Playing With Phobias

Playing With Phobias  

5 members have voted

1. 1. With a game such as Grounded a near infinite amount of phobias could be triggered and make the game unplayable for some. What creature feature(s) could be altered to ensure the game is more phobia friendly?

• Funny Masks 🎭
    • Customisable Creature Skins
    • One Shot Mode
    • Big Head Mode
    • Cuddly Creature Mode 🧸
    • Confetti Death 🎉
    • Creatures w/ Human Voices
    • Nothing, I Fear EVERYTHING!!! 😱
    • Ha! Phobia? The Creatures Fear Me! 🦸‍♀️🦸‍♂️
    • Other...

14 hours ago, Narikai said:

Cuddly Creatures. Who could possibly be afraid of this lil fella: 

Lucas_the_Spider.jpg

anything that knows it's his food, or up to 3 times it's size :)  jumping spiders are the most advance spider in the world.

would be awesome to have jumping spiders too :)  Regal Jumper is my favorite, the black and white with green fangs morph,  Bold jumpers are pretty cool too.   We get both of these plus the grey jumper in my yard.  

back on topic, i'd go for a phobia friendly mode we could toggle, seems the disney princess filter is the social media rage lately,  they should use that.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

• 6 months later...

I know this isn't directly related to a "phobia" per se, but I would love if games that were based around constructing things would have some kind of ocd friendly features of keeping. Things. Straight! I spend more time lining things up than one should lol.

• Haha 1

I would like more control over the accessibility option. For instance, it's the pincers and sounds that really freak me out, but I think it looks dumb with no legs. It's also harder to tell that it's a spider from far away, which is the point, but I like to know what I'm walking up on. 

I'd like to be able to set like 4 legs, no pincers, less sounds, but keep most of the texture and the 4 legs the same. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 10:26 PM, Mr Shinythings said:

I know this isn't directly related to a "phobia" per se, but I would love if games that were based around constructing things would have some kind of ocd friendly features of keeping. Things. Straight! I spend more time lining things up than one should lol.

HAHA! I'd say that counts as a phobia per se. That kind of thing drives me nuts too. I can't tell you how much time I've spent in Grounded trying to get things to line up, be on the same level, connect in the spot I want/need them to, etc...sometimes I just need to nudge something in one direction or the other but can't. 

In saying that they did recently add the move feature for already placed items, that has greatly helped me move misplaced things.

3 hours ago, FostahBoss said:

I would like more control over the accessibility option. For instance, it's the pincers and sounds that really freak me out, but I think it looks dumb with no legs. It's also harder to tell that it's a spider from far away, which is the point, but I like to know what I'm walking up on. 

I'd like to be able to set like 4 legs, no pincers, less sounds, but keep most of the texture and the 4 legs the same. 

I imagine controls like that may only become available once the game is complete and probably not made by the company but by people who make MODs. I could be wrong though. 

For those who enjoy playing this game but fear it for whatever reason, I hope the company can continue making adjustments and removing/limiting those fears. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenpachi_kon said:

I imagine controls like that may only become available once the game is complete and probably not made by the company but by people who make MODs. I could be wrong though. 

For those who enjoy playing this game but fear it for whatever reason, I hope the company can continue making adjustments and removing/limiting those fears. 

I hope so too! It'll be fine (for me) if they don't add it in. I can play with the legs on (not all 8 tho), I just have to stop for a moment and let the feeling that spiders are crawling all over me go away. 

• Thanks 1