keep my response spoiler free lite)

If you guys want a really cool building combo, use the palisades walls (8 weed stems 2 woven fiber ) on the main floor, and put the reinforced window wall above it (4 grass 1 weed stem) 

The reinforced wall sits inside the palisade and the windows are just above the sharp tops of the stems, it gives it a really cool "castle" effect and still allows you to see out the windows without obstruction.

I do agree with OP tho, upgrading the basic grass to reinforced would be much easier, and more enjoyable. In the games current state, recycling a wall can end up taking out multiple walls around it even if attached and secured.

Edited by Rooks Nemesis