Ok... this is a fun game.  Until!!!  I leave and come back.  I have to start over from the beginning EVERY TIME!  That is NOT fun at all!   I asked Microsoft for a refund... a refund was offered... and within their 14 day period... and I am being told I am STUCK with this game and NO refund will be given.

So... How long will my 29.99 be tied up until I can actually enjoy this game?  This isn't just a bug... game saving should have been the 1st thing that was working properly before charging for this game.

Well, since I am stuck with this.... How long before this issue is fixed?  I cannot even toss this disk in the shredder since it was an electronic download.... SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

Thanks.

PS - another thing that would be nice is to manual save... every time I try it tells me saving in another process... no way to turn that off... not that it is saving anyway... but that would be a nice addition :)

Edited by Michelle Brooks

What system are you running? Just wondering since I play on both Xbox One X and PC and haven't had this issue. PC setup is not that great, i5 with 8GB ram and GT 730 graphics

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JayBlaze said:

What system are you running? Just wondering since I play on both Xbox One X and PC and haven't had this issue. PC setup is not that great, i5 with 8GB ram and GT 730 graphics

I have 2 xbox, one 1st gen and one x model.  It saved one time...  that was it.  Microsoft is refusing to refund so I am stuck till fixed. :(  It is a fun game, i hope there is a resolve for this.

I don't understand the problem is it that you can't save or is it that your game resets upon loading? For the first one maybe you should check to see if your save files are full that will prevent you from making additional saves.  If the problem is that your progress keeps resetting then I'm stuck on this boat as well.  What works for me though is using my PC because on PC your saves will be given a screenshot preview unlike the xbox.  on the PC I notice that my saves that reset usually have a screenshot of a white screen. When I load those saves my game fully resets apart for my inventory, but if you can manage to see a screenshot of what you were last looking @ before you saved then a good chance is it will work.  You don't need a great pc either really just something to load the game and check the screenshot preview on the save.

23 minutes ago, dvsnathan said:

I don't understand the problem is it that you can't save or is it that your game resets upon loading? For the first one maybe you should check to see if your save files are full that will prevent you from making additional saves.  If the problem is that your progress keeps resetting then I'm stuck on this boat as well.  What works for me though is using my PC because on PC your saves will be given a screenshot preview unlike the xbox.  on the PC I notice that my saves that reset usually have a screenshot of a white screen. When I load those saves my game fully resets apart for my inventory, but if you can manage to see a screenshot of what you were last looking @ before you saved then a good chance is it will work.  You don't need a great pc either really just something to load the game and check the screenshot preview on the save.

There are no saves at all... none... 1 time.. that is it.  I have to start from nothing every time. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game... played for an hour... built a house, and stuff... was getting the "auto save" on the left side from time to time... exit the game... tells me it's going to save... i agree.  I go out to smoke, come back, and there NO SAVED games.  None... nothing!  Where are these being saved?  The game is not reading the location if they are being saved.

Please help, I do like this game and would love to play it but I do not want to start over every single time I play... I cannot get very far this way.

Is there any other type of technical support that is faster?  I would really like to get this fixed and enjoy the game.  I mean we paid 29.99 to basically do your job in beta testing... If others are not having this issue, why is it just me on my 2 xboxes?  None of my other games have this issue and I have 149 games in my library.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

4 hours ago, Michelle Brooks said:

Is there any other type of technical support that is faster?  I would really like to get this fixed and enjoy the game.  I mean we paid 29.99 to basically do your job in beta testing... If others are not having this issue, why is it just me on my 2 xboxes?  None of my other games have this issue and I have 149 games in my library.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I completely agree but this type of response will only get a condescending remark from the community here trust me I practically said the same thing lol.  We are getting a major update on the 27th so hopefully If we can't find a solution now maybe it'll be fixed by then.  This seems to be an issue with the cloud and unfortunately I do not know of any fixes atm.  This could be a long shot but perhaps try resetting your router and modem? 

4 hours ago, dvsnathan said:

I completely agree but this type of response will only get a condescending remark from the community here trust me I practically said the same thing lol.  We are getting a major update on the 27th so hopefully If we can't find a solution now maybe it'll be fixed by then.  This seems to be an issue with the cloud and unfortunately I do not know of any fixes atm.  This could be a long shot but perhaps try resetting your router and modem? 

Thank you!  Fingers crossed on the update and I will try resetting the router and see if that does anything.  It really is frustrating... always having to start from the beginning and lose everything you have built.  I really hope this can be resolved.

Believe me I know how frustrating it can be especially if you've put countless hours into the game you won't back.  Let me know if this worked if not I'll try to think of something it's just a little tricky because the cloud also includes the internet at this point and not just the game.

On 8/17/2020 at 4:18 AM, Michelle Brooks said:

Ok... this is a fun game.  Until!!!  I leave and come back.  I have to start over from the beginning EVERY TIME!  That is NOT fun at all!   I asked Microsoft for a refund... a refund was offered... and within their 14 day period... and I am being told I am STUCK with this game and NO refund will be given.

So... How long will my 29.99 be tied up until I can actually enjoy this game?  This isn't just a bug... game saving should have been the 1st thing that was working properly before charging for this game.

Well, since I am stuck with this.... How long before this issue is fixed?  I cannot even toss this disk in the shredder since it was an electronic download.... SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

Thanks.

PS - another thing that would be nice is to manual save... every time I try it tells me saving in another process... no way to turn that off... not that it is saving anyway... but that would be a nice addition :)

I play on PC and do not have this issue at all.  What kind of hard drive is your game installed on?  Maybe the files are corrupt?

Here is an update....

I got into the game last night before resetting anything... there was 1 saved game.  NOT the last game I played and saved.... but one that was an older save.  Like before I started 2-3 new games.  None of those are there.

At least it was some progress... all my backpacks where i died are all there... my house, and other things were there....

So I guess the game is saving... just might not be saving properly and not reading the saved games properly.

That was sooo strange to see the older save... but good to see something.  At least I know why microsoft refused the refund... they might see the saved games I cannot.... Hope this gets resolved soon.  :)

Further Update....

So, today I go to play, there is a saved game... WOO HOO!!!  Nope!.... save date 9/8/2020 7:28 PM.  Basically the same save I started with last night and played with for a couple of hours.  ALL that progress GONE! :(

Another Update:

So yesterday i was able to play, the game saved and I was able to start where I left off.  This was on the XBOX One X....

I go to play a little before bed on the other XBOX One (1st gen)... guess what... NO SAVED GAMES!!!  I wake up this morning and try the game on the 1st gen xbox and they are there this morning. WTF?????   This is crazy... log into a game... will I have saved games?  will I start from the beginning again?  If nothing else... that is suspenseful... is this part of the game experience?  LMAO.

At least it is good to see that my saves are there... now if I can just access them with some regularity life will be great! :)

On 8/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, dvsnathan said:

Probably won't help now, but one thing I did was decrease the number of autosaves the game makes, as well as make it take longer between saves. This was because the game was creating too many saves (in my opinion) and I haven't had an issue with saves since the update. I did log in a time or two where my saves weren't showing, but I just "x'd out" and restarted and they were there again.

6 hours ago, JayBlaze said:

Probably won't help now, but one thing I did was decrease the number of autosaves the game makes, as well as make it take longer between saves. This was because the game was creating too many saves (in my opinion) and I haven't had an issue with saves since the update. I did log in a time or two where my saves weren't showing, but I just "x'd out" and restarted and they were there again.

One thing that really helped me was cleaning up my server. If you have a very messy server with lots of planks and other dropped items then get rid of them all.  I noticed my manual saves now are actually saving since I've done it.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2020 at 5:56 AM, Michelle Brooks said:

Having all kinds of saving issues... 2 xboxes, one has saves... the other does not.  Cleared all local saved data, pulled my info from the cloud.... still no saves on the 1st gen xbox.  The xbox one x will show saved games.  Some progress.... LOL

Apologies for the late reply, but I also noticed a similar issue. I started my journey of Grounded with my Xbox One X, but a few days later, I decided to give the PC version a shot to see how well my i5 would perform. When I started the game, the saves from my Xbox weren't showing up. I started a new game on PC, played a while and then saved. When I went back to my Xbox, I saw the saves from my PC. I went back to PC and the Xbox saves were there. I haven't played on PC since the latest update, so I am unsure if the (current) saves match or not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, JayBlaze said:

Apologies for the late reply, but I also noticed a similar issue. I started my journey of Grounded with my Xbox One X, but a few days later, I decided to give the PC version a shot to see how well my i5 would perform. When I started the game, the saves from my Xbox weren't showing up. I started a new game on PC, played a while and then saved. When I went back to my Xbox, I saw the saves from my PC. I went back to PC and the Xbox saves were there. I haven't played on PC since the latest update, so I am unsure if the (current) saves match or not.

The save issues on the X model seem to have cleared up but still having issues with the regular xbox.   How I get around this is to clear all reserved space and local saved data.  When the game loads, it will pull all saved data from the cloud and your saves will show up.  I do not have the PC version so I do not know if there is an option for this.  My purchase was suppose to include a copy for both the PC and XBOX but keeps asking for a payment when I try to download through the microsoft store.  Gotta love it LOL.  The issue now is that I have to log in twice for that fix to work.... even deleting  before i try to play for the 1st time, I still have to delete again and it will work on the 2nd try... sometimes it takes 3 times... annoying as hell since it is a slow loading game.

On 8/17/2020 at 4:18 AM, Michelle Brooks said:

Thanks.

Have you tried saving the most current save that you can get into and some autosaves then deleting the rest?  I think theres a limit to how many saves you can save.

10 hours ago, tecknotot said:

Have you tried saving the most current save that you can get into and some autosaves then deleting the rest?  I think theres a limit to how many saves you can save.

256mb i think it is, but they upped that in a previous patch to 1gb if my memory is working.  you have to uninstall/reinstall the game for that save file allocation update.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

On the Xbox one X I am not having issues anymore... however the 1st gen that I have there are still a few.   I have to load the game 2-3 times to get the data to read proper.  Even if I clear out reserved space and local saves and re-pull them from the cloud, it still takes 2-3 times logging in to get it to work.  Again, this is only on the 1st gen xbox.

I have recently downloaded a copy for the PC and I have to say.... 1000 times better than the Xbox.  I was making a skywalk in the game above the grass and bogged down the Xbox One X.  There was a 2 sec delay to lay a piece of floor.  On the PC, almost instant.  I have an 8th gen i5 processor,  64gig ram, radeon graphic card with 8 gig ram on it. Only downside is that it really works my processor fan.  Wonder if they are gearing this game for the new System X.... which they should warn since this game is too intense for the older systems they advertise them for.

6 hours ago, Michelle Brooks said:

On the Xbox one X I am not having issues anymore... however the 1st gen that I have there are still a few.   I have to load the game 2-3 times to get the data to read proper.  Even if I clear out reserved space and local saves and re-pull them from the cloud, it still takes 2-3 times logging in to get it to work.  Again, this is only on the 1st gen xbox.

I have recently downloaded a copy for the PC and I have to say.... 1000 times better than the Xbox.  I was making a skywalk in the game above the grass and bogged down the Xbox One X.  There was a 2 sec delay to lay a piece of floor.  On the PC, almost instant.  I have an 8th gen i5 processor,  64gig ram, radeon graphic card with 8 gig ram on it. Only downside is that it really works my processor fan.  Wonder if they are gearing this game for the new System X.... which they should warn since this game is too intense for the older systems they advertise them for.

read through this thread again.  you said you had 149 games in your library.  Makes me wonder if you're short on disk space now and that's causing the save issues?  Needs 1gb for the save files now (changed in a previous patch from 256mb).

I seriously doubt this is geared for the Series X, it plays flawlessly on the Xbox One X.  other than the ant spawns you have to clear out every couple days in game :)

Xbox One X