Raw meat Freezer

How about a freezer so we could keep our raw meat longer before it spoils?  We have a fire pit and a dehydration hanging thingy but those two things turn the meat into something else but what if I needed a specific raw meat for another recipe to make something else like raw aphid meat for a smoothie?

1 hour ago, dvsnathan said:

Can't really see this being implemented as there is no way to get ice unless they should add seasons like winter.  I could see them adding something similar with salt as this is what used to be done in the past to preserve meat.

I was thinking something found in the backyard like an abandoned freezer OR antifreeze bottle or something you know?

Would be nice ngl but the antifreeze ice would be toxic if they were going for realism. Abandoned freezer would need some sort of electricity to I would think to keep the ice from not melting if they also did go for realism on that as well. Salt imo would be the most feasible option for preserving raw meat but I doubt they would do that either tbh.

4 hours ago, dvsnathan said:

Would be nice ngl but the antifreeze ice would be toxic if they were going for realism. Abandoned freezer would need some sort of electricity to I would think to keep the ice from not melting if they also did go for realism on that as well. Salt imo would be the most feasible option for preserving raw meat but I doubt they would do that either tbh.

How does a cooler work you know?  Ice stays in coolers for a long time.  Im thinking like a YETI.  Those things keep things cold/cool for a very long time! :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/16/2020 at 8:09 PM, Truth said:

Sure, if they implement rare meats.

Right now, bugs are in abundance.  Not hard to get the meat you want. 

but they spoil and you cant use spoiled aphid in your smoothie. 😉  The freezer idea would keep them from spoiling instead of turning them into jerky.

i'm for this idea, but to do it in the game methods we have it'd have to be a root cellar type deal to keep it cool.  they'd have to give us the ability to dig.  and that would only extend the shelf life of the meat a couple days at best.   

The only feasable way i can see to do the freezer idea is if they add a dropped styrofoam cup with ice in it, and allowed us to harvest the styrofoam and build an icehouse with the ice.  still that would only give us a few days over the root cellar for cold storage.  maybe a week tops in game time.

• Like 1

Xbox One X

There is bases under the oak tree, in the hedges, haze field, ect.. that once did have electricity.. but the batteries blew up when we turned the lazers on at the start of the game. burgl mentions fixing the batteries!! If we do this somehow that brings electricity to the game. And Bam you have your freezer if they implement it. 

• Like 1