Stink bug pile up and laaaag

Hey having trouble with the area of the map heading towards the haze/ stepping stone area 5 stink bugs are glitching out all over colliding with each other and half stuck in the ground. It's around 150 cm from the ant nest marker entrance heading towards the stepping stones from the nest entrance it crashes if on multiplayer if we head to that section which atm we are trying to build round there and are unable due to crashes freezes and very bad frame dips like 1 feame per minute seriously something wrong with that part of the map it does same on solo too 

Edited by Steve616
Forgot to add its both multi and solo after trying it

4 hours ago, Steve616 said:

Hey having trouble with the area of the map heading towards the haze/ stepping stone area 5 stink bugs are glitching out all over colliding with each other and half stuck in the ground. It's around 150 cm from the ant nest marker entrance heading towards the stepping stones from the nest entrance it crashes if on multiplayer if we head to that section which atm we are trying to build round there and are unable due to crashes freezes and very bad frame dips like 1 feame per minute seriously something wrong with that part of the map it does same on solo too 

What is your hardware setup?  I have not experienced lag yet.

• Like 1

Tbh no not since the last patch I'm wondering if it's cause there an influx of creatures in the area under ground as well as on top plus the building catwalks and complexes everywhere but atm it's impossible for me to build or go in that area so I went opposite end of map complete an outpost their until it gets sorted. Everywhere else seems fine other than that spot.

2 hours ago, Steve616 said:

Tbh no not since the last patch I'm wondering if it's cause there an influx of creatures in the area under ground as well as on top plus the building catwalks and complexes everywhere but atm it's impossible for me to build or go in that area so I went opposite end of map complete an outpost their until it gets sorted. Everywhere else seems fine other than that spot.

It might due to the 30 ants I found around the hot dog and inside the rock nearby 😄

2 hours ago, tecknotot said:

It might due to the 30 ants I found around the hot dog and inside the rock nearby 😄

My hotdog and apple are gone... They disappeared after the first patch and hoped that the last patch would've fixed it.... It didn't. 

1 hour ago, Fletch Dude said:

My hotdog and apple are gone... They disappeared after the first patch and hoped that the last patch would've fixed it.... It didn't. 

Thats odd, I have two areas that spawn hot dogs and apple cores all the time.

• Like 1

Yeah my apple and hotdog are spawning fine too. I've recorded a video if any from obsidian is reading it titled broken area of map to show what happens each time I try visit the area. 

Xbox profile RoidRaginRaptor 

I've tried emptying the ants nest killed a fair few but dunno how many there are or the respawns of them cleared area around the stink bugs but still as I try to go get the 5 stink bugs it laggs then crashes without fail. 

I think in this location on my game it spawns 3 stink bugs. I could be wrong but maybe the extra 2 cause a frame drop on the console? I play on both console and pc and I notice for certain that I only experience issues with lag or low fps on the console.  This may be a dumb idea but if you have access to a PC try to load your regular save and maybe lure 1-2 of them away from that location then save.  If you don't have a pc then see if your able to at least get close enough to lure 1 elsewhere with the bow that is if you don't hit the lag zone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dvsnathan said:

I think in this location on my game it spawns 3 stink bugs. I could be wrong but maybe the extra 2 cause a frame drop on the console? I play on both console and pc and I notice for certain that I only experience issues with lag or low fps on the console.  This may be a dumb idea but if you have access to a PC try to load your regular save and maybe lure 1-2 of them away from that location then save.  If you don't have a pc then see if your able to at least get close enough to lure 1 elsewhere with the bow that is if you don't hit the lag zone.

Thanks for the tip I shall give it a whirl 

3 minutes ago, Fletch Dude said:

I know of the one on the left center of map location, where is the other?

There is one near the juice box nearest to the abandoned ant hill I can't remember the name of the juice sorry but it swaps between the apple core and hotdog daily rotations and there are the ones near where you get the rotten blade from although I can't remember where they are situated I think it's going towards the hedge but don't quote me on that one. 

Edited by Steve616
Forgot details

2 minutes ago, Cdiaz said:

Hey Steve, just wanted to confirm that your gamertag is RoidRaginRaptor? Ill get your info added to our support tickets as this problem with this lag and stink bugs we currently have open

Hey cdiaz yes that is the correct gamer tag for Xbox and thank you. 

On 8/22/2020 at 8:37 PM, Cdiaz said:

Hey Steve, just wanted to confirm that your gamertag is RoidRaginRaptor? Ill get your info added to our support tickets as this problem with this lag and stink bugs we currently have open

I have a video of the problem under my gtag too if its any help I don't know how or if I can share it here as it says 1mb only max size it's named broken area of map and I can always record again if need be. Appreciate the response I know you guys are busy. So thanks again I really don't want to start a new session. 

On 8/22/2020 at 8:37 PM, Cdiaz said:

Apologies I sent you a pm as don't really know what I'm doing lol. Update for my problem is I now can't play the game. I can't get to the character select screen on any save and have waited an hour on one attempt. I tried to thinking it might be influx of bugs being my problem go and kill everything near and eventually all being well under and on the problem area. Instead I hard crashes to dash board and now when I try loading even on an early save it won't get to the charecter screen. Have tried resets and reinstalled cache clear etc etc. I'm stuck now can't do or think of anything I can do. Again appreciate your time helping whilst you busy. 

I have found the cause of my issue it's the solder ants are built up in a section of the tunnels presumbly it's under where the stink bugs are I managed to kill them all after like 3 hours of lag ING down the tunnels hoping not to crash but prevailed need to go back down with help to clear the rest out but I the manged to kill the stink bugs too and I can now for now mostly get through the area without crashing or too much lag. Hope this helps rectify it in future update. There is videos of it under gtag Xbox RoidRaginRaptor thank s