Please move wolf spiders away from Oak tree Lab door

Please move wolf spiders away from the oak tree lab door. These spiders 2 hit kill players. I'm trying to start over but I cannot reclaim my stuff cause of a wolf spider killing me in 2 hits.  Orb weaver spiders would be better for roaming spiders but please move them away from the lab door please.  This in infuriating and frustrating.  

This is debilitating for in game progress right now when a wolf spider the most powerful spider ingame spawns and or walks around the oak lab door. I cannot even sprint past the spider to talk to robot. I'm requesting that the wolf spider//s be moved away from the lab door which fresh players need to progress to talk to the robot for quest and tech.  I can't reclaim my stuff but the wolf spider will kill me in 1 hit unarmored and 2 acorn armor.  Not enough time to do anything other the chain dying over and over and over. In 1 to 2 hits trying to get my stuff back.

If a wolf spider supposed to be at the oak tree please make it unroaming and in that tree cavern.

I  shouldn't have to use the ant entrance/exit to get in the lab. The actual door should be free from super boss predators. A roaming orb weaver spider every now and again fine but a wolf spider a boss spider that will one to 2 shot you in next to nothing for gear shouldn't be there roaming around or spawning at or next to the lab door. 

I can't get my stuff back till the wolf Spider a boss spider is off the lab door.  

This is in solo play. 

Edited by Yoshuren
Typos/ Fixing typing errors.
  • Like 1

Right now I have use the backdoor to the lab to get quests cause I got a wolf spider next to the actual lab door.  I cannot hope to defeat that kind of spider till I get tier 2 lady bug armor and a mint mallet and it is keeping me from using the lab door.  

You can see the lab door on the bottom.  And my health goes to 0 in one hit an I was slightly injured.

I was finally able to get my stuff back but the wolf spider is still roaming the door to the lab. Which I'am forced to use the back entrance to bypass the wolf Spider.  These are not the weak spiders around the log fence these are the hardcore boss spiders. And my tools and armor are tier 1.  They need to be relocated away from the lab door. 

20200813213337_1.thumb.jpg.fd73f813822feecf7d054b022a33e9fe.jpg

Edited by Yoshuren
Typos/ Fixing typing errors.

you can move them yourself.  make them chase you and lead them away.  they'll wander the area where you lose them.  It's also very easy to run past them and go in the lab doors, they're too big to fit through.  Orb spiders can make it inside, i've had to kill 2 so far in the tunnel after the first working door, but i've always had the wolf spiders stop at the first broken door, then if you have 50ish tier 1 bow and arrows you can kill it.

Xbox One X

They shouldn't be there to begin with is my point. You have to go there for beginning of game missions. Having the most powerful spider in the game at the area where your weak and vulnerable and in junk gear starting out can prevent or slow further progress. Not everyone knows the back entrance. And this spider 1 hit people with no armor on . In full Acorn armor it took 2 hits for it to kill me. 

I need to be fully geared in full lady bug armor for regeneration and block bonus's and a mint mallet to take it down and even that is a challenge. Cause you have to count on stuns and perfect blocks.

Look i'm not trying to complain i'm just saying it could hinder progress for some not everyone knows there is is a back entrance to the lab and having a boss like spider killing you over and over in 1-2 hits can get frustrating. My point is they shouldn't be at or around the door to begin with.  And it is not that easy to run past them they can nail you in the back as your running.  

That's my point is all. 

Right now for me I have to use the back entrance to bypass the spider till i'm strong enough to take it down.

Edited by Yoshuren

On 8/13/2020 at 11:22 PM, Yoshuren said:

Please move wolf spiders away from the oak tree lab door. These spiders 2 hit kill players. I'm trying to start over but I cannot reclaim my stuff cause of a wolf spider killing me in 2 hits.  Orb weaver spiders would be better for roaming spiders but please move them away from the lab door please.  This in infuriating and frustrating.  

This is debilitating for in game progress right now when a wolf spider the most powerful spider ingame spawns and or walks around the oak lab door. I cannot even sprint past the spider to talk to robot. I'm requesting that the wolf spider//s be moved away from the lab door which fresh players need to progress to talk to the robot for quest and tech.  I can't reclaim my stuff but the wolf spider will kill me in 1 hit unarmored and 2 acorn armor.  Not enough time to do anything other the chain dying over and over and over. In 1 to 2 hits trying to get my stuff back.

If a wolf spider supposed to be at the oak tree please make it unroaming and in that tree cavern.

I  shouldn't have to use the ant entrance/exit to get in the lab. The actual door should be free from super boss predators. A roaming orb weaver spider every now and again fine but a wolf spider a boss spider that will one to 2 shot you in next to nothing for gear shouldn't be there roaming around or spawning at or next to the lab door. 

I can't get my stuff back till the wolf Spider a boss spider is off the lab door.  

This is in solo play. 

I was able to get around the spider by hitting them 1st running away from the lab door then going to side to side back to the lab door to make it harder for them to hurt me. 

Try to block more, move side to side, hit the spiders with arrows where they can't detect you cause the eventually run and scurry away from the current area they were hovering in. Use gas arrows to heavily damage them, lure arrows to move them or those lure traps put them away from the lab door. 

Lastly when your visiting a dangerous area like that don't bring a ton of good loot with you unless your sure your gonna do. Just have at least 5 previous game saves so you don't have to worry that much about not getting your stuff back yes what you accomplished in the last 5 min will be lost but you can do that over again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 5:02 AM, Kairo Kitchens said:

I was able to get around the spider by hitting them 1st running away from the lab door then going to side to side back to the lab door to make it harder for them to hurt me. 

Try to block more, move side to side, hit the spiders with arrows where they can't detect you cause the eventually run and scurry away from the current area they were hovering in. Use gas arrows to heavily damage them, lure arrows to move them or those lure traps put them away from the lab door. 

Lastly when your visiting a dangerous area like that don't bring a ton of good loot with you unless your sure your gonna do. Just have at least 5 previous game saves so you don't have to worry that much about not getting your stuff back yes what you accomplished in the last 5 min will be lost but you can do that over again.

You can always build walls around the entrances to the wolf spider den as I call it and trap the spiders in there. Make sure you have windowed walls as well so if they attack the wall you can shoot through it. The AI is usually smart enough to run off and try to get around the obstruction so if you seal them all off they have no way of getting out. Hope this helps as I have a base right along the pond by the juice box and frequent that area for acorns.

Couple of things: the wolf spiders have a 'sleeping nest' in the tree root area (base of tree, directly under it) which is why they are so close to the door.   Try different times of day - as yes, they sleep, and yes crouching helps sneak past them undetected (they were nerfed on the range they find you as well) 

Also... I have never had this issue, I killed my first wolf spider with just tier 2 axe and some perfect blocks, several smoothie? and like 1 bandage.

• 4 weeks later...

When I wanted to go there, I just saw them and went away again, after all, I didn't have any weapons at the beginning. I only went back when I had the bow and looked for a hill and shot once and watched how she reacted. Then I made heaps of arrows and then flattened them, don't know why you keep complaining if you don't get something right the first time. Don't know maybe I'm too old too. Then I built walls at the entrances, now I'm mostly quiet😅

honestly, having wolf spiders be active around the oak tree during the day makes little sense due to them being nocturnal hunters. Even ignoring the fact that they'll most likely be sleeping during the day, their sensitive eyes and lack of eyelids would cause them to be overwhelmed by the brightness of sunlight.

Although, I wonder... Maybe the wolf spider was asleep, but was woken up by the explosion. If that was the case, perhaps the strategy here is to block up the oak tree before activating the mysterious device.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:21 AM, Yoshuren said:

They shouldn't be there to begin with is my point. You have to go there for beginning of game missions. Having the most powerful spider in the game at the area where your weak and vulnerable and in junk gear starting out can prevent or slow further progress. Not everyone knows the back entrance. And this spider 1 hit people with no armor on . In full Acorn armor it took 2 hits for it to kill me. 

I need to be fully geared in full lady bug armor for regeneration and block bonus's and a mint mallet to take it down and even that is a challenge. Cause you have to count on stuns and perfect blocks.

Look i'm not trying to complain i'm just saying it could hinder progress for some not everyone knows there is is a back entrance to the lab and having a boss like spider killing you over and over in 1-2 hits can get frustrating. My point is they shouldn't be at or around the door to begin with.  And it is not that easy to run past them they can nail you in the back as your running.  

That's my point is all. 

Right now for me I have to use the back entrance to bypass the spider till i'm strong enough to take it down.

I agree. I don't understand who idea it was to put a wolf spider by a place you have to go just to progress more into the story. Wolf spiders should be in areas you're gonna have to battle it in and not areas you have to go and get quests no games has anything like that. The wold spiders should definitely be moved to another location. As a matter of fact I feel like every type of bug should be in one area of the map not scattered all over the place.

• Like 1