Problem/suggestion

Okay so long story short under the big oak tree where the wolf spiders spawn me and my friends built a base and worked hard and long on it and it was coming along extremely well when I died from a ladybug and respawned for the first time at that base and when I spawned in so did THREE wolf spiders. I about pooped myself. After some thinking and trying to build up the courage we went in and we took them out as they destroyed our base. Luckily the chests didn’t break but we would very much appreciate if you guys added a system to prevent enemies from spawning around player built structures in the next patch. I know this game like just came out but I really really like this game and I want to provide detailed feedback. Thank you for your time if you read the whole thing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are you building with grass? because if so that'll probably do it it's the weakest material and even ants take it out without any problems. Maybe try building with Clay or weed stems this will definitely fortify the base and make sure there's no way to enter it either unless its a door or something.  Towards the Eastern side of the tree you should find an abundance of Weed Trees near the flowers.  Oh btw you can also use lure traps in case you didn't know.  This will help attract these Wolf Spiders away from your base.

• Thanks 1

I wish that was the case, we blocked off all entries and made a giant base inside the tree but the problem is the wolf spiders are still using the spawn point under the tree. They’re not breaking in or anything they just spawned as I said in my post. I’m assuming there just isn’t a mechanic to prevent them from spawning if there are player structures on the spawn point

@Ikovacs1747

I refer to this place as Spider Town due to it being home to the wolf spiders and round the back, orb spiders. This is their home and if you choose to kick them out, expect them to fight back. Spawn points are chosen for a reason and if we’re able to block them, then this would easily be exploited.

I’d suggest looking for a new base location or get used to living with the spiders.

• Sad 1

there's an issue (maybe bug?) i've noticed with spider spawns.  Thought it was just with Gnats and Ants, but i must not have noticed until last night.  it's a gauntlet run for me to get to the oak tree lab.  all of the spiders around it and along the fence on each side have double or triple spawned.  where a few weeks ago i'd have 1 or 2 in an area, i now see up to 6.   luckily wolf spiders have always been loaners, so instead of 5 or 6 like the orb weavers i've only got 2 to outrun that wander around the lab entrance.

So far i haven't seen spawn issues with the other bugs, bombardiers, stink bugs, and lady bugs haven't changed that i've noticed.  Although i did kill the bombardier at the spade quite a while back and it hasn't respawned yet, so maybe....

14 hours ago, Tartansnake said:

@Ikovacs1747

I refer to this place as Spider Town due to it being home to the wolf spiders and round the back, orb spiders. This is their home and if you choose to kick them out, expect them to fight back. Spawn points are chosen for a reason and if we’re able to block them, then this would easily be exploited.

I’d suggest looking for a new base location or get used to living with the spiders.

+1 to this

Xbox One X

So I built a kill box ala fight club outpost inside the tree where the wolf spider, a couple orb weavers sleep and guess what?  I check every day and it has not returned.

Edited by tecknotot
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tecknotot said:

So I built a kill box ala fight club outpost inside the tree where the wolf spider, a couple orb weavers sleep and guess what?  I check every day and it has not returned.

Yeah I thought about making a base inside there but wasn’t sure if they would keep spawning in and destroying stuff so I built a stair case all the way up the juice box by the water with a base On top and a diving board with 2 bounce pads to get back up. But now I wonder if previous bases could potentially be destroyed with the new update coming.  Like if you put a base where they are going to add something new what will happen? 

1 hour ago, Imganjasmokeyou said:

Yeah I thought about making a base inside there but wasn’t sure if they would keep spawning in and destroying stuff so I built a stair case all the way up the juice box by the water with a base On top and a diving board with 2 bounce pads to get back up. But now I wonder if previous bases could potentially be destroyed with the new update coming.  Like if you put a base where they are going to add something new what will happen? 

It might get destroyed or even worse, insects invade you constantly. 😛 

What I been doing is where wolf spiders "live" I would kill them and start building a wall around them to see if they return because if they dont then that means theyre just wandering out in the open. 😛