So I delivered one of the missives, in Port Maje. I also dealt with the stalker perfectly. But, I have now checked what that ultimately means (Clario gets assassinated).

My question is, if I never deliver the other missive and never finish the quest, will Clario still die?

Also, how exactly do I go about going against the Royal Deadfire Company, while making Maia realize that their methods are reprehensibe, for her to stay in my party?

I did play the game almost to completion when it first came out (I also abandoned that save), so not much is considered spoiler to me anymore. Now I just want to take the correct steps for the ending I want (best possible Vailian-sided ending).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Adexrekt

Also, how exactly do I go about going against the Royal Deadfire Company, while making Maia realize that their methods are reprehensibe, for her to stay in my party?

On my opinion Maia's personal quest is super buggy.  I delivered all the missives but at the end I had to kill everyone at RDC   with her on my team, and she didn't even protest. On the final battle she was more than happy to kill his master Atsura without protesting. So... probably you don't need to worry too much. 

• Like 1

Just now, Belsirk said:

On my opinion Maia's personal quest is super buggy.  I delivered all the missives but at the end I had to kill everyone at RDC   with her on my team, and she didn't even protest. On the final battle she was more than happy to kill his master Atsura without protesting. So... probably you don't need to worry too much. 

Thanks for the reply! Does that mean that if I destroy the RDC in the end, the assassination plots fail by default?

Just now, Adexrekt said:

Thanks for the reply! Does that mean that if I destroy the RDC in the end, the assassination plots fail by default?

Ah no. That is still going to happen. But, now that you make the question. It's bizarre, who is still working for RDC at that point ?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Belsirk said:

Ah no. That is still going to happen. But, now that you make the question. It's bizarre, who is still working for RDC at that point ?

Weird. But this means that my question is still not answered. I am looking for someone who knows for sure if I complete only half of Maia's quest, can half of the assassionation plot go ahead and appear in the ending, or is it tied together? Meaning, in my case, is it possible for the Vailian leader to die, while the Huana one never does?

Edited by Adexrekt

Just now, xzar_monty said:

Ok. Then we just have a difference in temperament, here: for me, it's interesting to try something and see what happens, while it's not interesting to already know what's going to happen and then just go through the motions.

As I already said above, I already know the majority of the plot of this game, as I played it at release. In that save, I ****ed up nearly everything plot-wise. I just want the best outcome because of that.