Has anyone else been having this problem? My home base is located on top of, and surrounding the juice box by the koi pond in the rose garden. I'm on a multiplayer server, but almost always am playing solo unless a friend joins in. System is Xbox One X. I'm on day 138 and quite frequently every few days I have to go to all the garden lights near my base and the water sprinkler by the birdbath and kill swarms of gnats because if you walk anywhere near there, the game starts lagging and sputters, freezing for 5 seconds at a time until you reduce the amount of gnats in game.

The same can be said about the ants, the soldiers keep respawning in the nest at unnatural levels and the game sputters and freezes when I get nearby until I like my way inside and kill them all. Thinking back, it all started after I killed the ants stuck in the rocks around the koi pond. There was about 15 or 20 worker ants stuck in one rock and that was my first time experiencing the lag, and now that they're dead and respawned in the nest, soldier ants keep respawning crazily now.  

TL/DR anyone else experiencing a lag from overpopulation of gnats and ants? It has become game crippling for me If I go too close to their locations.

never seen this happen in my game,  also xbox one x.  wonder if the base location is having an effect?  i left my base back by punch-o by the machine, but have shelters in all the major areas like the rose garden and the berry bush and whatnot.  

Xbox One X

1 hour ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

never seen this happen in my game,  also xbox one x.  wonder if the base location is having an effect?  i left my base back by punch-o by the machine, but have shelters in all the major areas like the rose garden and the berry bush and whatnot.  

Yeah I got a few major bases too, One out post is by the bird bath and one is underneath the hot dog container leaning against the pop can by the haze.

But yeah I don't know what the deal is, I also have you know deforested quite a bit and built a sky highway but I shouldn't have too much of it effect since everything grows back.

But now yeah the ants over populate and the gnats over populate

2 minutes ago, YooooooLago said:

yeah the nats hideout in the Light over there in the spider web. they pick up the nectar around there. If you shoot a gas arrow up there they will all die. there's tons hiding in that light.

Yeah that's what  my very first message said, I end up having to go over to the garden light every few nights and just using a gas arrow to kill them all cuz otherwise the games starts slagging badly

saw the gnats bunched up yesterday when i was playing,  10 or 12 of them but it was near the light at the oak tree for me.   killed them all, seemed to disperse them out so they were around the map again.  had 4 bugging me at my base a few in game days after that.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

On 8/16/2020 at 6:45 AM, SilentNinjaJG said:

Has anyone else been having this problem? My home base is located on top of, and surrounding the juice box by the koi pond in the rose garden. I'm on a multiplayer server, but almost always am playing solo unless a friend joins in. System is Xbox One X. I'm on day 138 and quite frequently every few days I have to go to all the garden lights near my base and the water sprinkler by the birdbath and kill swarms of gnats because if you walk anywhere near there, the game starts lagging and sputters, freezing for 5 seconds at a time until you reduce the amount of gnats in game.

The same can be said about the ants, the soldiers keep respawning in the nest at unnatural levels and the game sputters and freezes when I get nearby until I like my way inside and kill them all. Thinking back, it all started after I killed the ants stuck in the rocks around the koi pond. There was about 15 or 20 worker ants stuck in one rock and that was my first time experiencing the lag, and now that they're dead and respawned in the nest, soldier ants keep respawning crazily now.  

TL/DR anyone else experiencing a lag from overpopulation of gnats and ants? It has become game crippling for me If I go too close to their locations.

Yes, but no.

I had one time where there was like 20 gnats around the Battletoad,  and then after I killed them I am lucky to even find one any where now.