Maple key whirley-gig, Spinneret hook and Acorn top pulleys

-The "Maple key whirley-gig" works kind of like a helicopter but not massively over powered, basically it works like a double jump with a longer glide then the dandelion tuft. The second "jump" comes from a set of bellows your character squeezes to launch you higher before you casually glide to where ever, unlike the tuft tho, its more of a horizontal glide. The upgraded version would add a secondary maple key and bigger bellows adding a 3rd "jump" so as you start to descend you can tap again to gain more altitude and a longer flight time.. Maybe have it so the bellows can refill for continuos flight?material wise, berry leather for the bellows, maple keys, sprigs etc. More of a mid to late game for the upgraded one.. Maybe hide it behind a Burg.l chip?

-"Acorn top pulleys" or elevator, the building schematic would look like a double or triple high scaffolding when placed, pulleys at the top with a vine like cord coming down to the main floor. By clicking on the cord the platform would rise to either the next floor up or just the top floor depending on where floor tiles are connected. By stacking them you get a higher lift. Obviously material heavy.. 12 or more weed stems, sap, spider webs etc..

- Spider armor tweak. Seeing as the wolf spider has 2 fangs, While wearing a full set of the spider armor allow us to possibly dual wield ONLY the spider fang daggers.

-"Spinneret hook and reel" After my kids falling off the branches in the hedges for the 40th time I thought this up lol. A set of ant mandibles attached to spider silk and a reel. As your running around you can clamp it down onto the environment and toss down the line. Now the second piece (seperate?) to the equipment would be the reel aka the Spinneret, just run up to the line and reel yourself up and down. You can leave the line there for later use or spool it back up to use later :).

- the Pill bug. 

Now I know people have been requesting mounts like crazy but I would like to throw this insect into the mix. NOT as a mount but more of a pack mule. This insect would be bigger then the the lady bug but just as docile and friendly unless provoked. After befriending these armored armadillo like critters you can strap a chest and a bigger pallet variant to its back. Allowing it to carry a small amount of loot PLUS upwards of 16 weed stems or grass tiles. BUT if its attacked and dealt a lethal blow instead of dieng it would dump the weed stems/grass and curl up into the ball, keeping it alive until you can save it or its health builds back up enough. Back at home it would stay at a buildable trough and eat/sleep.

Let me know what you guys think please!!

Edited by Rooks Nemesis
  • Like 1

was going to add the acorn top to my post of ideas as a dumb waiter type, the top only has 2 uses (that i've found) and it always seems like a waste when i'm collecting shells to discard all the tops.  I like the elevator idea also, would need a counterweight though, so my idea for the rope net filled with pebblets would work as that.  Rope being made from combined woven fibers. 

I've got grappling hook in my list.  i like this idea though,  clamp the rope to a spot and repel down for future easy access.  Would make getting to the field lab and hte bird bath at the berry bush much easier to access.

Xbox One X

3 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

was going to add the acorn top to my post of ideas as a dumb waiter type, the top only has 2 uses (that i've found) and it always seems like a waste when i'm collecting shells to discard all the tops.  I like the elevator idea also, would need a counterweight though, so my idea for the rope net filled with pebblets would work as that.  Rope being made from combined woven fibers. 

I've got grappling hook in my list.  i like this idea though,  clamp the rope to a spot and repel down for future easy access.  Would make getting to the field lab and hte bird bath at the berry bush much easier to access.

My point exactly lol. I love the idea of a grapple hook, BUT having the ability to just scale and bypass obstacles or puzzle like the hedges would be a shame.. With just using a line of sorts would be the compromise.

Plus the name spinneret and reeling yourself up and down, to me fit the over all feel of the game :)

and for the elevator idea, I was thinking more or less having the line/rope attached to the 4 corners of the platform, then tied together and looped over the acorn top pulleys. You just pull the rope either up or down to traverse.. But I also love the idea of a pebblet counter weight.. 

this game has SO much potential, I would truly love to see some larger then life constructions tho!

Edited by Rooks Nemesis
  • Like 1