Low FPS around light decor

I play on pc with a ryzen 5 3600,16 gb ram,and a radeon r9 270x. 1 light decor causes me to lose fps. After 3 its pretty much unplayable.  I've lowered my settings, but it only helps a bit.  It would be nice to decorate with lights and turn them on, but i simply cant do it.

Just adding a +1 here. Light sources really hit my FPS. Funnily enough, however, hand-held torches (even when me and my 2 kids all have them out) don't seem to impact FPS even slightly but putting up 3 sconces makes a significant hit.

My specs:
i7-9700k
16gb ram

This issue is known and it made my pc crash everytime. I had about 9 light sources on one of my bases and my entire pc would randomly reboot itself because the GPU would crash. 

Once I shut the lights off suddenly game runs perfectly. I can only have like 3 or 4 on at a time. This isn't a hardware issue but rather an in-game issue. The developers are aware of it and they will hopefully fix this on a later update. 

• Like 2

Hey. Yeah I am on the XBOX ONE. The Torches light up so well and with the bug with the glow lights not working the sconces & torches were the only option. I shut all but 2 off or I just dealt with turning my GAMMA ALL THE WAY UP. Which looked like crap but man oh man a massive difference helping the frame rate. I'm hoping that the 0.1.2 patch fully fixed the glow lights and that they are bright enough or if you have to put an insane amount up they don't kill the FPS.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:34 PM, Thaijler said:

I play on pc with a ryzen 5 3600,16 gb ram,and a radeon r9 270x. 1 light decor causes me to lose fps. After 3 its pretty much unplayable.  I've lowered my settings, but it only helps a bit.  It would be nice to decorate with lights and turn them on, but i simply cant do it.

I think this is a known issue but was playing with a friend that uses a Radeon GPU.  I think its an issue with Radeon cards.  However, he managed a workaround by turning off the lights and just leaving one on.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:12 AM, KINGKYKY10510 said:

Hey. Yeah I am on the XBOX ONE. The Torches light up so well and with the bug with the glow lights not working the sconces & torches were the only option. I shut all but 2 off or I just dealt with turning my GAMMA ALL THE WAY UP. Which looked like crap but man oh man a massive difference helping the frame rate. I'm hoping that the 0.1.2 patch fully fixed the glow lights and that they are bright enough or if you have to put an insane amount up they don't kill the FPS.

The Xbox One is an AMD GPU and Cpu. This is why it is happening on Xbox. It uses pretty much same architecture and similar drivers to some GPUs on pc. AMD drivers have been an issue in the past but this issue also extends to a select Nvidia cards as well. This is mainly an issue with the game which the developers are aware of and will make it more compatible in the near future. 

• Like 1