Recycle Planks / Weed stems

One reason im experiencing a ton of dropped frames is due to the abundance of grass planks I have all over the map that I can't get rid of.  This feature would be very beneficial for console users as we do not get anywhere near the same FPS as PC users do.  For example when I play on my original save, the PC  runs flawlessly even with my messy server.  Moment I go on my xbox I know for a fact I'm not even getting 60 fps.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I would like that as well. I play solo Online - Mild ( due to some issues before the patches, as i thought all the problems i had was because i played on Medium, though builded so much on Mild then, that i cant find the motivation to start over in Medium again ).

Everywhere i go, i see grass planks because i have to destroy grass every day, wherever i'm going. I also prefer unused grassplanks decaying faster, since the grass is growing back faster then it dissapears. To compensate that, i just build skybridges across the whole map to make use of the unused grassplanks.

Having so much unused grassplanks also causes the problem that when u sometimes jump or run over it, u get launched in the air like the Hulk is throwing u to the moon.

4 hours ago, Unrealistic_Dan said:

I would like that as well. I play solo Online - Mild ( due to some issues before the patches, as i thought all the problems i had was because i played on Medium, though builded so much on Mild then, that i cant find the motivation to start over in Medium again ).

Everywhere i go, i see grass planks because i have to destroy grass every day, wherever i'm going. I also prefer unused grassplanks decaying faster, since the grass is growing back faster then it dissapears. To compensate that, i just build skybridges across the whole map to make use of the unused grassplanks.

Having so much unused grassplanks also causes the problem that when u sometimes jump or run over it, u get launched in the air like the Hulk is throwing u to the moon.

the patch on 8/26 added a timer to remove items left in the game not in containers or pallets.

Curious why you have to destroy grass everywhere you go.  you can't walk around it?

I'd call this player action needed.  clean up your map like your mom told you as a kid with your room 😛  

• Haha 1

Xbox One X

On 9/4/2020 at 6:09 PM, McSquirl Nugget said:

the patch on 8/26 added a timer to remove items left in the game not in containers or pallets.

Curious why you have to destroy grass everywhere you go.  you can't walk around it?

I'd call this player action needed.  clean up your map like your mom told you as a kid with your room 😛  

Hahahaha, because i try to avoid all the annoying bugs, but all the grass grows trough my bridges, so i have to keep destroying it in order to walk on my bridges. Also traveling becomes much easier that way. It also saves me from running in certain areas by accident wich causes my game to lag so badly that im looking at screenshots until im able to run away from that area again.

Though, it seems the laggy area's keep changing, i guess it has to do with the massive amounts of larvas, ants and gnats that are running around here and there.

Edited by Unrealistic_Dan

4 hours ago, Unrealistic_Dan said:

Though, it seems the laggy area's keep changing, i guess it has to do with the massive amounts of larvas, ants and gnats that are running around here and there.

THIS is why I want a Population Slider for each bug type .... 
I want to be able to tell the game: I'm happy with THIS amount of (Gnats/Ants/Larvae) ..... I don't need 40K MORE

Yeah, decaying needs some tuning. While unused, not stored planks are lying around endlessly, just like spoiled meat and tuft etc., expensive crafted gear like feather arrows vanish after one sleep cycle. -- Before you ask: I had no chance virtually naked agains two wolf spiders at night in that terrain. 😉

Unrealistic_Dan has a point, we should see of Obsidian can implement a spawn inhibitor function that stops grass from regrowing if it would collide with a building.

It really shouldn't be hard to do, as long as it only checks once per spawn timer.