Friends inventory disappeared!

I am the host on an XBOX ONE S. When my friends log back in with me their backpack inventory is gone. This has happened 3 times to the same player. Once to another. Never to me as the host. I told them to start storing before logging out moving forward, but this is discouraging for them to lose high level armour after so much work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ryanne Rubin said:

I am the host on an XBOX ONE S. When my friends log back in with me their backpack inventory is gone. This has happened 3 times to the same player. Once to another. Never to me as the host. I told them to start storing before logging out moving forward, but this is discouraging for them to lose high level armour after so much work.

yeah this has happened to us too, I think its a known issue.  I told my friends to store all their stuff in a chest before logging off until its fixed.  Its 50/50 sometimes everything on me is there and sometimes its not.  This only happens in multi player.

Question on that though: Do you save the world first (with them logged in) or do they logout and then you save?
I don't have it on Xbox so I'm not sure if the manual save feature is there as well (I mean, it should be but you never know).

1 hour ago, Decent60 said:

Question on that though: Do you save the world first (with them logged in) or do they logout and then you save?
I don't have it on Xbox so I'm not sure if the manual save feature is there as well (I mean, it should be but you never know).

Same here on Win10, and I don't think that it does matter in which order you log out.
Anyway, the host must be able to play alone and his client(s) must still be able to relog in after he had some time of single play.
Imho, it's annoying enought that only the host can do so. I would gladly spend some €s/month to have a dedicated server where all of us could join or leave whenever we want.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Decent60 said:

I usually save first or we auto-save with the lean-to.

• Like 1